carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
if this 265mi @ 90% goes for under $60k I will be completely satisfied. would be cool if you can purchase an extra 50 miles for like 5k I would drop that.
Sponsored

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, some things have changed and not for the better. My parents raised 7 kids on a single income (I was the last). But part of it is our standards have changed dramatically. I realized just how much when I had kids. We're spoiled. My parents never flew south. Never went out for drinks, rarely for dinner and a local dance. One or two TV's, no internet, no cell phone, no streaming package. Same clothes for years. My wife buys the best new iPhone every year. My 1980s mom would view that as insane.

OP
OP

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
Didn’t the reveal say dual is 300miles? Why would everyone be mad if they almost exactly hit that spec? I don’t want the dual. I need longer range, but I never wanted the Dual and that range. I don’t quite understand the disappointment
they are literally giving us what they showed and people are complaining. even though I would love more than 300 miles for a dual motor I am not disappointed. however when I compare it to my model 3. I think the 300 miles on the model 3 compared to the truck will use more Wh/mi depleting the battery quicker. so if I get roughly 260/270 miles from my 300 range model 3, will I get less in my truck or the same? truck wh/mi will definitely be over 300 wh/mi

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
It depends where you want to live. When I graduated university I thought it was a major center. I got sidetracked into a career in a more rural area. Probably the best thing that happened to me. Everyone wants to live in big cities, but if you change perspective and look at smaller town options, you start to ask...why?

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
not my experience with my 320mi pack

but maybe this is Tesla-specific math
CV,

How many miles do you typically get out of your 320mi pack?

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
$90K in 1980 is not the same as it is today. Also, the average salary in 1980 was significantly lower than it is today.

Tesla Cybertruck 265 mi range at 90% shown in demo Cybertruck driven by Marques Brownlee MKBHD 1701353579083

Also, from SSA.gov:
Tesla Cybertruck 265 mi range at 90% shown in demo Cybertruck driven by Marques Brownlee MKBHD 1701353677270

Petertsai

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, cybertruck reservation
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have an almost 9 yo Model S (S85D) and battery degradation is at about 8.5%.
It’s not just the range. The older Teslas seem to have slower charging rate, taking longer to charge at superchargers. When traveling, that is my biggest complaint.

AZCYBER

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model S
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I will be very disappointed with an EPA range below 350 miles. Until there are way more SCs in the backcountry of AZ, NM, UT and CO, 300 or less just doesn't cut it. Life is more than interstate driving.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
Why bars to represent battery? That's so Nissan.

9 bars should logically be anywhere between 90-99% and only 100% at 10 bars. But in practice 100% might extend as low as 97% so the ninth bar might be 90-99%, but could be anywhere in between 81-96.

It's a horrible representation.
Sponsored

Last edited: