O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone know if the Camp Kitchen is gonna be offered as an option? I checked out the RIvian R1T Camp Kitchen and it's pretty good. I hope the Cybertruck will offer similar options. I will buy it pretty much AT ANY PRICE.

-Tesla4KShares (Tri-Motor with FSD pre-ordered)
that is really nice....modular and removable....very good ability to just like home, except your camping.....hope we get something similar to that in the CT's
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
How ar should going to put the golf clubs in if the oven fills the tunnel?

OP
OP
Tesla4KShares

Tesla4KShares

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, Y LR, CT
Occupation
FI but not Retired
Country flag
I like the ā€œKeep-It-Simpleā€œ and ā€Modularā€ approach
Keeping it simple and allowing us to get to space in the front or in the back. Thatā€˜s all I need. Going with universal standard hookups, etc. The Rivian pass-through tunnel approach is a great example. I can tell their designers have probably got lots of experience in designing camping gear. Modularity is the key. You want camp kitchen, we have a module for that. You want storage, take one, two or all modules out. I wish Tesla will learn from Rivian on that. The current CT camp kitchen got me confused. How am I suppose to access the vault bed when the camp kitchen is in use? Put everything back and then climb in?

Alright. Iā€˜m done whining. Carry on. :)

OP
OP
Tesla4KShares

Tesla4KShares

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, Y LR, CT
Occupation
FI but not Retired
Country flag
How ar should going to put the golf clubs in if the oven fills the tunnel?
Itā€˜s modular and removable. You can take the oven out and put the golf clubs in. Watch until the end to see how they remove the modules one by one.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Fail in my book. When deployed, it looks as if the rear door on that side cannot be accessed. Well, in that configuration, it might make most sense to put the fridge in the rear seat. Not sure if that system can be put on that "T" rail backwards, to possibly allow use of the rear door. No clue. Fail, and if they didn't show all it can do, double fail. peace

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Fail in my book. When deployed, it looks as if the rear door on that side cannot be accessed. Well, in that configuration, it might make most sense to put the fridge in the rear seat. Not sure if that system can be put on that "T" rail backwards, to possibly allow use of the rear door. No clue. Fail, and if they didn't show all it can do, double fail. peace
That picture and setup was to create fantasy and possibilities, refinement is needed. Either way, Iā€˜m not the demographic.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
It's pretty cool, but I think I'd rather just have more interior or bed volume and bring the cooking equipment separately. Couldn't a CT stove just attach using the rail system (not sure what it's called...) and then slide down to the tailgate when in use? Seems more flexible and usable IMO.

OP
OP
Tesla4KShares

Tesla4KShares

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, Y LR, CT
Occupation
FI but not Retired
Country flag
It's pretty cool, but I think I'd rather just have more interior or bed volume and bring the cooking equipment separately. Couldn't a CT stove just attach using the rail system (not sure what it's called...) and then slide down to the tailgate when in use? Seems more flexible and usable IMO.
I agree having the camp kitchen on the back (tailgate area) is great because that allows us to open it up when we rear-park into a parking space. However, I hope the Tesla team will figure out a way for us to get on the vault bed while the kitchen is in use. Looking at the CT CGI, there's no ladder or any other way to get into the bed once the kitchen is in use... I hope you can visualize the problem I am describing...?

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I agree having the camp kitchen on the back (tailgate area) is great because that allows us to open it up when we rear-park into a parking space. However, I hope the Tesla team will figure out a way for us to get on the vault bed while the kitchen is in use. Looking at the CT CGI, there's no ladder or any other way to get into the bed once the kitchen is in use... I hope you can visualize the problem I am describing...?
Yeah I get it. I'm not sure if I like their kitchen accessories, need to see more details.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
These are definintely glamping accessories. I would take something like the Cybertruck stove with me if I was taking my wife on a romatic weekend away where I also want to cook for her. But of course it'll also depend on the reviews to see how comfortable the mattress is. We've gone camping before in my current truck and all we did was toss tons of pillows and blankets into the bed. It was a great way to sleep under the stars.

