beastew

First Name
Stew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor, CYberbeast on order
Country flag
I've already waited 117 days since I put in my order. If I change to a gray interior will that add MORE time to my wait. I'm starting to lose my patience!
Sponsored

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 p90d
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is still my favorite wheel combo. A lot of people like this without the wheel covers I may get another set rims with the new street tires
and use the ones that are on my truck now for off-road. I wonder what the price would be for another set of rims and the new tires?

Tesla Cybertruck Breaking: Tactical Grey Interior + 20" Core Wheel Design and Aero Cover for Foundation Series Cybertruck IMG_7276

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD on order
Country flag
This is still my favorite wheel combo. A lot of people like this without the wheel covers I may get another set rims with the new street tires
and use the ones that are on my truck now for off-road. I wonder what the price would be for another set of rims and the new tires?

IMG_7276.jpeg
Tesla charges $1,250 for a Cyberwheel/tire/jack+tool combo

Cybertruck Spare Tire + Tool Kit (tesla.com)

So...$1,100?? But who knows with Tesla, haha!!

CyberJustice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
This is what new 25 inch wheel covers will look, looks like a futuristic spacesheship
Tesla Cybertruck Breaking: Tactical Grey Interior + 20" Core Wheel Design and Aero Cover for Foundation Series Cybertruck new wheels

TickTock

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3; 2018 Model S; 2023 F-150 LIghtning
Country flag
I'm wondering if the 25" covers will have issues with non-OEM tires. I know I can leave the covers off and it still looks pretty good but it would be nice if they worked for other tires.

FYI, I just looked and my estimated delivery date of Oct-Dec 2024 did not change when I selected the grey trim. So maybe it only affects delivery of up-coming orders.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I went over to my local showroom today and asked them about the new options and they told me that Tesla will reach out to me before a VIN is assigned to ask me which I want. I hope they do because I’d prefer the all-season tires for the range.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag

akenis

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MYLR and (Apr-Jun CT AWD)
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Is the original 25" wheel cover for a 25" wheel. And the new Core 20" Core cover for a 20" wheel?

Both tires are 35". So is the OG a thinner sidewall, with the 20" Core cover fitting a thicker sidewall?

Edit: according to https://shop.teslarati.com/blogs/te...la-cybertruck-wheel-tire-specifications-guide

They are the same tire size. So the wheels are the same? And only the hubcap is different?

For Model Y, I had to wait for the smaller stock wheels with thicker sidewall. All inventory had the upgraded, better looking, more expensive, harsher riding and range reducing bigger wheels.

For the truck, most reports say it's a smooth quiet ride on OG (Better than x). Don't see the need ATM to switch to an even smoother/quieter option. BTW.... when I wear out those AT tires, I can replace with AS tires and bump the range.

Speaking of Y. It was an added cost to go from stock smaller wheels to bigger wheels. And an added cost to go from black interior to white. Guessing the same will be true for the truck. So changing your order from White with big wheels to grey with smaller wheels is downgrading your order, with no rebate.

Last edited:

docowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I drive in the snow a lot on weekends in the winter so I am looking for a tire that is 3 Peak rated. Based on the posted photos it looks like the all season option are some version of the Scorpion ATR which is not 3 peak rated. I was planning on just having to buy new tires given we had only the AT optoin. Now decisions, decisions. Do I get the All Season and see if they are good enough (if not good enough then end up with two sets of All Season tires), or go with the AT and get another set of rims with 3 peak rated tires?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
They're clearly still getting sales for the stupidly expensive version that will lose $20k off the top of its value when the next edition comes out. Why stop until those orders dry up?

Until then, they got the grey parts in. It means we're close to the non-Foundation Series model.

-Crissa
Stupidity version? Im failing to understand why everybody keeps saying this. It comes with a lot of extras that people would end up having to buy a la carte anyhow.
[/QUOTE]
I have an appointment to set up power sharing next week. At first I thought ‘big deal, I have a generator’ but I am SUPER excited. I could run my whole house for days and hardly notice it. Do you know how much that would cost in power walls, etc.? No, not stupid. There are people out there that don’t appreciate the truck at this price and they are certainly entitled to their positions. I am happy.

CyGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Classic Bronco's, LX 570, Model Y, Model 3, Beast
Country flag
What are the White interior parts made of? I’ve been in a few trucks but don’t remember what they looked or felt like.

Would the Tactical Grey be the same material with the only difference being color?

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
This is what new 25 inch wheel covers will look, looks like a futuristic spacesheship
new wheels.jpg
They look ok but I much prefer the original ones. Oh well hopefully they ship them out to us sooner than later.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Stupidity version? Im failing to understand why everybody keeps saying this. It comes with a lot of extras that people would end up having to buy a la carte anyhow.
...I didn't say that. I said stupidly expensive. It doesn't matter if it comes with extra stuff, it's still stupidly expensive.

-Crissa

CyberVeteran

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Care
Country flag
I would love to trade my wheels. I wonder if the service center will have access to the new wheels any time soon. On a related note - has anybody that already has their truck gotten wheel covers from Tesla yet?
No not yet, nor have I received the new bed divider. The original bed divider only works in limited spots along the L-Track. I don't want to jerry rig it to work.
Sponsored