A different and complete perspective of the shattered See-through-metal window.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
And I am only bringing this up because I was reading more about it in another thread that was NOT about the window but turned in to a "Window" thread.
My take.
That was the worst Barnum Bailey fake salesmanship BS of the event.

Were we really supposed to believe that the window would protect you from someone throwing a big cunk of metal at the window? Elon is fortunate that it did break the window. He's a genius, and I'd smoke dope and talk about the Universe underneath my fingernail with him, and he'd make it feel like a whole different deeper believable thing (Reverence Animal House). But Dude? If that window didn't break his ass would be in a court room within the year of the Cyber coming to market. Someone would find a lawyer.And that lawyer would have such an easy time of convincing a jury that the injured party had been given the expectation that the windows on the Cyber could stop ANY thing. So when their ex-husband tried to spear them with six ft long section of no.8 rebar they did not think that they need to try and avoid the assault... I mean they saw the glass stop a big huge steel ball that was thrown at it by a pretty healthy man. Just figure out how many zeros go on the check her and her lawyer would get to divide.
So Biggee Ee "dodged a bullet/ball" with that faux paus. And the idiots that dreamed it up should STILL be fired.

Now that is just the first issue I had with this "demonstration."
Really? How few people are there out there that don't have the ability to "see" what they see? Big strong guy, Very big shiny steel ball. So you think if the big strong, healthy guy dressed in black with the GQ hair and beard really throws this huge hard steel ball at ANY window it would shatter, and the ball would g through... And yet the guy wussed the throw. You didn't see that? he bails. He is trying as hard as he can to not throw the ball hard at the window. Anyone able to understand body mechanics can clearly see he laid off of using his ability to break that window with that object. He winds up and then lobs it the best he could without making it look like a lob. While he pretends to step into it, at the end he bails out...like a pitcher trying to deceive a batter by making the body movement as if the pitcher was throwing his heat, but instead takes the power out of the throw in his arm so the ball travels slower than normal. You believe me if you know throwing mechanics, and you don't if you were fooled. Even where the thrower's body ends after the throw tells a discerning person he didn't put any real effort into "throwing" the ball. He bailed. he did not "step into it." He bailed out the side. The energy he created pretending he was going to throw the ball with all his strength had to go somewhere, and he took it off to the side. Do you really think if anyone is going to show the window will not break they will try and break the window?
During this bullshit demonstration The Thrower wanted to lob the ball at the window as much as possible without it appearing it was lobbed. If amounts to a deceitful act at best.
And lastly about the actual choice of having "someone" throw the ball... Dude, again, come on? You have your paid pretty boy whose job it is to make Tesla appear great "throw" the ball? yeah riiiiiight? All that would have proved is they were able to fake a scene...
AND, Bigee Ee is a Scientist, his perspective would be, "That proves absofuckinglutely nothing." The dropping the steel balls on the glass? THAT was quantifiable. The forces were constant and measurable...even calculable. Elon hangs his hate on THAT, not a goofy toss with a silver ball. Pure (terrible) showmanship.
After a day I will get to my favorite part of the whole debacle. First go ahead, piss and moan.
"I'll be back."
Sponsored

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
Good, no grief for me this morning about the negative opening post.
Now what was right.
ELON..Biggee Ee... I never paid attention to him. I love him now.... But till the Cyber Reveal I would not waste my time on Tesla Product or Elon. I didn't want a roadster or an electric car of any sort. If SpaceX was launching I'd go in the back yard and watch it. More to see it land than go up. I lived here for over 30 years.
BUT I was mildly interested in the Tesla Electric "Truck" so I watched the reveal on Youtube a couple of days after it happened.
The Stats and the explanation of Form determined by function hooked me. I love honesty.
BUT when the "see-through metal window" shattered... Elon showed he had his own big steel balls. He told the guy to throw it at the back window... Biggee Ee Doubled down. Hard core. Manned-up.
And when it broke he didn't deflect what had happened. No excuses. I do not see that hardly ever. People of character react like he did. (I had no idea how often he had to do just that until I started looking at the man through youtube videos.)
His reaction to a double slap in the face woke me up. He got my interest.
Not the smoke and lights, not the stereo-type yupster/hipsters, all-in-black cool, cartoonish posse Elon had helping put a fake skin on the Cyber.
Elon (i was to find out) was Elon. A good man with a great mind.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
The only other aspect of the reveal I liked were the videos of the bloggers test rides.
You could turn the audio off if you want to view their videos from my perspective. I took away,
... "lots of room, decent acceleration."

After I was interested it made me research Tesla. And The Cyber.
I "ordered" one on December 28th, after a lot of reading and youtube videos (and I didn't want to get one in the first year of production).

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
And I am only bringing this up because I was reading more about it in another thread that was NOT about the window but turned in to a "Window" thread.
My take.
That was the worst Barnum Bailey fake salesmanship BS of the event.

