John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
But as I already pointed out, there's not a lot to say about the Cybertruck build quality because not a single production version has been manufactured yet.
Spin statement: There are zero complaints about CT production quality.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Skullbreaker

Skullbreaker

First Name
Sudhanshu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Advisor
Country flag
You absolutely DID bring up the build quality of the Mach-e and acted like it was the gold standard.
—— False I did not. I said Mach e is better than ICE. I did not drive Tesla so I cannot compare.

I brought specific facts to the table like that every Mach-e ever made had to be recalled for defective gluing of the roof or it could blow off.
—— False. Not all mach-e's were impacted. Only cars produced between certain time period (4 weeks to be precise had that issue. I know it because I gladly missed it by 2 weeks). Although Tesla started having roof falling first because obviously they were made before Mach-e. You see logic is something which I cherish. I was genuinely talking about ride quality because I heard that people do feel more sound of the road when they drive it vs Mach-e.

And the build quality of the software is sub-standard. These things are absolutely relevant if you're going to use the Mach-e as the go-to comparison for build quality.
—— False. I don’t know if it should be coming under build quality but again if you read my posts I say that it is not something I am looking at. Since I started this thread I have a right to tell you what my question was.

But as I already pointed out, there's not a lot to say about the Cybertruck build quality because not a single production version has been manufactured yet. So, if you just want to sow doubt about a product that we can't know about because it hasn't been built, then start a thread asking about Cybertruck build quality and if anyone strays from that narrow topic, just remind them this is a thread about the build quality of a product that is yet to built. Makes perfect sense. :ROFLMAO:
—— That just shows how immature you are. Thinking that I as a consumer/person will sow doubt about a trillion dollar product company is so stupid of you. I am a Tesla Shareholder & a future CT owner and I have the first freaking right to ask whatever I want.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5322

Here. Rank by the best car ever.

Number 1: TESLA

Number 2:

Number 3: Mustang Mach-e

Happy !!! ?
I don't agree with this rank.
I personally think Tesla is very poor inside. Someone might like this simplicity but not me. I like Audi (had A8, A6 for a while) and Mercedes (GL, S, C class) I owned. Therefore I do not buy Tesla. CT is different, it is just a truck with the price of model 3 (at the presentation moment). At the present moment of dealer mark-ups it is one of the cheapest trucks because we did not get officially price increase yet.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I personally think Tesla is very poor inside. Someone might like this simplicity but not me. I like Audi (had A8, A6 for a while) and Mercedes (GL, S, C class) I owned.
Opportunity for smart competition to compete. (Almost slapping them in the face)

Still, batteries number one, motors and efficiency number two and then Feature comforts.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When I bought my Model Y, the Mach E was just coming out and cost about $15,000 less than my Model Y with the tax rebate taken into account. I think the one at that price had about 90 miles less range than the Model Y, but for the price delta, I thought it sounded quite tempting.

Given the fact that I push my Model Ys range pretty hard on occasion, I’ve never really been disappointed with my choice, but if my driving was closer to major corridors, I think I’d have been plenty happy driving around in a car for $15,000 less.

Fast forward 10 months and Mach E range has increased and it would be a lot more tempting, though it is pretty hard to find at MSRP so that robs much of the value.

Anyhow… I long story short. Mustang is a good car for $10k less than the Model Y, closer the prices come to parity, the more I think the Tesla is the better deal. Hopefully you got a good price.

Deleted member 5322

Opportunity for smart competition to compete. (Almost slapping them in the face)

Still, batteries number one, motors and efficiency number two and then Feature comforts.
When I vote for comfort - I don't care about batteries and so on. That is why I don't buy EV yet. Once everything on its own place - I will take it but not now. And yes I do not care how much I pay for gas, anyway, it is much cheaper here than in the EU or Russia.
Regarding service cost - I can service my car for 10 years with the price difference between new EV and ICE if we compare the same class of vehicles.

OP
OP
Skullbreaker

Skullbreaker

First Name
Sudhanshu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Advisor
Country flag
When I bought my Model Y, the Mach E was just coming out and cost about $15,000 less than my Model Y with the tax rebate taken into account. I think the one at that price had about 90 miles less range than the Model Y, but for the price delta, I thought it sounded quite tempting.

Given the fact that I push my Model Ys range pretty hard on occasion, I’ve never really been disappointed with my choice, but if my driving was closer to major corridors, I think I’d have been plenty happy driving around in a car for $15,000 less.

Fast forward 10 months and Mach E range has increased and it would be a lot more tempting, though it is pretty hard to find at MSRP so that robs much of the value.

