Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
1. I didn't see the above.
2. I realized my mistake almost immediately but couldn't find my post fast enough to beat your inhumanly fast post.
3. Thanks for keeping me honest.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
1. I didn't see the above.
2. I realized my mistake almost immediately but couldn't find my post fast enough to beat your inhumanly fast post.
3. Thanks for keeping me honest.
no worries - you’re among the genuinely curious and rational

it’s “the other kind” to whom ascribe ill intent and dishonest discourse 🤣

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
What exactly is "entry" level suspension? Lower than low for loading?

Also, why does the mirror icon look like it goes up and down? I'm assuming that's just general mirror angle adjustments?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
What exactly is "entry" level suspension? Lower than low for loading?
it’s ingress/egress. Pretty standard for trucks with adaptive air to get lowest when in park.

Also, why does the mirror icon look like it goes up and down? I'm assuming that's just general mirror angle adjustments?

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
well, it *is* an emergency release if you’re locked in the (7cuft) Frunk

but it’s a powered button, that can also be used to lower the Frunk if standing at it (without having to reach down to the central bumper button)
Weird to have an emergency release button also function to close.

I'm notifying the NHTSA right now.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Why would an emergency release have closing functionality?
because it’s not solely an emergency release?

I didn’t get a chance to operate this button in an “emergency” - not that a guy my size could ever fit in this Frunk even if I wanted to

but I suspect it performs differently in following scenarios:

• truck is moving, probably doesn’t/can’t operate at all (one has to wait for truck to stop, and if activated truck becomes disabled from moving with hood open)

• truck is parked and hood closed, it operates to open (if truck is powered on, works electronically - and disables drive mode for reasons above)

• truck is parked and hood is up, it operates to close

if nothing else, emergence releases on Frunk hoods in electric vehicles cannot and should not operate similar to emergency releases in the trunks of ICE vehicles

in the lightning, for example, there were worries that the emergency release button (it is a button) being hit by cargo while driving would cause the hood to come up. I don’t remember any verified instances of this ever happening, but customers built 3D printed shields to prevent this. I don’t know that it’s even software-possible for this ‘risk’ to materialize in the Lightning.

comparing still to the lightning, if truck is parked and hood up and this button pushed, it disengages the hood motor, and the hood must be manually closed/reset.

the above scenario is the only distinction I know of between the lightning version and CT version. In lightning, this button doesn’t close the hood (but still works electronically to disengage the motors, etc.), but in CT it does.

Weird to have an emergency release button also function to close.
if you can engineer it, why *not* have it also function to close.

EV frunk hoods have different considerations than trunks, and are electronic in actuation : actions (eg disengaging the hood motor in the lightning).

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This photographer is not an amateur.

I am enjoying the robustness of the center console.
Does anyone know how wide the center console is? Given that it was once a seat width I was hoping it would still be very wide compared to the Model Y console.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
yuck. I do not like having to look at the main screen for side views and back views at all. One of the benefits of side and rear mirrors is that they are 'always on'. If that were the case on the main screen then main screen real estate is being used for non main screen things. Personally I liked the digital rearview mirror idea. Anyway, the one I saw yesterday still had something there.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I just want to put this here.

I was worried that Elon's edict "The mirrors can be removed easily" would mean that they would not be powered. These pictures are the first confirmation to me that they are, indeed, power fold. And, that makes me happy.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Dont forget the new update, where the carwash mode closes the cabin air pathway, so that your cabin air filter doesn't get stinky. By the way, if you've ever had to replace your cabin air filter due to that famous "elon Musk" , this is why..
I watched that video last week and liked it, but he said that cars with Biodefense Mode do not have the same intake and thus do not have that problem. The Cybertruck has Biodefense Mode.
Sponsored