Am I a celebrity?!?!? Regular guy, new Cybertruck owner.

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Regular guy, just picked my truck up today. Sorry for those of you still chomping at the bit to get yours, but get ready. Constant smiles, waving, and pictures everywhere. Every one wants to look at it. People don’t know what it is but they think it’s cool. I went to the grocery store and no joke, came out to 3 people wanting to take pictures with it and had no idea what it was.

It was definitely worth the wait, but jury is still out if it was worth the price hike.

Tesla Cybertruck Am I a celebrity?!?!? Regular guy, new Cybertruck owner. IMG_2133
Sponsored

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I went to the grocery store and no joke, came out to 3 people wanting to take pictures with it and had no idea what it was.
Can you activate "remote fart" in the app yet? If so, that would make decent reaction videos 😏

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. I think actually having it is a double edged sword. I know some folks would rather not have the attention but until they’re pretty common, there’s gonna be people who are interested and want to ask questions/take pictures. I guess in the beginning, don’t make stops when you’re short on time. 😊

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Regular guy, just picked my truck up today. Sorry for those of you still chomping at the bit to get yours, but get ready. Constant smiles, waving, and pictures everywhere. Every one wants to look at it. People don’t know what it is but they think it’s cool. I went to the grocery store and no joke, came out to 3 people wanting to take pictures with it and had no idea what it was.

It was definitely worth the wait, but jury is still out if it was worth the price hike.

IMG_2133.jpeg
Thanks for the review. I tend to characterize The CT as the DeLorean of our generation:

- looks futuristic
- stainless steel
- wedge “ folded paper” design
- every outing in it seems like you are attending a one car car show

Get used to the attention.

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. I think actually having it is a double edged sword. I know some folks would rather not have the attention but until they’re pretty common, there’s gonna be people who are interested and want to ask questions/take pictures. I guess in the beginning, don’t make stops when you’re short on time. 😊
It was like this when the Model S was grand spankin’ new to the market as well… owners talked about factoring in “Tesla time” for everywhere they went to plan around it and there was this thing people joked about called the “Tesla nod” you did when you ran into other Tesla owners. There were even YouTube videos about the nod as well that were kind of funny… and all that for a car that looked in comparison rather similar to other vehicles on the road.

I can imagine that the CT will generate far more interest given the unique looks coupled with the popularity of pickup trucks in North America. So until CTs have become commonplace in every small town owners are going to be in for a lot of attention and discussions everywhere they go. Then people will move on to the next new thing once the CT is no longer a novelty to see and you can disappear back into the ranks of obscurity with the mundane pedestrians again. Until then there will be days you’ll enjoy the opportunity to be an EVangelist and other days you’ll just want to get your groceries without the time sink but it’s part of the early adopter phenomenon. Upcoming Aptera owners will probably also be in for something similar I would imagine. Try and enjoy it while it lasts but some days it WILL annoy you.

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Congrats and enjoy! Hey, maybe you could get one of those "retractable barrier" setups, like they use for the Cybertruck display models they have at the Tesla showrooms? Keep it in your frunk. Then park in an open area of the parking lots you go to, set up the posts and put the retractable barrier around your Cybertruck before you walk away to go in to the store. That would be funny.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Back in 2002 when the T-Bird made its return, I purchased a teal color T-bird. The first week alone my girlfriend, now wife got pulled over 3 x in 1 week. Not for speeding she said. Just for looks.

But the best was when she went to the West Hollywood post office and Halle Berry pulls up in her new coral colored T-Bird and ask my Girlfriend how she was able to get a Teal / Blue color T-Bird.

Girlfriend tells her that she should have married a Plumber.

Not too long after she divorced her husband.
Halle, I still do house calls🪠.

True story.

Rick

yerEVan

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X Plaid, Y Perf, Y AWD, S Plaid, CT AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the review. I tend to characterize The CT as the DeLorean of our generation:

- looks futuristic
- stainless steel
- wedge “ folded paper” design
- every outing in it seems like you are attending a one car car show

Get used to the attention.
A DeLorean still gets looks. Mainly because there aren’t many left but still looks awesome. And had a “small” part in a movie a while “back”.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
When visiting your mistress... take the Corolla
Lol I think if it was me I wouldn't make it out of the Cybertruck in the first place...btw how did you figure out Corolla is her name? ;)
Sponsored