All Parking Lots with more than 8 spots Should Have Solar Canopies and EV Chargers

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Apparently now it’s bad to live in the most prosperous state in the country?

O. K.

Thats news to me. I moved out of California, but not because of politics or economics, I just like what Oregon offers me weather and recreation wise more. If I were to leave Oregon, California is on the short list of states I’d migrate (back) to. Texas is defitely not on that list. Nor most of the “Flyover” states. Not due to politics, but weather/ climate/ recreation options. Colorado, Idaho, and perhaps a few very specific parts of Arizona or New Mexico are the only others. Though spending a week in Hawaii makes me wonder if I could afford a second home. Winter home, spring/ summer/ fall home?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm of good humor about this; people are going to like places for different reasons. Much of the US has different reasons to recommend it.

Yeah, some of it is political, but, it's all in good fun, we do things differently, right? In California you don't need a special permit to operate a business out of your home if you're not having employees come and go. But other states do! Maybe that's important to you. Maybe not. California sets your property tax pretty much when the property was purchased, others let it wander around at the whim of local assessors... Different ways of doing things.

But mostly it's different climes. Behind my neighborhood is a State Park with miles of trails. Ten miles away is the beach. I get sun all summer and rain... Sometimes in the winter. I like these things.

It's all good.

And I grew up in Oregon, I'm fond of it ^-^

-Crissa

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I appreciate that we all enjoy different places as well.

I just think it’s crass to walk around saying things like “You must be from Teksas…”

Particularly when it’s political.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Many researchers use GDP per capita as a metric so I am not alone.

Is amount of land ( space for cow , corn, wheat) better like U.S. does senate election voting?

I am open to suggestion.

Do you know of some easily computed, fairly inexpensive, readily available data, and better method of doing the comparison?
A comparison metric of what? That is my question.

Are you trying to get to a quality of life measure, or something of that sort?

GDP/population is not going to do that.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you trying to get to a quality of life measure, or something of that sort?

GDP/population is not going to do that.
Except it does. It's associated with pretty much every quality of life measurement.

But since you ignored the rest of the posts to make a political one, and ignored the rest...

And we asked what you'd suggest and instead, you just... didn't? You didn't come up with any measure for quality of life.

That makes this conversation go nowhere,

-Crissa

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm a 66 yr old Californian (born and raised)..... I actually don't mind that there seems to be an exodus and the population may actually go down. I just wish it wasn't all my family and friends. I plan to stay.
there are really a lot of people from CA moving to TX. Generally the Hondurans coming in at least bring their restaurants and culture, the CA folks, ... well ...

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
That video is a perfect example of what bothers me. Trying to stereotype and divide people. That's how to control people, by pointing out differences and dividing them into different stereotypical groups. If you're not with us, you're against us CRAP. Even the Texan in that video is a stereotype.

Here's a funny thing about this also. This narrative of hate against Californians doesn't even begin to take into account that a huge majority of the population in California are not from California. And also there are a lot of people in California that are exactly the opposite of that stereotype, and some of them want to move to Texas and other places, because they identify with those other stereotypes.
I agree it is a real problem when people move somewhere just for a job, and they don't identify, and don't feel at home with where they've moved to. Those people are takers and have nothing to give.

Don't buy into this crap, we're all human beings with a lot more similarities than differences. It sure is hard though when our world is changing. We all don't like/resist change.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Here's a funny thing about this also. This narrative of hate against Californians doesn't even begin to take into account that a huge majority of the population in California are not from California. And also there are a lot of people in California that are exactly the opposite of that stereotype, and some of them want to move to Texas and other places, because they identify with those other stereotypes.

Don't buy into this crap, we're all human beings with a lot more similarities than differences. It sure is hard though when our world is changing. We all don't like/resist change.
Yeah.

People ask me where I'm from, and well... I'm not from Santa Cruz. I grew up on the coast in Oregon and Washington. And my spouse moved here from Oklahoma. But if I say where I was born, I'd get no respect... but who cares? I was one year old when my family moved!

They're lots of great places in the country, in the world! ^-^

-Crissa

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That video is a perfect example of what bothers me. Trying to stereotype and divide people. That's how to control people, by pointing out differences and dividing them into different stereotypical groups. If you're not with us, you're against us CRAP. Even the Texan in that video is a stereotype.
I agree completely. But it's a joke, that's all. There are six videos in all, all make fun of ridiculous stereotypes. There is no narrative of hate.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I agree completely. But it's a joke, that's all. There are six videos in all, all make fun of ridiculous stereotypes. There is no narrative of hate.
Hahaha, I just watched all 6 videos, and they did have me laughing. They did a pretty good job, and it was some good humor. They were playing with stereotypes. Even though I got some good laughs out of this, there's an agenda behind this. It was a bit of a sales job. But, it was funny.

Just don't buy into the stereotypes. Enjoy the laughs.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. I hoped these would positively contribute to the discussion, instead of divisive. I liked the subtopic of barbecue. On that note, Bludsos in LA is excellent - I used to go there when it was in Compton, and the pitmaster learned in Houston. Now they have a couple of locations on is in Hollywood. Real BBQ is so rare, at least in LA, that I certainly can relate to the guy in the videos being totally shocked on the first encounter.

Lol, and remember, your CT will SHIP TO YOU FROM TEXAS.

About 10-15 miles east of the Austin Gigafactory in Taylor is Muellers BBQ, which dates back to the 1930s, and it is where Franklin learned his craft. His restaurant in Austin central usually has a 4-5 hour wait. So, Muellers is a good pit stop for someone picking up a CT at the factory if that turns out to be allowed.

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks. I hoped these would positively contribute to the discussion, instead of divisive. I liked the subtopic of barbecue. On that note, Bludsos in LA is excellent - I used to go there when it was in Compton, and the pitmaster learned in Houston. Now they have a couple of locations on is in Hollywood. Real BBQ is so rare, at least in LA, that I certainly can relate to the guy in the videos being totally shocked on the first encounter.

Lol, and remember, your CT will SHIP TO YOU FROM TEXAS.

About 10-15 miles east of the Austin Gigafactory in Taylor is Muellers BBQ, which dates back to the 1930s, and it is where Franklin learned his craft. His restaurant in Austin central usually has a 4-5 hour wait. So, Muellers is a good pit stop for someone picking up a CT at the factory if that turns out to be allowed.
Thank You, I always like a great BBQ. I have been following progress on Giga Austin since the first day Elon announced they purchased the land for the Giga Factory and an Ecological Paradise along side the Colorado river. IMMEDIATELY, the wheels were spinning in my head! I can go to Austin to pick up the CT and road trip it from there up to Ft Smith Arkansas where my mom and all my relatives from her side of our family are from. A large group of our family (including my mom) moved to California during the 30s-40s like in the movie "The Grapes of Wrath". Eventually, all but a few of us kids born in CA, moved back to Arkansas/Oklahoma.
When I saw the video by Kara & Nate on Buc-ees, my son and I were even more excited about going to Texas! My son wants one of those GIANT mugs! Now you're giving me more ideas about staying in Austin for a little bit longer than overnight.
For anyone that doesn't know about Buc-ees. Here's a great video:

Last edited:

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank You, I always like a great BBQ. I have been following progress on Giga Austin since the first day Elon announced they purchased the land for the Giga Factory and an Ecological Paradise along side the Colorado river. IMMEDIATELY, the wheels were spinning in my head! I can go to Austin to pick up the CT and road trip it from there up to Ft Smith Arkansas where my mom and all my relatives from her side of our family are from. A large group of our family (including my mom) moved to California during the 30s-40s like in the movie "The Grapes of Wrath". Eventually, all but a few of us kids born in CA, moved back to Arkansas/Oklahoma.
When I saw the video by Kara & Nate on Buc-ees, my son and I were even more excited about going to Texas! My son wants one of those GIANT mugs! Now you're giving me more ideas about staying in Austin for a little bit longer than overnight.
For anyone that doesn't know about Buc-ees. Here's a great video:
I've had fun taking visiting people from CA and Australia to Buccees. The freak out. Their jaws drop. Same thing with visiting Bass Pro Shops. The scale of these operations is insanely huge.

Buccees close to here have a row of Tesla Supercharges by the freeway access road - all the way down the >1000' frontage. More than a hundred per store.
Sponsored