cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The FUD crowd keeps crying about how you can't side load anything into the bed but it seems to me that only maybe the last foot near the back of the cab would be higher than normal, not even counting the ability of the truck to squat. I'd like some real numbers to hit them with.
You’re not going to hit them.

Just because it’s perceived as a ‘bad’ fact doesn’t make it FUD

In lowest setting, the CT’s sail angle matches the bed height of a Lightning/F150 about 1/3 of the way forward from the tailgate. From there forward it rises to much higher than an F150 bed side.

(in high setting, the CT sail/tailgate is ~same height as Lightning tailgate, with CT sail going upwards from there)

source: me comparing the two trucks side-by-side (see my PFP)

Basically, even in CT’s lowest setting, nobody’s reaching much of anything in the CT’s forward 2/3rds if bed - and certainly not lifting it out if it has any weight to it

Ah thanks, from one of the original "leaked" stats sheets
No, these are Tesla’s data- all of which is herehttps://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/cybertruck-specs-comparison-vs-r1t-lightning-and-other-pickups.10025/

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
You’re not going to hit them.

Just because it’s perceived as a ‘bad’ fact doesn’t make it FUD

In lowest setting, the CT’s sail angle matches the bed height of a Lightning/F150 about 1/3 of the way forward from the tailgate. From there forward it rises to much higher than an F150 bed side.

(in high setting, the CT sail/tailgate is ~same height as Lightning tailgate, with CT sail going upwards from there)

source: me comparing the two trucks side-by-side (see my PFP)
Was the Ford also running 35 inch tires?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Was the Ford also running 35 inch tires?
I'm sleepy from holidays, but unsure of the relevance?

Because if the question is, can a stock CT bed be reached into as well as a stock F150 bed, the answer is still 'no.'

To say nothing of the fact that the F150 is ALSO not on adaptive air suspension to be able to lower the bed rail, regardless if it's only on 32" tires.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Taller tires = taller bed height. Same truck running 30 inch tires will have a lower bed height than running 44 inch tires.
that certainly is how measurements work!

And the conclusion it seems to suggest, is that where we’re talking about the question of how easily the CT bed will be side loaded/unloaded, folks saying “but the CT can squat” should be noting that it a stock CT*has* to squat ~3” before mere tire heights are equivalent to a stock F150

if that’s what you mean

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
You don't have to run 35 inch tires on the CT, just like you don't have to run 32 inch tires on the Ford.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Its not just lifting things out of the bed from the side that the side sails are going to block.

Anybody with a pickup knows that unless you secure it, cargo tends to slide to the front because of the angle and braking decelerations. Often in a conventional truck, you can reach from the side and at least slide things to the back to the tailgate. In the CyberTruck, you will always need to climb into the back of the truck to retrieve your stuff. (Pro tip - keep a boat hook pole in your cargo bed for retrieving things).

The other issue is when loading and securing larger items that need to be strapped down. For example, say you load a piece of furniture into the bed. Like a chest of drawers. And you want to strap it tight up against the cab. Once again, you are climbing up into the truck bed of the Cybertruck. Might be a tight squeeze to reach between the item and the sides.

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Anybody with a pickup knows that unless you secure it, cargo tends to slide to the front because of the angle and braking decelerations. Often in a conventional truck, you can reach from the side and at least slide things to the back to the tailgate. In the CyberTruck, you will always need to climb into the back of the truck to retrieve your stuff. (Pro tip - keep a boat hook pole in your cargo bed for retrieving things).
Having worked with trucks that had caps for years where side access was never an option I can say the boat hook is very useful but other items can also work well, brooms, shovels, rakes, etc., and adjustable cargo dividers can keep objects from sliding around, useful in any truck. My current truck has a bed cover and I use the cargo divider to keep from having to fold back the bed cover. It works as a hook to retrieve items from the front of the bed if it's not in use to prevent them from migrating in that direction.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
With the seat up you have 57.2" length and 27" width. You could buy this on Amazon for $53.99 shipped to your door to sleep/camp on for a single person. At that size, it could be deployed and kept on the floor when you go on a camping trip or a multi-day adventure across the state or US.

Tesla Cybertruck Check out the rear legroom, storage space w/ back seats folded up, and huge glass roof 1705610863922

DeadSetElectric

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I’m gonna put my spare tire in that rear seat area with the seats up on long road trips. Will need to figure out a strap or something so it doesn’t move around.