Were we really supposed to believe that the window would protect you from someone throwing a big cunk of metal at the window? Elon is fortunate that it did break the window. He's a genius, and I'd smoke dope and talk about the Universe underneath my fingernail with him, and he'd make it feel like a whole different deeper believable thing (Reverence Animal House). But Dude? If that window didn't break his ass would be in a court room within the year of the Cyber coming to market. Someone would find a lawyer.And that lawyer would have such an easy time of convincing a jury that the injured party had been given the expectation that the windows on the Cyber could stop ANY thing. So when their ex-husband tried to spear them with six ft long section of no.8 rebar they did not think that they need to try and avoid the assault... I mean they saw the glass stop a big huge steel ball that was thrown at it by a pretty healthy man. Just figure out how many zeros go on the check her and her lawyer would get to divide.
So Biggee Ee "dodged a bullet/ball" with that faux paus. And the idiots that dreamed it up should STILL be fired.

Now that is just the first issue I had with this "demonstration."
Really? How few people are there out there that don't have the ability to "see" what they see? Big strong guy, Very big shiny steel ball. So you think if the big strong, healthy guy dressed in black with the GQ hair and beard really throws this huge hard steel ball at ANY window it would shatter, and the ball would g through... And yet the guy wussed the throw. You didn't see that? he bails. He is trying as hard as he can to not throw the ball hard at the window. Anyone able to understand body mechanics can clearly see he laid off of using his ability to break that window with that object. He winds up and then lobs it the best he could without making it look like a lob. While he pretends to step into it, at the end he bails out...like a pitcher trying to deceive a batter by making the body movement as if the pitcher was throwing his heat, but instead takes the power out of the throw in his arm so the ball travels slower than normal. You believe me if you know throwing mechanics, and you don't if you were fooled. Even where the thrower's body ends after the throw tells a discerning person he didn't put any real effort into "throwing" the ball. He bailed. he did not "step into it." He bailed out the side. The energy he created pretending he was going to throw the ball with all his strength had to go somewhere, and he took it off to the side. Do you really think if anyone is going to show the window will not break they will try and break the window?
During this bullshit demonstration The Thrower wanted to lob the ball at the window as much as possible without it appearing it was lobbed. If amounts to a deceitful act at best.
And lastly about the actual choice of having "someone" throw the ball... Dude, again, come on? You have your paid pretty boy whose job it is to make Tesla appear great "throw" the ball? yeah riiiiiight? All that would have proved is they were able to fake a scene...
AND, Bigee Ee is a Scientist, his perspective would be, "That proves absofuckinglutely nothing." The dropping the steel balls on the glass? THAT was quantifiable. The forces were constant and measurable...even calculable. Elon hangs his hate on THAT, not a goofy toss with a silver ball. Pure (terrible) showmanship.
After a day I will get to my favorite part of the whole debacle. First go ahead, piss and moan.
"I'll be back."
Ok I will bite... yes you are expected to believe that the "glass" (not actually glass because glass is an amorphous solid) will protect from a chunk of metal. Alon is ~4x harder than steel of the same thickness. It should not have broken. The steel ball should have bounced off.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Yes, but are we sure its Alon. That stuff really is bullet proof and were it being used I would have expected Elon to mention that. And it looks expensive too!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Yes, but are we sure its Alon. That stuff really is bullet proof and were it being used I would have expected Elon to mention that. And it looks expensive too!
No we don't know that is Alon brand... but Musk has described it as transparent metal so we can be pretty sure that its Aluminum Oxynitride and not aluminosilicate because it would be disingenuous to call that transparent metal and completely foolish to throw a metal ball at it.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
OK.
"the good."
Elon, or Biggee Ee as I like to call my favorite rapper. That is what was good about the reveal. I didn't watch the reveal live. But I was a little interested in an electric pick-up, and man would I have sat in a warm puddle of my own piss if the body was more like a 1950's pick-up than one of the last forty years. And when I saw that bland piece of crap I was right there with so many thinking it was the fake truck. And a real truck would come out on stage soon. Even when they broke the windows I was like, "OK now the real truck...?"
But ELON is why I placed an order.
Even with all the BS about lobbing/throwing a big shiny ball at the window which was not supposed to break it...or either of them I was still watching.
Biggee Ee just wasn't phased by the glass shattering on either of them... He hung with it. Owned it, and went on.... NOT normal. Not Normal especially for a CEO, or a guy with so much skin in the game. I think the idea for that big metal ball came to Elon when he saw his scrotum in the mirror. Cuz he definitely has a set of big brass balls.
Only after he went over the honest engineering of the Cyber did I accept what it looks like. I still hate the look. Though if it stands out because it is "right" then I am all in.
So I started reading about Elon. Not a bad subject. And i started understanding him and his mental extension, Tesla. And finally about 10 days ago I bought 110 shares at $644 a pop. Which is way and above the boldest move I've made in the stock market. Fortunately I got in 5 days before it blew up..and back down. But right now I sit about 15% better off than when I bought it...
I bought it mainly because I started understanding Tesla and Elon, and I had just pulled my money out of my China Stocks because of the Corona virus, and figured that perhaps I would play the game I saw a few people post about on here. Where they bought TSLA now to pay for their Cyber later.Who knows, if it works out I'll get the tri-motor instead of the dual.
Sponsored

Last edited: