ChatGPT exposes hidden wipers at the TOP of windshield?

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
My guess is some prompted it to write that, since we dont have the entire line of questioning ( i assume)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
A moment of silence for the BAW. Long live the unibrow.
Are these people real? It sounds like informercial snippets rather than information. It also sounds like the electromagnetic design that was teased a couple years ago, but with the storage at the top. It would be great to hear/see more, and of course to hear it from Tesla, but it is a great discussion opener.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Are these people real? It sounds like informercial snippets rather than information. It also sounds like the electromagnetic design that was teased a couple years ago, but with the storage at the top. It would be great to hear/see more, and of course to hear it from Tesla, but it is a great discussion opener.
No, it's not real. It's text written by a new and somewhat unethically sourced AI.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
No, it's not real. It's text written by a new and somewhat unethically sourced AI.

-Crissa
I misspoke. I knew it was a chat bot but some chat bots use content that is publicly available and some are privately created. This does seem to be the latter though anyone can build a chat bot to say whatever they want. I was interested in the source of the content; real or fantasy. From everything ‘we’ have seen or heard this is fantasy.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Chat bots don't know real from fantasy, no.

-Crissa
Of course not, and most people would not program their bots to handle questions like: "what is the source of this information" (though I would, but my specialty once was NLP/NLU). Maybe this is just a student project with made-up content, but I have been thinking about this and it is a realistic (if not real) implementation of the electromagnetic wiper. We were thinking that having a rail on the bottom of the windshield would not fit in with Elon's trying to keep the hood/windshield interface clean, but having a rail at the top and an embedded magnet at the bottom 'could' work. The wiper would have to fold down and fold back up after use but it could be done with a much smaller footprint than the BAW. Also, the wiper fluid would be easier to dispense using gravity from above. All this makes me want to know the source of the chat bot information (real or made up) even more.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I went to the site and created an account so that I could ask it questions on my own. They say that any data after 2021 is probably not up to date as this is an experimental platform. I asked about the source of its training data (for CT) and it was unable to answer the question (not surprising) but did say that the training data consists of a "wide variety of texts from the internet, including articles, books, and websites". It is curated by OpenAI. I found, in one of its answers, that it thinks the CT "has a unique, triangular-shaped windshield that is composed of three separate panels". Other remarks make it clear that they are not talking about layers but pieces. I suspect that it should have said layers. Anyway, at best the data available to the bot is a year out of date...If wishes were fishes....

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Of course not, and most people would not program their bots to handle questions like: "what is the source of this information"
Then they're not good programmers and the AI will go off the rails unpredictably when applied.

It's one of the red flags. But the training process is computationally cheaper when you skip that step.

(Using training data from workers earning less than minimum wage is another.)

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
How does it know that? Why does it say that?

*sigh*

-Crissa
Frankly, it’s information isn’t much less reliable than some of the ideas I’ve seen on this site. For all I know, some members here could be chat bots. ChatGPT does use grammar better than I do so maybe I’m the chat bot. And 100% of what I know about the CT has been gleaned from the internet (or a single quick stop by a Tesla show room). So realistically ChatGPT might just have a different opinion than I do but the information quality might be even better than what I put out.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
ChatGPT is machine learning platform that generates text.

It doesn’t even mine the internet for data, it’s been fed information from some sources and uses that to transform it’s knowledge base into structured text on the fly.

They are not very clear on what the exact sources of their database is, but I seriously doubt they have any inside information on the Cybertruck. ChatGPT is known to “lie” a fair amount since it’s knowledge is based on incomplete sources.

It can’t even search the internet actively, it has some data which was plugged into it’s stores.
Sponsored