g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Oh OK I was not referring to the 6 foot bed Tacoma that comes in at the max measurement depending on configuration it’s 212 to 225.5“ in length
Totally fair, but it bares more for truck functionality of Taco vs R1t imo but... yea. Regardless. I don't wanna fight :)
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Bingo - I'm in the same boat. 300 miles...or even 350 miles on a truck is like having an oversized golf cart. Needs to do what trucks do - carry a payload and tow up and down hills without a range pucker factor.
my truck has 320 and it’s the best F150 ever made

payload is near irrelevant to range

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
my truck has 320 and it’s the best F150 ever made
payload is near irrelevant to range
Unless you are carrying the payload up the mountain. Then again, high range truck means you are carrying more batteries uphill too.

And I like mine more than I thought I would as well. Surprisingly even 240 mile range has been enough for me so far but I don't do heavy duty trucky stuff with my truck and I have used an ICE for long distance traveling. I think 350-400 mile would be more than enough for me.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
whether you ‘reserved’ one is besides the point

the point was that when configurator opens, one can choose whatever variant they wish (regardless of what they expressed interest in)

and, if the dual says 2 months to delivery, and the tri says 12 months to delivery, some people will be put to a decision
You said "what WE should be hoping for..."

I was just pointing out that I'm not part of your stated "WE". I literally could not care less about 300, 350, or 400 mile truck.
It's 500+ or bust. I can wait. My hail damaged, 1 accident truck is at 140k, and it serves me just fine and runs fine.

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag

I was just pointing out that I'm not part of your stated "WE". I literally could not care less about 300, 350, or 400 mile truck.
It's 500+ or bust. I can wait. My hail damaged, 1 accident truck is at 140k, and it serves me just fine and runs fine.
Agreed. By definition, trucks provide utility. If you have to stop every hundred miles to tow something up hill, that is weak utility. I also think it's silly to have a second vehicle around for real truck stuff because an electric $80k truck has limited range. Seems like a ton of compromise - for car owners, sure, not for truck drivers.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
correct that I did not say what *you in particular* should be hoping for

nonetheless, I assume you are among the ‘we’ if there are 20 duals to every tri, and a LR dual w 500mi is offered

not sure what you’re disagreeing with

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
correct that I did not say what *you in particular* should be hoping for

nonetheless, I assume you are among the ‘we’ if there are 20 duals to every tri, and a LR dual w 500mi is offered

not sure what you’re disagreeing with
That is a sound point. I won't wait if they're pumping out duals. Early reservation holder = I'll buy the dual and sell it for a massive profit to someone who wants a shiny car. Then - I'll wait for a real truck with range / utility to do truck stuff.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
That is a sound point. I won't wait if they're pumping out duals. Early reservation holder = I'll buy the dual and sell it for a massive profit to someone who wants a shiny car. Then - I'll wait for a real truck with range / utility to do truck stuff.
You won't have a choice but to wait while you're banned from purchasing.

Then you can use a gas truck to do your truck things.

Edit: tbh, since it sounds like you're a logger or something. Maybe you should just order a Tesla semi and call it good. Then you'll finally have a "real" truck

Last edited:

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the Irony of these “do truck stuff” comments is the universe of people standing by to laugh at anyone who thinks a ~1/2 ton truck does “truck stuff”
The real "irony" is the amount of profit I'll make selling my "truck" to people who think the shiny car that can't tow worth a crap is a "truck". And yes - I'll use my ice truck for ~1.5k miles / year for a year or so until a real electric truck with range is commonplace. Then - I'll pay cash for it with my profits from an early shiny car buyer.
Or - Tesla actually differentiates out of the gates and sells me a truck (with 500 miles range).

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The real "irony" is the amount of profit I'll make selling my "truck" to people who think the shiny car that can't tow worth a crap is a "truck". And yes - I'll use my ice truck for ~1.5k miles / year for a year or so until a real electric truck with range is commonplace. Then - I'll pay cash for it with my profits from an early shiny car buyer.
Or - Tesla actually differentiates out of the gates and sells me a truck (with 500 miles range).
Pulling any material trailer, how far, how fast, you expecting to get w a “500” mi CyberTruck?

because if your answer is anywhere over 200mi at >65mph

Tesla Cybertruck Any 500mi range updates? 1695263864353

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pulling any material trailer, how far, how fast, you expecting to get w a “500” mi CyberTruck?

because if your answer is anywhere over 200mi at >65mph

1695263864353.gif
200 miles is perfect - same as an ice. 100 miles is a shiny car - not a truck.