Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Tesla has first right of refusal..get them.to put it in writing that they refuse to buy back the truck at .25 cents a mile depreciation and when trefuse too do that, then you have every right to sell it to the open market at the going price that the market will bear.

Could be a win win for you. Not only make a profit, but pay back your tax and delivery fees..

Rick

Platinumsmith

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Just curious? Would any other car manufacturer let you return a new car simply because it didn’t work out for you? Promise I’m not being snarky, I’m just genuinely curious.
I bought a Ford F-150 in the mid eighties, took it back a few days later because a house I wanted to buy became available.

kpanda17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3RWD, Tesla Model MYP
Country flag
imagine Spring 2022 to Summer 2023 all over again, model y price noise dive by Tesla, but now the CT?
imagine 2025/26 CT AWD for $65K, it could happen

Crimson_Fate

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The no-resell policy appears to be more a hype builderthen something I think they will enforce. . That being said, I don't see much chance of Tesla actually buying it back. They will likely let you sell it but it may take them months to actually tell you that. Tesla has started several programs that allow people to jump the line and take delivery in just a few weeks. the referal credits and the stock ownership programs is basically their form advertising to get the CT into the hads on people who are likely Tesla superfans.

If you have already contacted them by email and phone and are not getting a response then have your lawyer (or you) send them a certified letter and state your request again giving them a few weeks for a reply. You just need to show that you have gone through the motions to protect yourself.

malinecentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD
The no-resell policy appears to be more a hype builderthen something I think they will enforce. . That being said, I don't see much chance of Tesla actually buying it back. They will likely let you sell it but it may take them months to actually tell you that. Tesla has started several programs that allow people to jump the line and take delivery in just a few weeks. the referal credits and the stock ownership programs is basically their form advertising to get the CT into the hads on people who are likely Tesla superfans.

If you have already contacted them by email and phone and are not getting a response then have your lawyer (or you) send them a certified letter and state your request again giving them a few weeks for a reply. You just need to show that you have gone through the motions to protect yourself.
Tesla can’t and won’t buy it back. Yes they are going for high dollars on the open market. What are they going to do, sell it for more than they are selling new vehicles for? If OP wants out of the vehicle he should just sell it and make 50k and just go buy a new Tesla. They may blackball him but he could either buy used or in someone else’s name.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Used cybertrucks are selling for as low as 130k now. The guy is going to maybe break even, likely loose money after paying taxes etc if he sells his truck for 130k, next week they will likely be down to 110-120 if the trend continues.
Sponsored