Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Hey there CTOC fam,

So I have been an active user of this forum for quite some time. I have always told myself that once I receive the magic email from Tesla stating my FS Cybertruck is ready to order, that I will take a hard pass and wait for the non-FS.

Well, last night I got the magic email:
Tesla Cybertruck About to click the order button... 1715180740632-2b

My insides started to boil with excitement, but then I remembered what I told myself and that I will NOT order the FS.

However, after I spike with my wife and laying out the pros and cons of waiting versus buying now, I think I am going to go against my initial thought and go ahead and order the FS AWD Cybertruck. Primary reason is time... I already waited over 4 years and don't want to wait another year or two whenever they start producing the non-FS series. I am definitely not getting younger and my two dogs that I want to travel with me in the Cybertruck are not getting younger either.

So, wish me luck with this purchase. I have saved money since I reserved the truck, so it will be a cash buy. I am extremely excited.

The main question I have is what is the average time between purchase and delivery? I hope it isn't another year.
Sponsored

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
Expect around 90 days from order to delivery for the FS units.

If your RN is very low, as in reserved within a day or two of reveal night, you might be better off waiting for non-FS units. If your RN is high, you might be looking at delivery in 2025 or 2026 for a non-FS unit however.

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
We will support whatever mind karate you need to do to convince yourself to order the FS. Although in 2 years, I will know the FS is overpriced and not a sound financial decisionā€¦but IMO itā€™s about purchasing for the experience as long as you are able to financially justify it.

My confirmation to delivery window took 3 months for the AWD. However as Tesla is ramping up production, maybe itā€™s been sped up? It will also depend on your location.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD on order
Country flag
I held out for two months (invite 01/18, Config 03/15). Then the Ides of March was upon me and I gave in. FS AWD.

FWIW, in these parts (SoCal) it's been 45-60 days from Config to VIN. I'm on day 54 and still no VIN, but I'm hopeful, haha!!

Good luck, OP!!

heems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
The angst will melt away once it arrives. Itā€™s not easy spending this amount of money (at least wasnā€™t for me) but it has been a blast. The smiles all around are real and worth something. I am happy I was fortunate to even have this choice and able to take this road. Hope the same is true for you.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y / Cybertruck
Country flag
Hey there CTOC fam,

So I have been an active user of this forum for quite some time. I have always told myself that once I receive the magic email from Tesla stating my FS Cybertruck is ready to order, that I will take a hard pass and wait for the non-FS.

Well, last night I got the magic email:
1715180740632-2b.png

My insides started to boil with excitement, but then I remembered what I told myself and that I will NOT order the FS.

However, after I spike with my wife and laying out the pros and cons of waiting versus buying now, I think I am going to go against my initial thought and go ahead and order the FS AWD Cybertruck. Primary reason is time... I already waited over 4 years and don't want to wait another year or two whenever they start producing the non-FS series. I am definitely not getting younger and my two dogs that I want to travel with me in the Cybertruck are not getting younger either.

So, wish me luck with this purchase. I have saved money since I reserved the truck, so it will be a cash buy. I am extremely excited.

The main question I have is what is the average time between purchase and delivery? I hope it isn't another year.
Congrats my brother, what is your RN # ?
Hoping my RN#11314 invite is just around the corner šŸ™

OP
OP
rudedawg78

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Congrats my brother, what is your RN # ?
Hoping my RN#11314 invite is just around the corner šŸ™
My RN is RN11305* so yeah, not much longer until your number comes up! :)