jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
It’s when chewing tobacco is consistently spit out the window and ends up a brown stripe down the whole side of the vehicle.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Likely similar to Sierra pinstripes. They can only be installed by the crafts-trees, buckbrush, and boulders along the forest roads or 4WD trails in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

nm... just read the comment by @jhogan2424 ... I'll take Sierra pinstripes any day myself.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
English is still a baffling language to me. I always thought of the word ”final” as a binary thing. Either something is Final or it is not. Nothing like optimism can ruin a language; “undergoing finalization”. It is simple people; it ain’t final until a fat lady or dude in this club is singing in his own CT. If you are not fat, don’t even bother posting the video, it does not count.
It's not the English language, some people just stupid up common phrases in a weird attempt to sound smart.

"Finishing" as in "Tesla's Cybertruck team is finishing the designs for the truck."

"Tesla engineers are putting some finishing touches on the Cybertruck's design" is also reasonable way of putting it.

"The Cybertruck is still undergoing many design finalizations" is passive voice and truly bad writing.

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
My glass is still full. I know this because a source close to my glass told me. I couldn’t see it myself.

So, I spilled out my glass and wala. I think the design thing could be the production line. I could not confirm this because the source close to my glass could not be reached for comment. Sadly, my glass is now empty; but still full of air. HOT AIR.

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Solar panels? Why would I want that when the e-cat is just around the corner
you’d want it to precondition the batteries for charging.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Off Topic (but it does not deserve it’s own thread):

I was trying to view today’s articles and events from the eyes of a time traveler that just got in a DeLorean in 2019 in a stormy night and traveled to 2021 so I read the reveal thread from Nov 2019. Here are some comments:

I was pretty sure it was a joke and that another truck, the real one was about to get out from the back... I still don't really believe it is true.

I’m stunned. And so.... disappointed. As a two Tesla family and life long truck owner, I’m just so disappointed. I can’t believe this is years in the making and another 3 years to get one. No thanks.

I kind of liked it. Now I know not to throw a steel ball at my Cybertruck window ;-)

I think the TSLA shorts are going to have a field day with this and I can see pre-orders for Rivian increasing.

Super unique, super cool. Order placed! Wife wants one too, instead of Model X!

My bet is that most that do not like it have not done serious off-roading.

So, so, so, so, disappointed.

Cybertruck actually makes the Pontiac Aztek look sexy.

I think that casting solution will only apply to the Model Y and similar.

146,000 reservations so far...

No flasher lights, no side mirror, how this super rigid exterior will react to impact when it is suppose to absorb them to protect occupants? And what about regulations about protecting pedestrians in case they get hurt?

_—————————————-

I wonder how many of those time travelers that were displeased would be shocked by reservation numbers today. And I wonder if they would let me borrow the Delorean and jump two years ahead and Bring you some production CT videos (hopefully two years will be enough)

The last comment brought back a concern I always had; look at that pointy edge in the back. If CT backs up into a wall, border or a tall hard object, lot of force concentrated in a small area will try to travel through a metal that does not want to deform. I wonder how extensive the damage will be compare to a more flimsy body (Considering the exoskeleton). Let’s say at 20 mph. More or less damage?

Tesla Cybertruck Article: Tesla’s Cybertruck delay may have been caused by design finalization 1628651993588

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I wonder how extensive the damage will be compare to a more flimsy body (Considering the exoskeleton). Let’s say at 20 mph. More or less damage?
Well definitely more damage to whatever gets hit!

I'd appreciate if you just used your time machine to bring me mine back.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Well definitely more damage to whatever gets hit!

I'd appreciate if you just used your time machine to bring me mine back.
If DeLorean could do it so will CT. You may be able to come back and leave your CT for present you.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The last comment brought back a concern I always had; look at that pointy edge in the back. If CT backs up into a wall, border or a tall hard object, lot of force concentrated in a small area will try to travel through a metal that does not want to deform. I wonder how extensive the damage will be compare to a more flimsy body (Considering the exoskeleton). Let’s say at 20 mph. More or less damage?

Design feature with intended use to split firewood while camping.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
Regarding the delay of the CT: Factory is not ready, 4680 factory is not ready, A little more engineering is needed for the 4680, and the design will never be finalized.
On-going changes and improvements or workarounds are the norm for Musk led companies.

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
If I were making a Kick Ass Truck, I would:
1. Show case a capable kick ass truck with limited spec just enough to get attention
2. Wait to see what competition has or doesn't have
3. Update my Kick Ass Truck as needed
4. Show case final version with an delivery event and distribute hand made units for 25 top ballers while still figuring out product Hell
5. 9 months later showcase a even bigger and better 6 motor version. Yes you heard it right, and first right here!! 2 would be used as rocket thrusters to better assist red light traffic, or even levitate over short canyons
Sponsored