Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Sand Hollow is awesome
Unfortunately most of it has squeezes or rocks a CT can’t go but theres still plenty of fun areas.
I should organize a Moab CT run for sure. Any takers?
Spring 24 might not have enough people with em to attend but perhaps fall 24?
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Sand Hollow is awesome
Unfortunately most of it has squeezes or rocks a CT can’t go but theres still plenty of fun areas.
I should organize a Moab CT run for sure. Any takers?
Spring 24 might not have enough people with em to attend but perhaps fall 24?
I'm 39,000 from the first night. I have been hoping to have my CT By April 8, 2024, for several years. As you mentioned, there's a real possibility that there won't be a lot of owners even by Spring 24. BTW, April 8 2024 is the Eclipse. I am planning to be in Arkansas near where my mom lives. And it sure would have been nice to have the Cybertruck.

Fall of 24 sounds more reasonable. Moab would be a great location, kind of centrally located.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm headed out to Sand Hollow next week. Side by Sides are soo much fun. I rented one from Mad Moose in October and didn't feel the need to do anything beyond the capabilities of one of these. These guys make a lot of great videos of that area.

Edit: Yes. Cvalue I have looked at the prices and they are far from cheap. And I agree anytime you're buying into new tech. The prices are HIGH. I can't imagine Jeep selling that Magneto E for less than $100,000 either.

I have to wonder if these are going to take over a lot of the market which “Jeeps” have traditionally dominated. They aren’t constrained by the limits imposed by street legal vehicles can be a lot lighter as a result. Lots of other compromises you can avoid.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have to wonder if these are going to take over a lot of the market which “Jeeps” have traditionally dominated. They aren’t constrained by the limits imposed by street legal vehicles can be a lot lighter as a result. Lots of other compromises you can avoid.
I don't know Ogre. They are an expensive recreational vehicle. That's mostly an offroad vehicle in most states. With a Jeep or Bronco they're not just a one-trick pony.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I didn't know there were designations like that. I see people operating golf carts at one unincorporated beach community near me all the time.

I read the DMV info and it's very limited. Can't be used on roadway with speed limit of 35mph. The main roads all around my home are 45mph and up to 55mph. So that wouldn't work. But also when I dug into the info, I came across this.

Modified/Altered NEVs/LSVs (CVC §21254)

If you modify or alter your NEV/LSV to go faster than 25 miles per hour, the vehicle no longer qualifies for the relaxed FMVSS established for NEV/LSVs. Your vehicle will be required to meet the same FMVSS established for passenger vehicles. Failure to comply with all necessary regulations may result in a citation.

So, there are use cases, but very limited.
They never test that unless you're caught speeding. But yeah, it you're not connected with back roads, you can easily get islanded.

That's why my spouse got me the Zero, which is highway competent (not just highway capable).

-Crissa

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I will be attempting to make my own tube doors for the CT. Minor knowledge in the door electronics, garage pipe bender, all kinds on LineX and raptor liner left over.

I will attempt for sure.
I wonder if the CT will have the interior washable floor with drains like the new broncos? Probably not with that Silicon Valley white suede looking interior.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't know Ogre. They are an expensive recreational vehicle. That's mostly an offroad vehicle in most states. With a Jeep or Bronco they're not just a one-trick pony.
Your right. A Jeep or a Bronco acts as a crappy replacement for a Model 3 for 29 days a month then goes Off-Roading for a weekend. But it’s not just a crappy replacement for a Model 3. While it’s burning 10x the amount of energy as that Model 3 getting to the grocery store and back, it tells people that you are the sort of guy who is dedicated to his off-road adventures. So dedicated you are willing to spend the week in the least efficient commuter/ grocery getter on the planet so you can enjoy your once a month trip to the hills.

Ver important that people know.

/s

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
I wonder if the CT will have the interior washable floor with drains like the new broncos? Probably not with that Silicon Valley white suede looking interior.
I figured it wouldn’t because the skateboard structural battery.

unless you make a 1 inch false floor that’s slanted and just have it drain out the side.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I figured it wouldn’t because the skateboard structural battery.

unless you make a 1 inch false floor that’s slanted and just have it drain out the side.
That's the way my 1969 Chevy pickup was. Rubberized floor with a high hump in the middle. After getting in with muddy boots I'd just hose it out. Same with my 72 VW bus. I want the floors rubberized with carpet mats if I want to go to the Opera. ;) 😂:ROFLMAO:

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Your right. A Jeep or a Bronco acts as a crappy replacement for a Model 3 for 29 days a month then goes Off-Roading for a weekend. But it’s not just a crappy replacement for a Model 3. While it’s burning 10x the amount of energy as that Model 3 getting to the grocery store and back, it tells people that you are the sort of guy who is dedicated to his off-road adventures. So dedicated you are willing to spend the week in the least efficient commuter/ grocery getter on the planet so you can enjoy your once a month trip to the hills.

Ver important that people know.

/s
I guess its a good thing my Jeep spends most of its time locked away because it makes a horrid daily driver. Especially during the winter.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I guess its a good thing my Jeep spends most of its time locked away because it makes a horrid daily driver. Especially during the winter.
I definitely wonder about the category. I don’t think Tesla is going to make a Jeep replacement. Does Jeep stick around as this super niche brand which is going to be increasingly more expensive than something more mass market like the Cybertruck? Or maybe the category just shifts to more and more ICE/ classics. Or do people start modding Model Ys to the hilt….

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It should be a fine Neighborhood-class replacement? I don't need to go over 40 to get to the grocery store, and it should be possible to get there at 25 if a suburb is built right.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
A floor drain would solve the problem of having to pee with 500 miles of range. Just let 'er rip down your leg like Tour de France bicycle racers. :oops:
Sponsored