Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Considering they are doing them in large numbers you would think they would be a little less expensive than the aftermarket.
My experience is when you take your vehicle to the dealer/manufacturer's service center, for any kind of service/maintenance, it costs more than taking it to anybody else, unless it's under warranty.
Sponsored

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
I can’t find any reviews of Tesla’s in-house wraps online, good or bad! Even for the 3/Y. A local shop that does have excellent reviews wants to charge $6500, I’m wondering if I should go with them or roll the dice on the Tesla in-house PPF. For what it’s worth I’m not as concerned about the quality of their product as I am about the execution

scottyah

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mountaineer
Country flag
If they made that winter camo, I don't know if I could refuse, even though I absolutely love the natural SS look.

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
I can’t find any reviews of Tesla’s in-house wraps online, good or bad! Even for the 3/Y. A local shop that does have excellent reviews wants to charge $6500, I’m wondering if I should go with them or roll the dice on the Tesla in-house PPF. For what it’s worth I’m not as concerned about the quality of their product as I am about the execution
My cybertruck has been at a Tesla sc for the last week getting wrapped. It was supposed to be done today but they are “missing parts” and don’t have a current estimate for when it will be done. Maybe it will be done tomorrow and I’ll be singing praises or three weeks, swearing teslas name under every breath.
Right now I would say go with a third party installer. Starting to wish I did instead.

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
My cybertruck has been at a Tesla sc for the last week getting wrapped. It was supposed to be done today but they are “missing parts” and don’t have a current estimate for when it will be done. Maybe it will be done tomorrow and I’ll be singing praises or three weeks, swearing teslas name under every breath.
Right now I would say go with a third party installer. Starting to wish I did instead.
Good to know!

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My experience is when you take your vehicle to the dealer/manufacturer's service center, for any kind of service/maintenance, it costs more than taking it to anybody else, unless it's under warranty.
Tesla's installation warranty is only 1 year. If you have any issues during that time you have to schedule a service appointment through the app. If you have any issues after that, then you have to schedule service through the app and pay.... Not that great compared to 3rd party shops.

SixZo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cyberbeast, 2022 Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Now if only they didn't have to take your truck for two weeks in order to wrap it.
I believe the expected install time is 3-4 days per the Tesla website.

I can see how the early jobs may take a bit longer as the installers get the experience under their belt, though.

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYP
Country flag
Which SC?

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
I believe the expected install time is 3-4 days per the Tesla website.

I can see how the early jobs may take a bit longer as the installers get the experience under their belt, though.
After 9 days sitting at the service center I took the truck back. If you go that route may your fortune fair better then mine
Sponsored