Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Cybertruck alpha prototype was just spotted in Palo Alto yesterday carrying several (8?) offroad tires in the truck bed.

Tesla Cybertruck alpha prototype carrying off-road tires in bed1.jpg

Tesla Cybertruck alpha prototype carrying off-road tires in bed2.jpg
What I want to know is this: can I transport my BMW R1200GS in the bed of the CYBRTRK with the tailgate up?

Joe_T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Country flag
Hi all. Been a long time reader of this blog, never posted. But here goes.

Some things I noted from the recent video of the beta version are that you can see 2 breaks in the top surface of the side pilars as the truck turns. Look like attach points similar to those on the original prototype.

Second, there are what seem to be other breaks by the tailgate, both sides, presumably buttons.

exciting!
Joe

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is that a small woman or is it that big?
More like everyone will be trying to ask her out on a date...inside track to all things Cybertruck.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
More like everyone will be trying to ask her out on a date...inside track to all things Cybertruck.
CyberTruckLady: You're so sweet!

Dusty: Oooohhh yeah, you know... *sigh* I gotta say—I'm so happy we spend so much time together.

CyberTruckLady: *snaps fingers several times* My eyes are over here, Dusty.

Tesla Cybertruck How many tires fit in Cybertruck bed? 8 according to new sighting photos (2/3/23)! 🛞 dd0

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
They look like offroad all terrains so I'd wager they're the 35" tires we've seen. Look at the sidewall, though... They have the same custom pattern we've also seen on the earlier CTs. And I don't think there are any tires on the market with sidewalls that look like that.

NOW, (puts on guessing hat).... Could these be special offroad tires specifically for the CT? We know it's supposed to be fast... regular offroad tires have a speed limit of 99mph because of rotational stress Could these be high-speed OEM CT specific offroad tires?

Tesla Cybertruck How many tires fit in Cybertruck bed? 8 according to new sighting photos (2/3/23)! 🛞 CTwheels

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
They look like offroad all terrains so I'd wager they're the 35" tires we've seen. Look at the sidewall, though... They have the same custom pattern we've also seen on the earlier CTs. And I don't think there are any tires on the market with sidewalls that look like that.

NOW, (puts on guessing hat).... Could these be special offroad tires specifically for the CT? We know it's supposed to be fast... regular offroad tires have a speed limit of 99mph because of rotational stress Could these be high-speed OEM CT specific offroad tires?

CTwheels.jpg
The tires on the OG version were specially made tires that had sidewalls that followed the design of the aerohub caps on that reveal night model. These look similar to those and will likely be the ones delivered on the CyberTruck. Specially designed, special compounds, special noise attenuation... etc.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Is that a small woman or is it that big?
If 34 years of marriage have taught me ANYTHING, it's that the only correct answer is "NO, THAT TRUCK DOES NOT MAKE YOUR BUTT LOOK BIG".

:cool:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The tires on the OG version were specially made tires that had sidewalls that followed the design of the aerohub caps on that reveal night model. These look similar to those and will likely be the ones delivered on the CyberTruck. Specially designed, special compounds, special noise attenuation... etc.
I would love if the Cybertruck had support in the computer for multiple tire sizes and took care of the suspension settings and adjusted the speedometer for you.

Being able to toss some 37” tires on here would be… amazing.
Sponsored