If the camping package doesn't offer enough comfort, than I would just put a induction cooktop in the underbed storage, all of our ingredients could be prepped at home to reduce the need for a counter, and we can just bring more food that doesn't need to be cooked kept in a frunk filled with ice or a cooler.

The majority of my camping even after I buy a Cybertruck will be in a tent on the ground. My wife an I go on two backpacking trips every summer where we hike 50km over the weekend. It's a great hike through nature and everytime we set up camp at a lake, we've never had to share it with anyone.

Vrakpant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover 109, Ford Transit Custom
Country flag

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
You can find them pretty much anywhere these days. We already have a couple, including one with two induction zones. My wife is asian and most asian families have a hot plate of some kind to make hot pot.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I agree that the CT kitchen and camping setup could be much better than it is. I think the RV art was just thrown together for the demonstration, but not much time had been invested into it. Rivian solution is better designed, but replaces the CT vault cover area which is critical for aero and range.

Tesla Cybertruck Camp Kitchen (Option?) 1624788490785

The easiest setup for cooking would be to have some lightweight tables that could be mounted to the tailgate, interior or CT sides and could be used as a worksurface, dining table, and a place to put inductions hobs and plug them in nearby. Same goes for an electric grill etc, really the customer can choose what to plugin from any type of household appliance. No gas is great. Cooking inside is always a bit of a problem for ventilation purposes, outside cooking requires some wind protection, and depending on climate some sort of overhead cover.

The second part is water, for that I'd like to see some quick connects for cold/warm water (derived from the HVAC through an aftermarket heat exchanger). The tank location might have to be in the under bed box, or some other nook that can be found. Drainage is another problem if you have a optional sink, but a removable collapsible sink works well on one of the tables so long you can get to a hose connector nearby. If you want to have a drainable sink, plumbing it to a undercounter container works too. This can be used inside or outside of the vehicle. When stowed inside, this could "look" fixed like in a normal RV, but would remain moveable.

The third part is refrigeration and storage. I'm still hopeful to see a large frunk. If it is large (a few 100l) then it would make sense to have it divided into two compartments. Hopefully which the smaller one would be refrigerated by the HVAC and could be used as a fridge. If not a custom box with a compressor fridge that fits in the frunk would also suffice. But it's not entirely practical to have the fridge so far away from the internal cooking option, or the rear setup as shown in the CT RV picture. So maybe a wing cooler box would be better? Or some sort of fridge in the bed drawers? A large refrigerated glovebox drawer?

The fourth part is accommodation. The problem with having any boxes/drawers in the bed to sleep on results in a bed that is less than 6ft when the tailgate is closed, because the higher the mattress is the less long the bed becomes because of the rake of the front bed wall. If you want more than 6ft you either have to leave the mattress on the floor and can't have boxes in the bed, or you have to put the mattress on top of the bed front wall. This means that you will need a frame to support the mattress at that height.

This leads to the popup camper roof itself. In the CT photo it looks like the lower part of the assembly is constructed out of rigid panels (it has no creases or bulges) whilst the top is some tent material. The other thing is that this whole assembly goes past the front bed wall, all the way up to the roof apex. I'm assuming there will be some sort of attachment points along the entire roof line up until the top. Probably also used for a rack system. the point is that this "tent" is either only a rough draft of what it will be, or if accurate you will have to assemble the whole thing from a bag of sticks like an old fashioned tent, because there is no chance any of that stuff will easily fold into the bed of the truck so you can drive away. Camp setup/packup times, at least in my view, are an absolute pain as they detract from experiencing why you went camping in the first place.

