Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Personal Trainer
Country flag
Can you add self driving to your reservation of the Tesla Truck if you previously reserved it without?
Sponsored

Ocala.Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Yes, and unfortunately I did that today. Was not aware of the option at the $7k price point until after July 1st.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
did it add any time to your delivery or reservation date number

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It did not add any extra time to my order from what I can tell. I am not sure if it is going to be the case for all.
I wonder if going from tri-motor to 2 motors will cause a delay

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Generally adding features puts you ahead in the queue because Tesla has in the past sold fancy-trim units first.

Some trim features have slowed delivery, like extra seats and motor configuration. But most are front-loaded.

-Crissa

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
GDay CT friends, I didn't tick the FSD box as someone in Oz said to do it after I got the CT as it would save on the Govt. taxes.
But I saw on a Utube vid that it may cost a lot more to do later or when I actually have it.
Any comments, and how do I go back and tick that box if it is better?
Thanks

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
GDay CT friends, I didn't tick the FSD box as someone in Oz said to do it after I got the CT as it would save on the Govt. taxes.
But I saw on a Utube vid that it may cost a lot more to do later or when I actually have it.
Any comments, and how do I go back and tick that box if it is better?
Thanks
If there is a price increase, as there was July 1, the the cost of adding Full Self Drivingcould be more at time of manufacture. That is one factor besides Oz government taxes.

If you do decide you want to, you can reserve it now and lock in the price to ward off any future price hikes. Doing so will not alter your place in line or mandate you must purchase FSD at time they call to confirm and establish your options. If it is your turn and you don’t want it then you cancel it. However, if you do not get it then and they have had a price increase I do not know if you later choose to get FSD if you are still grandfathered into the reserved price. That is something one of the experienced Tesla owners will need to advise you on.

If you want to add it as an option you will just go to Tesla, log it, select the FSD option.

mlee168

First Name
Mon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Plugin
Country flag
I added the FSD option right before it went up to $8K USD. I was thinking to add it after the fact to save some on tax, etc. Seeing that it was going to go up $1K, I decided to get it right away and cancel later if needed. I am hoping that having this option will move me up a bit.

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Good morning, Thanks to those giving some help in adding FSD to my order.
DONE, thru the Tesla site. It did cost an extra $100AUS, but I will, someday, be able to say, "take me to the Fish n Chip shop"!!
Enjoying reading / chatting in this forum :):):)
Sponsored