Anyone selling what your CT will replace?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I could go without a car, but do not want the interruption that would bring.

Can't carry lumber on a motorcycle in the mountains.

-Crissa
Similar boat. I'd love to just deal with a model Y for now, but the bed and work bins provide too much utility. I just have to deal with $4.35+ per gallon for diesel until I can properly upgrade.
Sponsored

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Expedition is at 150K+
So I think I shall keep it till it drops.
Its not in bad condition. Still runs great just dont think I would get much for it at this point.
You would probably be surprised. Go to Teslas trade in page and type in your VIN. They were willing to give me $5500 for my 2005 ford ranger with 130k on it.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I plan to play with my two old trucks. The Dakota is getting a V8 upgrade (similar MPG and better power), and the 71 F250 will get all the repairs done to make it attractive, it is almost as old as I am. Then, when I am done playing, I may sell them off to someone who cannot afford an electric. At least I will know they will be strong work vehicles for someone to use to improve their lives affordably.

OP
OP

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I could go without a car, but do not want the interruption that would bring.

Can't carry lumber on a motorcycle in the mountains.

-Crissa
Aw sure you can :) I took this pic when I lived in Shanghai
Tesla Cybertruck Anyone selling what your CT will replace? 4B71DEFA-A091-4D72-A767-024CF7CBF1F9

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Similar boat. I'd love to just deal with a model Y for now, but the bed and work bins provide too much utility. I just have to deal with $4.35+ per gallon for diesel until I can properly upgrade.
My consolation is that I am about to hit 100k miles on my Mazda 3, and it already has the CO2 impact of being built, so replacing it now would be less efficient.

^-^

Aw sure you can :) I took this pic when I lived in Shanghai
None of these are in mountains, let alone mine. Also, this lumber is smaller than I need,

-Crissa

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, i3, Zero DS, F-250, CT & Aptera res
Occupation
Oracle Database Developer
Country flag
I have a ā€˜96 F250 Powerstroke xcab long bed that I converted to run on straight vegetable oil, back when that was popular. Itā€™s not my main vehicle but I use it a lot so donā€™t want to get rid of it until I get the CT. I Might fix it up a little first - as is I get guys all the time asking if I want to sell it, young guys especially.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, i3, Zero DS, F-250, CT & Aptera res
Occupation
Oracle Database Developer
Country flag
None of these are in mountains, let alone mine. Also, this lumber is smaller than I need,

-Crissa
I agreeā€¦Iā€™ll ride my Zero DS to Home Depot for bolts or packages that will fit in the top case but I draw the line at 8 foot 2x4s. The Aptera I have reserved, howeverā€¦looks like I can stack 2x4s in that and skip taking the CT out.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I agreeā€¦Iā€™ll ride my Zero DS to Home Depot for bolts or packages that will fit in the top case but I draw the line at 8 foot 2x4s. The Aptera I have reserved, howeverā€¦looks like I can stack 2x4s in that and skip taking the CT out.
Yeah. The concrete, aggregate, and wall board is going to need the truck, tho. My car gets a teensy bit annoyed when I put a layer of bricks in the back.

-Crissa

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Recently sold my V60 for a Chevy Bolt. I get supplier discount, there was a $3k Costco rebate, and another $13k on the hood - so I walked out with a fully loaded '21 Premiere with literally every package for less than $25k. That was supposed to be what I traded in for the CT.

So now considering trading in the 2018 Pacifica Hybrid. There's a lot of kid-related function I'll lose by trading in the van, so I might just hold it (it's paid off, doesn't cost me but insurance) and have 3 cars for a while. Although if tri-motors come up first I might sell it to make up the difference between the dual and the tri.

morgantown

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Lacrosse, Chevy Silverado
Occupation
HR
Country flag
Giving 2009 Silverado with under 40k miles to family member when CT is parked in driveway. Thought of selling but decided against.