Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Giant-ass dashboard, giant-ass windshield, giant-ass wiper. Small-ass hood (compared to other trucks), small-ass frunk (compared to other EV trucks). I wonder how big the glove box will be?
Glove box will be larger than Rivian, which has none.
While the Ford F150L has a very functional frunk including low slide-in height for heavy cargo (Rivian lacks), the short bed length is problemmatic.

I'm in the "more bed, less frunk + garageable" camp.
Sponsored

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Glove box will be larger than Rivian, which has none.
While the Ford F150L has a very functional frunk including low slide-in height for heavy cargo (Rivian lacks), the short bed length is problemmatic.

I'm in the "more bed, less frunk + garageable" camp.
That makes sense. Not too many trucks you can park in a garage, but with the air suspension fully lowered and a 19’ length you should be good to go. It’s best to keep an EV out of extreme heat or cold for long periods of time anyway. Makes the battery last longer.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Giant-ass dashboard, giant-ass windshield, giant-ass wiper. Small-ass hood (compared to other trucks), small-ass frunk (compared to other EV trucks). I wonder how big the glove box will be?
As long as the glove box can hold my gloves, then I am good to go!
Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck Frunk Look + New Wheels Style! [8/13/23] boxing-gloves

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Nice, seems functional. People on this forum will be disappointed they can’t sleep in it though.
But if you're going to the Drive-in on Saturday nights, you might get at least one extra in the Frunk. No-one is gonna know(!) ;)

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I couldn't care less about stowing a golf bag in the frunk. Now if it could hold a spare tire...
A full size 35".....maybe not.
Most OEM brag about 'Golf Bags'
Tesla probably WON'T

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The windshield tape? Along with the new Cybertruck production line the windshield, glass roof and adhesive installation robots are not up and running. My research tells me that Tesla is still assembling the RC candidates by hand.
Or one the robots messed up on. Or the robots missed one while they were being set up.

Only one truck was shown with the tape.

Right now they're being half (probably more) assembled by hand as each of the processes are validated. You can't just line up all the machines and hope they work.

-Crissa
Sponsored