Beast better than AWD, change my mind

Demonvial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
Don’t know where you’re getting this info from. Rollouts are usually .2-.3 seconds max. The AWD with rollout would be 3.9 max. Your math is also wrong it would be 3.8 seconds if you’re subtracting .4

Regardless, there’s close to a 50% acceleration difference between the two trims.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maaz

First Name
Maaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, Model X Plaid, Cybertruck, Model Y
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I got the AWD because my other two vehicles are a Model S Plaid and a Model X Plaid. Not racing anyone in my truck.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Sorry, but it is not illogical. In fact, it is PERFECTLY logical! It is listed in the book of “Perfectly Logical Things” in chapter titled “Marketing”. Trust me, it’s in there.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I like your view on this. The “bigger picture” is that it’s not just a drag strip monster. It’s a MONSTER period. Makes a strong case for the premium actually
I don’t know if I’d call it a “monster”, I think it’s more of a BEAST! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jabman

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
I don’t know if I’d call it a “monster”, I think it’s more of a BEAST! :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha. True words. I can see your point about the rollout. Part of the reason I started this thread was to gather outside thought and temper my expectations for choosing one over the other. A 1sec difference shouldn’t justify the premium. I agree. So, I guess I’m left with, “is there any benefit of the beast over the AWD outside of the 0-60 that makes a case for me going with it over the more sensible AWD purchase”

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Hahaha. True words. I can see your point about the rollout. Part of the reason I started this thread was to gather outside thought and temper my expectations for choosing one over the other. A 1sec difference shouldn’t justify the premium. I agree. So, I guess I’m left with, “is there any benefit of the beast over the AWD outside of the 0-60 that makes a case for me going with it over the more sensible AWD purchase”
I’ve only ever driven one car that I thought had too much power. And that was because the car just wasn’t designed to handle it. Like I said, there are multiple benefits to the extra power, outside the stop light drag race, or everyone’s favorite excuse, the “freeway on-ramp” scenario. For me, there isn’t a question, I’m Team Beast all day. It’s an internal thing for everyone. Depends on your missions, and your desires. Hope we have been able to shed some light for you.

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
I got the AWD because my other two vehicles are a Model S Plaid and a Model X Plaid. Not racing anyone in my truck.
So you'll get into the truck and even under normal conditions it will feel so slow compared to your Plaids. No way I could do that, you'll be very disappointed that's for sure. 3.9-4.0 to 60 is SO SLOW. You'll get smoked by TRX And Raptor R's.

I can't even fathom being a Plaid owner (both models) and then talking myself into owning the slow version of the Cybertruck, that's even slower than a Model Y Performance. No way

Maaz

First Name
Maaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, Model X Plaid, Cybertruck, Model Y
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
So you'll get into the truck and even under normal conditions it will feel so slow compared to your Plaids. No way I could do that, you'll be very disappointed that's for sure. 3.9-4.0 to 60 is SO SLOW. You'll get smoked by TRX And Raptor R's.

I can't even fathom being a Plaid owner (both models) and then talking myself into owning the slow version of the Cybertruck, that's even slower than a Model Y Performance. No way
Nah, when I get into the X Plaid I almost never use the performance. I like a more relaxed drive for that kind of vehicle. S Plaid is where I have my fun. Only reason I got the X Plaid is because it was only a $3k difference from the long range when configuring a 6 seater. But everyone has different use cases. I have NO interest in a trucks 0-60. 4.1, 3.9 with roll out is plenty fine for me.

OP
OP
Jabman

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
Nah, when I get into the X Plaid I almost never use the performance. I like a more relaxed drive for that kind of vehicle. S Plaid is where I have my fun. Only reason I got the X Plaid is because it was only a $3k difference from the long range when configuring a 6 seater. But everyone has different use cases. I have NO interest in a trucks 0-60. 4.1, 3.9 with roll out is plenty fine for me.
My buddy has the X plaid and lives in northern NJ, which is basically a suburb of NYC. He also has an X5. Says the ability to overtake in the X makes a world of difference in daily commute to work. And he used to swear by BMW prowess when it comes to maneuverability. Food for thought I guess

Reactions: REM

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
From my limited understanding, a rollout for 0-60 is standard in North America and the true times are always including this rollout. A 911 turbo S is going to have the same rollout as the Cyberbeast, so that point becomes moot.
Yes but…

Tesla Cybertruck Beast better than AWD, change my mind IMG_8201

PerfectFlaw

Banned
Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Doesn't matter, an AWD will feel slow compared to everything else I own and drive, including my ICE truck (Ram TRX)

It's not even a small difference, it's a huge difference.

The difference in 0-60 time between an AWD and a Beast is the difference between overnight shipping and 3-5 business days.

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
Question, was the CB variant used in any range tests so far, or was it only on the AWD?
The “Range” for the AWD is closer
My buddy has the X plaid and lives in northern NJ, which is basically a suburb of NYC. He also has an X5. Says the ability to overtake in the X makes a world of difference in daily commute to work. And he used to swear by BMW prowess when it comes to maneuverability. Food for thought I guess
Totally agree…. I have a BMW 335d and I thought its torque was intoxicating, standing 1/4 in 12….then I tested a Tesla………. Needless to say I’m in this forum because the overall driving experience seems to be taken to another level.
Sponsored