410 mile range Rivian the better choice over Cybertruck?

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
Nice to see this vehicle finally within reach / coming off the line. Looks like a truck and works like a truck...and available now. If CT only makes a 350 mile truck available early - will you still opt for that over a more capable Rivian that actually looks cool?

Thinking I would still opt for the CT - so I can sell it for a profit and buy a better equipped Rivian. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
Nice to see this vehicle finally within reach / coming off the line. Looks like a truck and works like a truck...and available now. If CT only makes a 350 mile truck available early - will you still opt for that over a more capable Rivian that actually looks cool?

Thinking I would still opt for the CT - so I can sell it for a profit and buy a better equipped Rivian. What are your thoughts?
Eh, I appreciate Rivian, and think their vehicles are.... cute. But the utility of the CT well outpaces the R1T in pretty much every category, including the machismo that comes with having a truck.

IMO the R1T fills a very specific and narrow niche, which benefits from smaller size and posh styling. There's also the faction of the country who have an irrational and ignorant bent against Elon and thus Tesla. Additionally there's the justified resentment of sticking out like a sore thumb driving around a low-poly Warthog.

Outside of that, I wouldn't consider a Rivian to be "more capable..." unless we're counting capability by the pounds of cooked sausage from built-in luxe glampware.

edit: the irony of growing up in the wild-west of NSFW internet days, only to discuss ultra-modern vehicles with someone named "love2cyber" isn't lost on me.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
Rivian is a great truck, but way too expensive for most people.

Getting the 20s will also net you around 350mi range

I think it's a fantastic platform and I hope they are around long enough to buy the R2 platform when we replace my wife's car.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

Unless Rivian comes out with a bulletproof stainless steel edition, I don't think so, homey.

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
Unless Rivian comes out with a bulletproof stainless steel edition, I don't think so, homey.
Assuming it's true, bulletproof body/glass is a huge selling point. I would even consider reinforcing it to stop 5.56 nato rounds.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Well, maybe you can, but I can't afford that shit.
@Love2Cyber did say they would sell their CT for a profit to pay for the replacement vehicle. Using that logic, if the reservation is early enough, the Hummer might just be an affordable replacement.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I perceive Rivian as the new age Rav 4

Nothing wrong with that, it will have its customers

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Is this a troll post? I keep getting sucked into these.

If a model X plaid costs less than the 400 mile range R1S, imagine what the CT will be like compared to 400+ range R1T. wil either super undercut the price or super outperform.

Luckily as Mr Scaringe put it. Tesla doesn't have to lose for Rivian to win.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
… a more capable Rivian that actually looks cool?
Huh???

There are just as many people that dislike the Rivian styling as there are those that dislike the CT styling. There are just as many that love the R1T styling as there are those that love the CT styling. But stating your opinion as a universal fact doesn’t make it so. I’m not fond of the R1T styling. Heck, I’m not fond of the F150L styling. Or for that matter, ANY truck styling! The only thing that makes the CT styling appealing to me is, IT DOESN’T LOOK LIKE A PICKUP!

More capable??? I put my kids to sleep in bigger beds when they were 2! Capability is measured based on what YOU intend to do with it. If you don’t tow, then who cares what the towing capacity is. If you want to pull a 50’ racing boat out of the water (~10,000# +trailer weight) then the 14k towing of the CT could be the only capability you measure. If road tripping (with or without towing) is your bag, then max range is your priority for capability. But if having headlights that polarize peoples’ opinions about your truck is your #1 issue, then the Rivian is the only way to go.

OP
OP

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
All good points, thank you. I've changed my mind.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
You gonna hit us with the, EVs are not actually better for the environment thread next?
Sponsored