The other part of accommodation is for bad weather, and you have to retreat into the vehicle and sit somewhere. The CT RV doesn't look particularly weather proof. This leads me to believe it is just a draft. You can of course go into the front cab, watch and play games on the screen etc, but without access to the kitchen internally it becomes a bit plain. Seeing the midgate is likely a non-starter without a major redesign of the bed front wall, having some seating in the rear would probably not be a bad thing to have.

All this depends on how many people are travelling in the CT for a camping trip. You might have 6 seats, but accommodating them on the vehicle itself will be difficult. You could probably do 4 adults and 2 adults and 3 kids, but that's about it I think.

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I agree that the CT kitchen and camping setup could be much better than it is. I think the RV art was just thrown together for the demonstration, but not much time had been invested into it. Rivian solution is better designed, but replaces the CT vault cover area which is critical for aero and range.

1624788490785.png

The easiest setup for cooking would be to have some lightweight tables that could be mounted to the tailgate, interior or CT sides and could be used as a worksurface, dining table, and a place to put inductions hobs and plug them in nearby. Same goes for an electric grill etc, really the customer can choose what to plugin from any type of household appliance. No gas is great. Cooking inside is always a bit of a problem for ventilation purposes, outside cooking requires some wind protection, and depending on climate some sort of overhead cover.

The second part is water, for that I'd like to see some quick connects for cold/warm water (derived from the HVAC through an aftermarket heat exchanger). The tank location might have to be in the under bed box, or some other nook that can be found. Drainage is another problem if you have a optional sink, but a removable collapsible sink works well on one of the tables so long you can get to a hose connector nearby. If you want to have a drainable sink, plumbing it to a undercounter container works too. This can be used inside or outside of the vehicle. When stowed inside, this could "look" fixed like in a normal RV, but would remain moveable.

The third part is refrigeration and storage. I'm still hopeful to see a large frunk. If it is large (a few 100l) then it would make sense to have it divided into two compartments. Hopefully which the smaller one would be refrigerated by the HVAC and could be used as a fridge. If not a custom box with a compressor fridge that fits in the frunk would also suffice. But it's not entirely practical to have the fridge so far away from the internal cooking option, or the rear setup as shown in the CT RV picture. So maybe a wing cooler box would be better? Or some sort of fridge in the bed drawers? A large refrigerated glovebox drawer?

The fourth part is accommodation. The problem with having any boxes/drawers in the bed to sleep on results in a bed that is less than 6ft when the tailgate is closed, because the higher the mattress is the less long the bed becomes because of the rake of the front bed wall. If you want more than 6ft you either have to leave the mattress on the floor and can't have boxes in the bed, or you have to put the mattress on top of the bed front wall. This means that you will need a frame to support the mattress at that height.

This leads to the popup camper roof itself. In the CT photo it looks like the lower part of the assembly is constructed out of rigid panels (it has no creases or bulges) whilst the top is some tent material. The other thing is that this whole assembly goes past the front bed wall, all the way up to the roof apex. I'm assuming there will be some sort of attachment points along the entire roof line up until the top. Probably also used for a rack system. the point is that this "tent" is either only a rough draft of what it will be, or if accurate you will have to assemble the whole thing from a bag of sticks like an old fashioned tent, because there is no chance any of that stuff will easily fold into the bed of the truck so you can drive away. Camp setup/packup times, at least in my view, are an absolute pain as they detract from experiencing why you went camping in the first place.

The other part of accommodation is for bad weather, and you have to retreat into the vehicle and sit somewhere. The CT RV doesn't look particularly weather proof. This leads me to believe it is just a draft. You can of course go into the front cab, watch and play games on the screen etc, but without access to the kitchen internally it becomes a bit plain. Seeing the midgate is likely a non-starter without a major redesign of the bed front wall, having some seating in the rear would probably not be a bad thing to have.

All this depends on how many people are travelling in the CT for a camping trip. You might have 6 seats, but accommodating them on the vehicle itself will be difficult. You could probably do 4 adults and 2 adults and 3 kids, but that's about it I think.
Sponsored