Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Why would I want to own Tesla? Once I have cybertruck I will be so gone. Money is for buying stuff and if you already have everything you want what's the point of more?
The thing is, I can't actually buy the Cybertruck yet. So the money was sitting there and I couldn't use it to buy stuff. So early this year I put the price of a Cybertruck into Tesla stock. I got in kind of late, but my stock has more than tripled. So, free Cybertruck.

And that answers the question of why I want to own Tesla.

disclaimer: Never invest money you can't afford to lose. I have no idea what any stock will do tomorrow. I may still lose it all by the time it should be ready to be used to buy a Cybertruck.
Sponsored

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
The thing is, I can't actually buy the Cybertruck yet. So the money was sitting there and I couldn't use it to buy stuff. So early this year I put the price of a Cybertruck into Tesla stock. I got in kind of late, but my stock has more than tripled. So, free Cybertruck.

disclaimer: Never invest money you can't afford to lose. I have no idea what any stock will do tomorrow. I may still lose it all by the time it should be ready to be used to buy a Cybertruck.
Same here.

I couldn’t afford any Tesla(used or new) in 2017 when I put a portion of my IRA into Tesla. That portion could now get me four tri-motor Cybertrucks.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If you donate to charity they all start calling.... Don't do it!?
Sadly, you are right about the reality that charities sell information [like every business], and I stopped giving to certain charities once I found out and ascertained the fact when they said they wouldn’t stop. I told them that they were giving up a lot more than they were gaining and said goodbye. I think I would rather give and see what happens downstream than to make assumptions up front that apply to everyone. It is certainly a conundrum of our times though.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Sadly, you are right about the reality that charities sell information [like every business], and I stopped giving to certain charities once I found out and ascertained the fact when they said they wouldn’t stop. I told them that they were giving up a lot more than they were gaining and said goodbye. I think I would rather give and see what happens downstream than to make assumptions up front that apply to everyone. It is certainly a conundrum of our times though.
We need a "Yelp for Charities" database...

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
We need a "Yelp for Charities" database...
There is one, but I forgot where I put the link. It evaluate charities along several metrics. I do not know if they have 'doesn't sell donor information' as an evaluation metric.

Teslaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S P85
Occupation
Winemaker
Country flag
Got >200 shares of TSLA, soon to be >1000. Was tempted to take some profit (current cost basis <600)), but I want to see 2 things: The effect of the split, and the effect of the battery day announcement.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Got >200 shares of TSLA, soon to be >1000. Was tempted to take some profit (current cost basis <600)), but I want to see 2 things: The effect of the split, and the effect of the battery day announcement.
Sitting on 65 shares post split, the first stocks I ever bought lol. Hoping battery day pushes it up a lot!

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Just don't do like Uncle Jed did back in the day and move to Beverly, I here the neighborhood has done gone downhill, shucks. In a few years you may very well be a millionaire, go long.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag

If you keep your savings in cash nowadays at 1.3% CD interest rates you are not keeping up with inflation which devalues the dollar an average of 50% every 20 years. Owning shares of good public and private companies is the secret to beating inflation in our current bloated federal government system.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
OP
OP
Youaregoldone

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
I wish people would not misuse that term. Here's an example of exponetial growth: Stock price today $2000; one year from now $2004; two years from now $2006.01.

Here is another: today $2000, 1 week from now $1809.67, 2 weeks from now $1637.46.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Stocks are not for the faint of heart. Research, rec

Stocks are not for the faint of heart. Research Research Research But if $1835 is too rich for you, consider at the end of the month you will have 5 shares for every share you purchased. That comes to $367 per share. Consider that Musk is expanding world wide and sinking big bucks into TESLA, what does that sound like? AMAZON! If you want a lighter investment look at LAC, they mine lithium in Nevada. And who’s in Nevada? Tesla Giga Nevada (or Gigafactory 1) is a lithium-ion battery and electric vehicle subassembly factory near Reno, Nevada. And what’s coming up in late September? Battery day! Do your research. Start small and have fun. :geek: :oops::)
I hope some people looked at LAC, just paid off my dual CT with FSD, taxes and all! o_O:sneaky::geek:
Sponsored