g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
  1. If there is a CT pilot line, it is a well-kept secret
This is hugely important. I wonder HOW hey've made even the 3 they have.
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The facts as we know them:
  1. Elon has stated that the CT production will begin in 2023 (all usual disclaimers apply

Elon was a little more specific. He said Cybertruck production would be "ramping" in mid 2023.

To be ramping in mid 2023 implies that final production samples would be trickling out before mid 2023. Possible Feb - April 2023.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ah sick, what show is this?

I'm fulling willing to accept if I am wrong. But I think if not full trucks, we will see dumpster'd scraps. Thats super reasonable.
Is this sarcasm? I hope not. Itā€™s from the X Files.

Dumpster scraps usually come 6-8 weeks after the press arrives I suspect. Test trucks maybe a month after that. First we need the press. And 4680 production to be a bit higherā€¦ and ??? Magic metal foldy-thing. If the press is in Texas, I see no reason we donā€™t get test trucks in March-April.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
  1. Tesla has enough confidence in the 4680 supply to start the Semi production
Good summary. One **tiny** quibble.

Iā€™ve heard the Semi is shipping with 2170 cells at the moment. Also, the semi seems to be in fairly small scale production so maybe not a big assurance about 4680 supply.

I donā€™t think that really affects your post much so have a fish.

Tesla Cybertruck 9k Ton IDRA Gigapress For Cybertruck Has ARRIVED IN USA! 1665692084534

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Elon was a little more specific. He said Cybertruck production would be ramping in mid 2023.

To be ramping in mid 2023 implies that final production samples would be trickling out before mid 2023. Possible Feb - April 2023.
Yep.

Sitting outside the box, all we can do is watch for signs and portends. In this case, Gigapress, 4680 production ramp, weird looking gigacastings in the dumpster, more test trucks, trucks showing up at Superchargers, etc etc.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

Dumpster scraps usually come 6-8 weeks after the press arrives I suspect. Test trucks maybe a month after that. First we need the press. And 4680 production to be a bit higherā€¦ and ??? Magic metal foldy-thing. If the press is in Texas, I see no reason we donā€™t get test trucks in March-April.
I thought you weee implying Iā€™m ahead of myself

long live x files

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
9K ton is IN USA now!

-Model Y presses weigh roughly 100k LBS for reference. This press weight 175k LBS roughly.

"What about that video that came out last night?" - I'd assume Tesla has some say so on the press surrounding their press they worked together on.

TEXAS DCM means Texas Die Cast Mold. This is appearing to be THE 9K press.

1665164837942.jpeg

*****EDIT****** Its 9 20' containers. whew. This is full detail of the break down. This is absolutely it!
1665166800167.jpeg

UPDATE AGAIN.. IT'S HERE! That ship already dropped off, left, went to Norfolk, and is going back to Italy now. It ARRIVED 9.28. Visuals are IMMINENT!
Ship departed 8.31 in Italy, porting a few places along the way and finally landing in Houston on 9.28! see the log here: https://www.myshiptracking.com/vessels/altamira-express-mmsi-477547100-imo-9407146
1665168396467.jpeg

Elon seems to have confirmed.
Canā€˜t wait for the 9 ton Giga Press however, any reason why the front casting isnā€™t being formed, doesnā€™t that use the 6 ton Giga Press.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Canā€˜t wait for the 9 ton Giga Press however, any reason why the front casting isnā€™t being formed, doesnā€™t that use the 6 ton Giga Press.
No point without the 9k ton in place. Aside from that, how do you know they havenā€™t produced some? Seems like they are trying to keep a lid on most CT stuff right now so they could have made some and recycled them internally.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
No point without the 9k ton in place. Aside from that, how do you know they havenā€™t produced some? Seems like they are trying to keep a lid on most CT stuff right now so they could have made some and recycled them internally.
You think 6K is doing front?!

I thought it was all one casting.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You think 6K is doing front?!

I thought it was all one casting.
Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s 2 castings, just like the Model Y, but the rear casting will be much bigger and beefier. The exoskeleton and the battery fill the area between the front and rear castings.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Ah sick, what show is this?

