charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
kona ev, bmw x5 diesel
Occupation
retired
Country flag
any thoughts on if the brake controller will begin to engage the trailer brakes only after the brake pedal is depressed or is it controlled by when the brake lights engage during regen mode?
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
"The" brake controller? Has Tesla indicated they will supply one? If they do it is anyone's guess as to how it works but I would think it would respond to the vehicle's longitudinal accellerometer.

lqdchkn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
any thoughts on if the brake controller will begin to engage the trailer brakes only after the brake pedal is depressed or is it controlled by when the brake lights engage during regen mode?
Im sure they'll work it out. I can't believe that no one on the CT project at Tesla has ever seriously towed anything ;)

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
If you want a brake controller in today's Teslas you go out and buy one and plug it into the provided harness - just as you would with any other vehicle (that has the harness). But Musk has promised goodies for trailering but I have no idea what they might be. I'm sure sway mitigation via rear wheel torque vectoring will be part of it and I assume a brake control signal via the accelerometer will also be included.
Sponsored