Anyone else have their FSD option now say $8k?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I found this for you. Parking lot summon ...
...Has been enabled and disabled multiple times, and Smart Summon is different than Summon, the previous feature.

I'm honestly not sure what you think you're proving here. They advertised a feature, released the feature?

-Crissa
Sponsored

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, M3P, MY, MS Plaid, i7, CT day 1 FS ordered
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
...Has been enabled and disabled multiple times, and Smart Summon is different than Summon, the previous feature.

I'm honestly not sure what you think you're proving here. They advertised a feature, released the feature?

-Crissa
What I've proven is that they have made false statements before so I wouldn't be surprised if they do so in the future. I've had FSD as long as I've had my Tesla and yes features come and go, however "summon: your parked car..." was not available prior to or during March of 2019. People purchasing FSD at this time were lied to about its current capabilities and they were not held liable.
You have written, "since they advertised it, and sell the product, they would be liable for it."

2LDR. Your legal advice is unsupported. And anything is possible.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Smart summon is not part of FSD. It is part of autopilot. If you don't buy FSD you still get smart summon is what I gathered from those screenshots. I don't know why people pretend that they don't know what they are buying with FSD. Does anyone really think they are buying a robot that can drive itself for 7k? I think everyone that gave Tesla money for FSD knew that they were buying into a Kickstarter for FSD and that it was still not ready.
If you paid a chauffeur at minimum wage it would cost you 40k for 1 year and he would only work 40 hrs per week. For 24/7 chauffeur it would cost you ~$162,000. At minimum wage. So having a car 24/7 that can self drive is worth about that amount.

Last edited:

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
To sum this whole conversation up:

1. Tesla is talking about PRICE with this, not FEATURES. Features can be here nor there, price with evidence of "locking in" in writing is binding. We're debating about apples vs oranges, here.

2. Tesla has been known to have pricing errors and glitches before, just like every other manufacturer. They honor these like they should.

3. There's no need to be all speculative and upset over something that you won't see for a year anyway. If you have proof of locking in FSD by a certain date, IF there is an issue, they will resolve it. They're not a shady dealer like the media paints them to be.

4. I don't know why anyone is modifying their reservation if it's not to add FSD. You can choose whichever configuration you want down the road, stop fiddling with single vs tri motor today. You can take care of that when the configurator opens next year.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tesla will ask you to update your reservation when they're ready, and at that time your original price will be locked in.

That's not for a year yet, so no worries. Just keep your original emails archived just in case they forget.

-Crissa
@Crissa is right. You are all right to be confused and angry but you made a reservation at a price point and unless Tesla backs out of making the CT you ordered it has to honor the reservation price or have a very damaging class action suit on its hands that would have much more far reaching impact on its reputation and survival as an EV manufacturer. No company would risk that.

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry 2018
Occupation
Janitorial and Cleaning Company
Country flag
I placed my order 2 mins after the revel and checked the FSD option for $7k at that time. I know there was an increase to $8k over the summer and then last week when walking a friend of mine through how to check to see if he had the FSD option selected before the $2k increase, I discovered in my reservation it shows the FSD as $8k.

Anyone else notice that on their reservation?

Update: I just checked again and clicked on edit my design. FSD is now $10k under my reservation......
Called about the same thing 7k went to 8k- They said do not go into the account and edit and save it would give you the new price. Time to talk to someone and get this straight

StainlessSsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck DM
Country flag
I have no doubt that Tesla will honor the $7k FSD to those who pre-ordered early. Why even give that option or even advertise the price of $7k if they weren't going to lock in the current price? If they are just gathering data on who is interested in purchasing FSD then there is no need to state the $7k price tag.

It is a brilliant move by Tesla in locking in the price for FSD. Think of the attachment rate of FSD when deliveries start to roll out for the CT. By the end of 2021 or early 2022 I anticipate FSD being at least a $12k option. Lets just say the first 100k CT reservation holders are given the option to purchase FSD for $7k instead of $12k, It is safe to assume of at least a 60% attachment rate which ends up to be $420 million of gross profit.

If Tesla does not honor the $7k FSD price and buyers have to pay $12k I can imagine attachment rates lower of around 20% and that makes for $240 million in gross profit.

I am not worried that Tesla will not honor the $7k FSD. I am sure it is only a glitch in the reservation pages. I was just wondering if it was only me or if other reservation holders were seeing the same thing.
I agree. Right next to the FSD box is says “Selecting Full Self-Driving today will secure your price as it increases in the future.” Don’t worry they should honor it.

Tesla Cybertruck Anyone else have their FSD option now say $8k? CE8B4D26-32DF-4C36-A638-25087D8F9729

~Jek~

First Name
Jekare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor CT reserved, LR AWD Model 3 on order, 2011 Smart Fortwo
Country flag
My Model 3 that was ordered right before the FSD increase shows up as $10,000 when I selected it at $8,000. Its just a website issue.

WaltH

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Ranger, 2020 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have no doubt that Tesla will honor the $7k FSD to those who pre-ordered early. Why even give that option or even advertise the price of $7k if they weren't going to lock in the current price? If they are just gathering data on who is interested in purchasing FSD then there is no need to state the $7k price tag.

It is a brilliant move by Tesla in locking in the price for FSD. Think of the attachment rate of FSD when deliveries start to roll out for the CT. By the end of 2021 or early 2022 I anticipate FSD being at least a $12k option. Lets just say the first 100k CT reservation holders are given the option to purchase FSD for $7k instead of $12k, It is safe to assume of at least a 60% attachment rate which ends up to be $420 million of gross profit.

If Tesla does not honor the $7k FSD price and buyers have to pay $12k I can imagine attachment rates lower of around 20% and that makes for $240 million in gross profit.

I am not worried that Tesla will not honor the $7k FSD. I am sure it is only a glitch in the reservation pages. I was just wondering if it was only me or if other reservation holders were seeing the same thing.
I agree with Cyber T. The company has done a few things that were not popular, but it seems to me that the "order page" we are looking at just picks up the current price for FSD. I don't think they are out to upset their customer base. When I ordered my Model Y everything was very generic, but once delivery was in the pipeline, they (Tesla) were very attentive and helpful.

Navy 9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Tesla should look at the date reserved and price should be honored based on that date. In the end, we'll just have to wait and see.

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y LR with tow package
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I placed my order 2 mins after the revel and checked the FSD option for $7k at that time. I know there was an increase to $8k over the summer and then last week when walking a friend of mine through how to check to see if he had the FSD option selected before the $2k increase, I discovered in my reservation it shows the FSD as $8k.

Anyone else notice that on their reservation?

Update: I just checked again and clicked on edit my design. FSD is now $10k under my reservation......
"Pre-Order Price, Taxes, and Official Fees. The pre-order price of the Vehicle will be confirmed in your Vehicle Configuration and Final Price Sheet. As you may have only configured part of your Vehicle, any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an estimate and is subject to change."
The above is copied and pasted directly from the Tesla docs from the reservation page so price changes are to be expected.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I agree with Cyber T. The company has done a few things that were not popular, but it seems to me that the "order page" we are looking at just picks up the current price for FSD. I don't think they are out to upset their customer base. When I ordered my Model Y everything was very generic, but once delivery was in the pipeline, they (Tesla) were very attentive and helpful.
Yeah the order page displays the CURRENT price.. once ordered your actual profile displays WHAT you have ordered/reserved. No price is actually listed on that page.
Sponsored