Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Joe Rogan will be there I bet :censored:
Elon is just like most famous people - he plays favorites. I am just thankful that his cars, spaceships, satellites, etc. are great.
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I don't see a thread about this, so here goes...

Elon tweeted yesterday that they will hold an open-house "GigaFest" grand opening party at the Austin factory on Thursday April 7. No word on whether there will be invitations, tickets, a website to sign up, etc. At the Berlin Gigafactory event, there were 5,000 attendees allowed, but that had some Covid limitations....At any rate, it could be the "world's biggest BBQ"...I say that calls for ZZ Top to make an appearance, right in their home state (and their tour schedule is wide open)!!!! Discuss!!!
time for production permit announcement? please please please

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
5000 attendees? That's absurd. That won't even cover the employees! I say anyone who's there will be allowed. I might just have to be "in the area"...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
5000 attendees? That's absurd. That won't even cover the employees! I say anyone who's there will be allowed. I might just have to be "in the area"...
That was 5000 at a time, not total, And they had different times for employees and etc.

-Crissa

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
Dang it. I'm gonna be in Austin the week after.
I'm gonna have to give Elon a call and see if he'll postpone it a week. :)

Toonces

First Name
Meow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Country flag

Elon tweeted yesterday that they will hold an open-house "GigaFest" grand opening party at the Austin factory on Thursday April 7. No word on whether there will be invitations, tickets, a website to sign up, etc. At the Berlin Gigafactory event, there were 5,000 attendees allowed, but that had some Covid limitations....At any rate, it could be the "world's biggest BBQ"...I say that calls for ZZ Top to make an appearance, right in their home state (and their tour schedule is wide open)!!!! Discuss!!!
How about The Rolling Stones/Foo Fighters/AC-DC catering by Salt Lick BBQ?

keni

First Name
Keni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
oh! I wonder if this will coincide with the Starship launch? If it does I'll be in town too

OP
OP
RandyS

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
Elon says "Tesla owners in the greater Giga Texas Area will get priority"....

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
In some respects that makes sense but in some respects it doesn't. The people living in the GigaTexas area can come by for a tour any time, and have access to the great Texas BBQ any time. Those of us elsewhere in the country would/will have to make a special trip to Texas for either.

My vote would be to have the event over several days, with employees and locals on one day and out-of-towners on another day.

Anyway, if he really wants to have the largest party ever he should just open the damn thing to everyone. Here would be my priority list:

Day 1 (local employees and locals):
- those with active Model Y reservations
- those with active Cybertruck reservations
- others

Day 2 (out-of-towners):
- those with active Model Y reservations
- those with active Cybertruck reservations
- others

In all cases, no preference to youtubers or other 'vocal', famous, wealthy, or influential people

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’ll start swimming towards the Texas Giga factory gala BBQ today, February, 20th 2022 from Hawaii with my two dogs in tow. We’ll have a blast together. I can hardly wait to drive my preorder Cybertruck, already!

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag

While everyone is enjoying music and BBQ, I’m gonna steal the cybertruck for a few laps

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Elon says "Tesla owners in the greater Giga Texas Area will get priority"....
When my friends and I made our Cybertruck reservations there was no address location on Cybertruck reservation page. Most of us are in Mexico while others are in California or Texas. Some of us in Mexico are located closer to Austin than some Texans.

What assumption for address is Tesla making??

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
When my friends and I made our Cybertruck reservations there was no address location on Cybertruck reservation page. Most of us are in Mexico while others are in California or Texas. Some of us in Mexico are closer to Austin than some Texans.

What assumption for address is Tesla making??
That is true. I was trying to see if I could somehow force my upcoming Model Y delivery to be in Austin and created a new account. They do not ask for an address until you put in an order and then the SA can stipulate where you are going to pick it up, but you have to be close to delivery to have that discussion. Surely that will not be the metric for how he decides.
Sponsored