CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I prefer the metric system because it's incredibly simple. with the metric system, one milliliter of water takes up one cubic centimeter, which weighs one gram, and needs one calorie of energy to heat by one degree celcius. water freezes at 0 degrees and boils at 100 degrees.

With the imperial system, I need a calculator to solve what is plain as day in the metric system

An American friend once told me that an easy way to remember how many feet were in a mile was five tomatoes...because it sounds like 5-2-8-0...and that's when I knew I would rather measure in Bananas than feet and miles.
Sponsored

Mabrrr2

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Honda, cybertruck
Country flag
I use the metric system for work on a daily basis. It makes sense. Honestly, I wish the US would switch to it. I was just throwing it in for fun.

OP
OP
madquadbiker

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"Here's your Big Mac and Fries, Sir."

"OK, let me just unbuckle my seat belt, shuffle over here, Ok, great, now back to the middle with this tasty burger, buckle up again, ahh. All set."

No thanks.
How about one of these clipped to the dashboard, would be world standard and would suit left or righthand drive. ?

Tesla Cybertruck Central Driving Position B9E6B468-8B94-4BB4-A2B3-09886B3AB7D8

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hope this topic hasn’t been covered before, in all likelihood the CT will be using cameras instead of mirrors, Honda have shown it is possible and legal to do so here in the U.K. with the launch of there Honda E model which uses cameras only, so maybe there’s an opportunity to position the driver in the middle seat, no need for left and righthand drive versions of the truck, this would also make it easier and cheaper to produce.
For purely selfish reasons and the fact that right hand CT’s are going to be as rare as hens teeth having it designed this way maybe I and the rest of the orders from countries that drive on the right won’t be at the back of the queue.
Imagine that... A car with the driver in the center! Other than size the same CT can be sold worldwide!

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I think that would be cool to have the driver's seat in the middle. It seems really cool and functional for other vehicles like the Tesla Semi, McLaren F1, and the McLaren Speedtail.

OP
OP
madquadbiker

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think that would be cool to have the driver's seat in the middle. It seems really cool and functional for other vehicles like the Tesla Semi, McLaren F1, and the McLaren Speedtail.
I would be cool to collect it from the factory after a tour and spend a month or two touring around the US before arranging shipping to the U.K. Love driving over there as you are so car friendly and have great ideas like turning right on a red if it’s clear, I think that’s right as it’s been over ten years since I sold our holidayhome in Florida. unfortunately this country is now anti car.

Rowdyyates

First Name
Denis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Some airplanes have a center-mounted yoke that swings left or right. that would be fairly simple but easier to have a detachable steering wheel and stem to insert on the other side if needed.
Not sure I see the advantage of center driving position. Dropdown brake and accelerator peddles easy too.

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Center seat in a semi looks cool, won’t work in a car.
Cyber moose makes a very valid point. If seated on the left, driving on the right, when it comes time to pass on a two lane road, you hug the centerline to see around the vehicle in front of you. If you are seated in the center, you will need to violate the center line and cross several feet before you can see around the vehicle in front of you. Trust me, this won’t work, it’s not based on traditional thinking, it’s based on geometry. Realize not just drive up windows, bank tellers, and toll plazas are designed for left seated drivers. Talk to a rural mail carrier that drives from the right seat with a left hand wheel. They’ll attest to how hard it is to see around preceding traffic.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Hope this topic hasn’t been covered before, in all likelihood the CT will be using cameras instead of mirrors, Honda have shown it is possible and legal to do so here in the U.K. with the launch of there Honda E model which uses cameras only, so maybe there’s an opportunity to position the driver in the middle seat, no need for left and righthand drive versions of the truck, this would also make it easier and cheaper to produce.
For purely selfish reasons and the fact that right hand CT’s are going to be as rare as hens teeth having it designed this way maybe I and the rest of the orders from countries that drive on the right won’t be at the back of the queue.
I see you're from Weston Super Mare. Brings back memories, like riding on a horse-drawn wagon on the beach. (Was in 1939, waiting for evacuation.)

If the CT's steering is "fly by wire" as rumor (sorry, rumour) has it, it would be rather simple to locate the driving position in any of the three positions. But I've never seen a three-seater with the wheel in the middle (though the odd exception may be coming). The reason is based on a few technical considerations and especially on consumer acceptance, that is, it would be too far from what we're accustomed to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
madquadbiker

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see you're from Weston Super Mare. Brings back memories, like riding on a horse-drawn wagon on the beach. (Was in 1939, waiting for evacuation.)

If the CT's steering is "fly by wire" as rumor (sorry, rumour) has it, it would be rather simple to locate the driving position in any of the three positions. But I've never seen a three-seater with the wheel in the middle (though the odd exception may be coming). The reason is based on a few technical considerations and especially on consumer acceptance, that is, it would be too far from what we're accustomed to.
But we’re you lucky to see the tide in, not many people get to see that.