Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Wrangler
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
I ordered within 1 minute of the order page going live. Was supposedly ~3,000th in line according to the tracker. I received my email to order on December 19th and ordered immediately. I have not heard any updates since.

Apparently, they are delivering to CA and TX residents first. I live in Maine and my Tesla store is Boston.
Sponsored

gakio12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Are there any other day one reservation holders that reserved on the night of the unveiling that still have not received an invitation to order a foundation series cybertruck? All my friends in Denver (4 total) and one in Minnesota have received them, but Iā€™m still waiting. The #ā€™s are all over the place, so it seems to be a random lottery among day one reservation holders, right?
RN11274, placed after Elon said the link is live, still no invite to order. Live in Idaho and know of people here with higher numbers that were able to order. Also, my Cybertruck reservation only shows in the website, it isnā€™t in the app anywhere.

OP
OP

ikelley

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
RN11274, placed after Elon said the link is live, still no invite to order. Live in Idaho and know of people here with higher numbers that were able to order. Also, my Cybertruck reservation only shows on the website, it isnā€™t in the app anywhere.
Bummer, we are in the same boat. From the data I gathered from the order list here, I'm confident that invitations are just a lottery among day-one reservation holders. if there were about 125,000 day one reservation holders (some of which had 2 or more orders), and each traunch of invitations has about 10,000 (this week was the 7th traunch), I think they will get to every day one res holder by February. Hopefully, then they will stop selling these silly foundation series and move on the the normal version!

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
I don't see why Tesla doesn't want AWD Foundation Series CyberTruck buyers to take advantage of the tax credit. All they would have to do is declare that the FS "badging" costs <$10, that the tires and wheels are included in the base price, and give buyers all the other "premium options" without "installing" them (i.e. put them in a bag in the frunk/vault) because then the MSRP+ installed options would be below $80k.

So much of the $20k Foundation Series add ons are either software (not "installed"), hardware that is installed on your house, not your truck, or is so easily installed by the buyer that it makes no sense for Tesla to install it, thereby putting the installed option price over $80k.

This would be so easy to justify. And if they need to charge more for the tires and wheels later, they could increase the price in the future without jeopardizing the credit for their loyal customers. If we could convince Elon this is a way to "Stick it to Biden" maybe he'd do it out of spite? šŸ¤”
Most people who can afford a $100k truck are over the income limits to claim that tax credit so itā€™s irrelevant to them

Musselmanc

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
LANL
Country flag
Are there any other day one reservation holders that reserved on the night of the unveiling that still have not received an invitation to order a foundation series cybertruck? All my friends in Denver (4 total) and one in Minnesota have received them, but Iā€™m still waiting. The #ā€™s are all over the place, so it seems to be a random lottery among day one reservation holders, right?
Did you order FSD with your original reservation? I had a few reservations from the unveiling, #250 w/o FSD and 6,000 w/ FSDā€¦ my #6000 was selected for the foundation order over #250.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Most people who can afford a $100k truck are over the income limits to claim that tax credit so itā€™s irrelevant to them
Not me! Sure "most people who can afford $100k..." include every billionaire and multi-millionaire on the planet, but there's a LOT of prudent blue-collar workers like myself who can afford an $80k vehicle but chafe at the thought that a ~$1000 wheel option ends up costing me an extra $7500.

Tesla is so close to the bubble on the AWD (if you believe that FSD is worth $12k šŸ™„) because wheels/tires are the only installed option that puts FS AWD over the MSRP limit. Slap a set of steelies and Costco tires on it and I'd order my truck today!

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
Not me! Sure "most people who can afford $100k..." include every billionaire and multi-millionaire on the planet, but there's a LOT of prudent blue-collar workers like myself who can afford an $80k vehicle but chafe at the thought that a ~$1000 wheel option ends up costing me an extra $7500.

Tesla is so close to the bubble on the AWD (if you believe that FSD is worth $12k šŸ™„) because wheels/tires are the only installed option that puts FS AWD over the MSRP limit. Slap a set of steelies and Costco tires on it and I'd order my truck today!
I'm not talking about millionaires. The income limit is $150,000 for single filers. Most single people earning less than $150,000/year can't afford payments on a Foundation Series AWD which is $100k + taxes, especially at today's interest rates. Let's say that your down payment covers the taxes and other misc expenses. If you finance $100k over 72 months at 6.75% (good credit) your car payment is $1,700/mo. After income taxes, mortgage/rent, insurance (which I'm sure is quite expensive on this truck!), etc it's hard to be able to afford that much truck. Not saying that nobody can do it, just that a majority of people can't.

Sleipnir

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AEV Prospector XL
Country flag
RN 112745XXX and have heard nothing from Tesla and there's no change on my account as of this posting.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Hello, I am a 1st day 1st min reservation holder 112745198 , I also line in TX near the Austin Plant, and have heard nothing from Tesla. Not very fair since I have seen a majority of the people receiving the CT with reservation #s much higher than mine.
Dude that sucks. Still nothing??

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Dude that sucks. Still nothing??
Still nothing, Everyday i check and nothing. Don't understand how they are picking. Seen on u tube that one of the groups placed an order for FS. 50,000 on the list. and I am under 1000. this sucks

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model x p100d, Chevy Volt
Country flag
Still nothing, Everyday i check and nothing. Don't understand how they are picking. Seen on u tube that one of the groups placed an order for FS. 50,000 on the list. and I am under 1000. this sucks
Me too! I check 5 times per day. I ordered the first second the order page went live. I live in Fremont, own a Tesla, stock etc etc. I am also X premium(thought there might be a correlation) still nothing!! Corrected for being in Fremont I should be in the top 50 lowest reservations.. zero love.

Tesla Cybertruck Day one reservation holders? IMG_6779

OP
OP

ikelley

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Did you order FSD with your original reservation? I had a few reservations from the unveiling, #250 w/o FSD and 6,000 w/ FSDā€¦ my #6000 was selected for the foundation order over #250.

I also reserved with FSD. Looking through the stats on the orders tracker on this website, itā€™s clear that the invitations to order are just a random lottery among day one reservations. šŸ˜’

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
11274 and in Texas, but no invite yet.

Has anybody called Tesla at the number on the Manage Order page and asked about this? I'd call, but I tire of calls to Tesla in general since even when you get information, you often can't count on it.
I'm getting the feeling that they are actually limiting the number per state, if an effort to spread them out. I know that there is a Fremont very low reservation number still waiting.

People have called Tesla about it and the answer is the exact same as if you had ordered any other vehicle from them. Just wait, good things will come.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I don't see why Tesla doesn't want AWD Foundation Series CyberTruck buyers to take advantage of the tax credit. All they would have to do is declare that the FS "badging" costs <$10, that the tires and wheels are included in the base price, and give buyers all the other "premium options" without "installing" them (i.e. put them in a bag in the frunk/vault) because then the MSRP+ installed options would be below $80k.

So much of the $20k Foundation Series add ons are either software (not "installed"), hardware that is installed on your house, not your truck, or is so easily installed by the buyer that it makes no sense for Tesla to install it, thereby putting the installed option price over $80k.

This would be so easy to justify. And if they need to charge more for the tires and wheels later, they could increase the price in the future without jeopardizing the credit for their loyal customers. If we could convince Elon this is a way to "Stick it to Biden" maybe he'd do it out of spite? šŸ¤”
If you ordered, look at your order agreement. There's two line items.
Sponsored