Anyone Believe the Cybertruck will do well on Turo?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I don't know. I feel those who think its hideous will be very compelled to try it out. If anything just to confirm their bias. I believe their opinions might become changed in the experience though.
I'm planning on driving my CT over to visit my sister as soon as I get my CT. I'll give her a tour and even a ride if she is so inclined. She might like it once she gets a bit of experience. She tends to be pretty conservative in the looks department though so I'm not sure how she will react.

OP
OP
Roland Mills

Roland Mills

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Mazda 6, Honda Civic
Country flag
I hope your plan goes as planned. I'm not a. glutton, so I'll just order the 1 CT3 and be happy. Then, keep my investing rocking, ending up in a year or two with a lot of Tesla stock, and a brand new life. peace

Not a bad plan if you dont have the time to invest in a side business. For me though... With three Cybertrucks i can generate more income to purchase more Tesla stock with while benefitting from the tax benefits of buying a business purpose vehicle at that weight.

OP
OP
Roland Mills

Roland Mills

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would definitely consider it, especially as I would probably be among the only cybertruck owners in Honolulu initially and, thus, could probably command a pretty penny. But I need to do some more research into how the insurance factor works as well as some other things. I won't lie, I'd also be concerned about people treating the car roughly and being extremely reckless.

But if it could help pay off the truck quickly and supply income otherwise, it definitely would be something to consider. Note, I'd generally only rent it out on weekends or during holidays.

OOOO i would 100% rent your Cybertruck were i vacationing in Honolulu!

OP
OP
Roland Mills

Roland Mills

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The problem with Turo is your geographic location may not support the traffic you want. Someone looking for a car isn't going to be able to travel very far to get it. The people who seem to be making the most money with this service are the ones with many cheap reliable cars all out earning money at the same time.

Thats a valid point. I can't imagine this business model becoming super successful in more rural areas. I live in Southern California though and we Californians have spent much more for much less. ;)

OP
OP
Roland Mills

Roland Mills

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Listen to Aaron and talk with your insurer and maybe a lawyer.

CT in your name? A renter injures people who win a $10 mill. settlement against you. Turo says no problem, we cover your first $50k. Your insurer tells you to get your policy, turn to Exclusions, and read Par 26 in Clause 32 ....

Yikes... thats a very good warning. Thanks for the heads up!

OP
OP
Roland Mills

Roland Mills

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm planning on driving my CT over to visit my sister as soon as I get my CT. I'll give her a tour and even a ride if she is so inclined. She might like it once she gets a bit of experience. She tends to be pretty conservative in the looks department though so I'm not sure how she will react.

Oh its definitely going to grow on her!

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
My sister won't. Can't stand the look of the CT. She just went out and bought a Ford to tow her new camper. She might be willing to switch over to a Rivian next but she is very much against the CT right now.

I do think there is a strong market for CTs on Turo once the CT starts to become available. But the price will be somewhat similar to what the other Tesla's are going for. Most people on Turo are looking for a different experience and are willing to pay a premium for a Tesla. But there is going to be an upper limit. The first few CTs available might get $200 a day. But once they are more widely available the price will drop to more affordable levels because those with the means to pay $200 will also have the means to just buy one outright if its really the vehicle for them.

Just my thoughts though. I'm not an economist.
Agreed.