1.4 MILLION Reservations for the Cybertruck, and Counting!!!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I wonder if ordering the Plaid model will allow you to skip to the front?
They will have to offer a Plaid version first, tho. During Model 3 production, choosing whatever they were focusing on at the time moved you up... That wasn't always the most expensive model, but it tended to be an optioned-up model.

-Crissa
Sponsored

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I wonder if ordering the Plaid model will allow you to skip to the front? or how ordering the plaid will work at all. I realize it's all just speculation. Plaid could become available well after production starts.
Isn’t what’s called the CT “Tri-Motor” in effect equal to the Model S Plaid (or even Plaid+)?

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Isn’t what’s called the CT “Tri-Motor” in effect equal to the Model S Plaid (or even Plaid+)?
The current Model S Plaid has a 0-60 of 1.99 vs <2.9 for the tri motor Cybertruck. They may offer a Plaid version of the Cybertruck, but the tri motor will be fast enough for me.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
The current Model S Plaid has a 0-60 of 1.99 vs <2.9 for the tri motor Cybertruck. They may offer a Plaid version of the Cybertruck, but the tri motor will be fast enough for me.
I’m not sure that is an argument by itself as the CT is much larger and heavier.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, it's using a similar powertrain, but the Cybertruck Is just a bigger vehicle.

We have not heard of any performance models at all, but that's not unusual. The Model 3 track modes and software upgrades didn't come until later. The Performance wasn't completely detailed before 2018 either.

-Crissa

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

The original Motortrend article about Cybertruck, post reveal, said the Trimotor was the Plaid version.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I compare the CT more to a Model X weight wise. The Plaid Model X with 18650 cells is being rated at 0-60 2.5 secs. The Plaid CT with 4680 cells might be faster than a 2.9 0-60

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
The Tri-motor powertrain is the Plaid. There is no difference. Elon called it the plaid cybertruck. It's just their name for it.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Just a reminder of how the "reservation line" worked for the model 3, and will likely work for the CT:

1) First six months of regular production, you get called in the order of the list
2) after that, they send out an email to ALL saying "you may now place your order".
3) It then becomes a "first come, first served" to actually place an order.
4) They give you a delivery date estimate of 4 months from order date
5) You settle in planning to have finances in order for that date
6) Two weeks later, as you get off a plane in Boston on Monday, they call and ask if you can pickup the vehicle that Friday, in Santa Barbara.

Ok, 4 through 6 was just us. But expect 1-3 to be how it works. :)

tbennett1962

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My order # puts me at about 9,4xx. I ordered the Tri-motor. With likelihood of cancellations and building the tri first, another spreadsheet put me in the first 3,000!! I wonder what that is worth to someone who got to the game late? ;-)

Nidavellir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-Order CyberTruck
Country flag
Elon was still talking...

Est Position:4,151
Est Position for Trim:1,377
Est Delivery Month:12/13/2021

Think Santa will be coming to my house this year?
where do you find that info?
Thanks

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
The original Motortrend article about Cybertruck, post reveal, said the Trimotor was the Plaid version.
It makes sense now that both the Model S and X are both listed as Plaid once you go to Trimotor.

T - Roy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 2-Motor
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Recent updates showed that the Cybertruck Pre-orders have reached almost an astonishing One Million and a half. That means that if Tesla increases its EV production by 100%, reaching 1 Million vehicles per year, it shall still divide production into 4 SEXY models + Semi, and finally the Cybertruck. So, being generous and assuming Tesla produces a quarter million CTs per year...It would take 6 years for the "Nubies" Cybertrukkers to get served. High five for us early birders, who were in love at first sight with this beautiful real life Toy-Robo-truck.
My reservation # is 114346841, CT2M, I am going to be waiting a long time....I don't even want to think about it...

Any thought on only the Tri-Motor having the new 4680 Cells?

Wildfortune

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Tri-motor C/T to replace my Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired to a Hobby Farm
Country flag
My reservation # is 114346841, CT2M; I am going to be waiting a long time...I don't even want to think about it...

Any thought on only the Tri-Motor having the new 4680 Cells?
ON Battery Day, Elon said that the Semi and CyberTruck would be getting the new 4680 cells. He used no qualifiers. Because of the new cell's structural nature and how it is integrated with the C/T, it would be difficult to use an older, non-structural cell in other varients. I would expect to see only the new cell across all variants.
Sponsored