I'm fulling willing to accept if I am wrong. But I think if not full trucks, we will see dumpster'd scraps. Thats super reasonable.
The X-Files. That's Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in the picture. He believed in aliens and supernatural stuff. They were on an FBI task force to investigates reports that were supernatural or alien... She was the analytical "science explains everything" doctor assigned to keep him on the straight and narrow. It was a good show and they had a good dynamic. Now, if you were just being rhetorical with your question, tough. LOL

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
The facts as we know them:
  1. Elon has stated that the CT production will begin in 2023 (all usual disclaimers apply)
  2. Elon tweeted confirmation that the 9000T gigapress was for Cybertruck
  3. IDRA confirmed that the 9000T gigapress was completed
  4. Joe Tegtmeyer's drone peeked into the gigafactory casting area, and filmed work on a new isolation foundation, presumably for a new casting machine
  5. Model Y castings are now being stored outside to make room for this construction
  6. There is significant construction activity in the "General Assembly Line 2" area in the southwest (earthwork on the ground floor, steel work, concrete, etc.) which is presumably for Cybertruck
  7. There have been many deliveries of stamping equipment from AIDA. Exoskeleton?
  8. Tesla is prioritizing 4680 production in the US and has redirected resources to Austin from Berlin
  9. Tesla has enough confidence in the 4680 supply to start the Semi production
  10. The Cathode plant is rapidly coming together, scheduled for completion by EOY
  11. Tesla will hold their Earnings Call on 19 Oct, stay tuned

Things we don't know:
  1. We've still only seen the 3 or so prototypes, and none of the prototyping is in Austin. All Cybertruck engineering work seems to be in Fremont
  2. If there is a CT pilot line, it is a well-kept secret
  3. Still don't know available configurations, features, pricing, etc.

The looming arrival of the 9000T gigacasting machine is exciting, since CT production cannot move forward without it. But more than that, its arrival would mean that test castings will start to be made, leading to more prototyping, and maybe more sightings...
Great synopsis!
It's possible Tesla has been building the CT line sans gigapress. I mean, while it is different, it isn't so unconventionally different that assembly bots can't be in place awaiting programming, seat line could be making seats, motors could be produced... the list goes on. There isn't a reason they can't build several CTs for in-depth testing today if they do some kind of 3D printing or limited production of the front/rear casting.

We haven't seen any identifiable CT pieces yet from the drone flights - no seats, no panels, no glass... But, the line could be almost complete now. If this is the case, then all we have to wait on is for the Gigapress to be tested and start operation.

the $10,000 question (OLD TV reverence there) is this: Does the Cybertruck require the 9k ton press for the front casting as well as the rear?

Bonus question: If the front casting needs to be made by the 9K, will they use the one press and alternate between fronts and rears thus cutting in half it's throughput?

Will they be getting a 2nd gigapress? What's THAT timeline look like?

Have they already set up one of the 6k ton presses to make CT fronts? Maybe we just didn't notice the practice CT castings for the front end even though it would seem they'd be a lot different from the MY...

Apparently, I had more than just one question there. So be it.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

All fine except that we havenā€™t seen the press yet. The clock starts when the press arrives at Giga Texas and starts getting assembled, not when it arrives at port

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Great synopsis!
It's possible Tesla has been building the CT line sans gigapress. I mean, while it is different, it isn't so unconventionally different that assembly bots can't be in place awaiting programming, seat line could be making seats, motors could be produced... the list goes on. There isn't a reason they can't build several CTs for in-depth testing today if they do some kind of 3D printing or limited production of the front/rear casting.

We haven't seen any identifiable CT pieces yet from the drone flights - no seats, no panels, no glass... But, the line could be almost complete now. If this is the case, then all we have to wait on is for the Gigapress to be tested and start operation.

the $10,000 question (OLD TV reverence there) is this: Does the Cybertruck require the 9k ton press for the front casting as well as the rear?

Bonus question: If the front casting needs to be made by the 9K, will they use the one press and alternate between fronts and rears thus cutting in half it's throughput?

Will they be getting a 2nd gigapress? What's THAT timeline look like?

Have they already set up one of the 6k ton presses to make CT fronts? Maybe we just didn't notice the practice CT castings for the front end even though it would seem they'd be a lot different from the MY...

Apparently, I had more than just one question there. So be it.
Those are good questions. By the way, the machines to make the drive units arenā€™t supposed to arrive until next year so they would have to get test units from elsewhere before then.
Sponsored