Anyhow… I long story short. Mustang is a good car for $10k less than the Model Y, closer the prices come to parity, the more I think the Tesla is the better deal. Hopefully you got a good price.
The battery pack in winters is surely an issue for Mach-e. I have an extended one and I get like 200 miles on a single charge although I think I should be getting 270.

I don’t know if Teslaits get similar drop like Mach-e does specially in winters.

Again it’s guess-o-meter and Mach-e’s try to be too conservative I heard. They only give like ~ 88KW actual vs 98 capacity to put a dent on it.

I was lucky I guess as my ford dealer was too good to be true. No mark up, professional, I guess he knew things on EV’s but a little less than me (which doesn’t say a lot)

I tried pushing my wife for Tesla but she just got floored looking at Mach-e. I reasoned everything but she won’t budge. Two weeks after Mach-e got delivered, I booked a CT bcz why not !!!!! ?

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The battery pack in winters is surely an issue for Mach-e. I have an extended one and I get like 200 miles on a single charge although I think I should be getting 270. I don’t know if Teslaits get similar drop like Mach-e does specially in winters. Again it’s guess-o-meter and Mach-e’s try to be too conservative I heard. They only give like 88KW actual vs 98 capacity too to put a dent on it
A big part of winter range is due to cabin heat. EVs don’t have a ton of excess heat the way ICE vehicles do so they need heaters. Most EVs - Mach E included - use a normal heater which uses a ton of power.

Tesla created a compact heat pump to heat and cool the cabin which is much more efficient. It also heats the battery pack in the winter as well. The heat pump *also* cools the cabin in the summer, it’s a very neat trick which is a range saver.

I think on a typical 70 degree day, the Mach E gets closer to its range estimate than Tesla, but as soon as hot and cold happens, the Tesla comes much closer to its estimated range.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I have a 2021 AWD Mustang Mach E with extended battery and I love how it drives. The build quality is excellent and the drive is great (Better than my ICE vehicle for sure).

I heard some bad reviews for MY and MS overall built and drive (not acceleration but regular drive and sounds coming out of them) on some YouTube channels. I have not driven a Tesla myself so I cannot actually compare them but since I have booked my CT, I am a bit concern on how its build quality will be.
This is what I'm talking about. You say your Mach-e has "excellent" build quality then you play dumb and say, "I heard some bad reviews for MY and MS overall built and drive (not acceleration but regular drive and sounds coming out of them) on some YouTube channels" and "...booked my CT, I am a bit concern on how its build quality will be."

OK, got it! Your worried about poor build quality for a truck that hasn't even entered production. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Skullbreaker

Skullbreaker

First Name
Sudhanshu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Advisor
Country flag
A big part of winter range is due to cabin heat. EVs don’t have a ton of excess heat the way ICE vehicles do so they need heaters. Most EVs - Mach E included - use a normal heater which uses a ton of power.

Tesla created a compact heat pump to heat and cool the cabin which is much more efficient. It also heats the battery pack in the winter as well. The heat pump *also* cools the cabin in the summer, it’s a very neat trick which is a range saver.

I think on a typical 70 degree day, the Mach E gets closer to its range estimate than Tesla, but as soon as hot and cold happens, the Tesla comes much closer to its estimated range.
Ya, I think that could be it.

I have a question here, why didn’t Mach-e or other EV’s just copied or better Tesla since patents were open.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ya, I think that could be it.

I have a question here, why didn’t Mach-e or other EV’s just copied or better Tesla since patents were open.
Because having a rough plan for a thing and being able to source 50,000 of them are completely different things. You can’t buy a trunk sized heat pump, it takes millions of dollars to engineer one and build a production line for it. Sourcing a compact heater or AC unit is simple and cheap but inefficient.

Tesla is making parts which will be used on millions of vehicles so the engineering, and manufacturing of that part is spread over those millions of cars. Ford is only just getting started with EVs. They will do a lot of these things, it just takes time and money. Considering how important efficiency is, I’m sure everyone will use heat pumps in 3-5 years. Just nobody else is making EVs in enough volume yet to be able to scale solutions.

OP
OP
Skullbreaker

Skullbreaker

First Name
Sudhanshu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Advisor
Country flag
This is what I'm talking about. You say your Mach-e has "excellent" build quality then you play dumb and say, "I heard some bad reviews for MY and MS overall built and drive (not acceleration but regular drive and sounds coming out of them) on some YouTube channels" and "...booked my CT, I am a bit concern on how its build quality will be."

OK, got it! Your worried about poor build quality for a truck that hasn't even entered production. :rolleyes:
You - Win
I - Lose
Sponsored