Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Adding a Plaid model to the mix!

With the debut of the all electric glass roof Silverado pickup debut on January 5th, 2022, I predict the CT production reveal will occur after that.
Sponsored

NKSplitter

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
Mine too. Still reflects Tri and FSD
From my account just now:

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 4.22.59 PM.png
I'm in the category of having a reservation confirmation email that shows I reserved with full self driving; but on my Tesla account Full Self-Driving no longer shows. That said, I placed my reservation on 9/21/2021 and I think most of the people that are saying Full Self-Driving still appears on their account reserved significantly earlier than that.

I'm wondering if there was a cut-off date or reservation # that was selected as a deadline by which someone needed to reserve to have the originally listed pricing honored and if everyone no longer seeing it on their account are in greater jeopardy of a price increase.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
My only question is can we transfer our rare owned FSD to a world of FSD renters, if we sell our Cybertruck?
Legally, yes. If it's in the price, and not just a bonus, it has to be attached to the value of the car for resale.

Honestly I don't understand the legal argument, but Tesla has lost or settled out no contest to this being stuck to the car rather than the owner.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm wondering if there was a cut-off date or reservation # that was selected as a deadline by which someone needed to reserve to have the originally listed pricing honored and if everyone no longer seeing it on their account are in greater jeopardy of a price increase.
No terms were changed, so it's more likely just an eff up on account management or migration.

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Adding a Plaid model to the mix!

With the debut of the all electric glass roof Silverado pickup debut on January 5th, 2022, I predict the CT production reveal will occur after that.
Seriously, you missed the reveal Nov,2019. It was a mind-blowing launch. Tesla rolled out a full-size Cybertruck on stage. Then had multiple prototypes after the reveal for test rides. No dummy prototypes, no half-types but full blown Cybertrucks.

A production reveal isn’t necessary, at all. A million pre-order reservations will take a Cybertruck. No stinking doorhandle-less production trucks is gonna stop’em. Couple inches off here and there is no deal killer. Throwing Chevrolet-style RWS on the drivelines doesn’t faze reservation holders. Elon could even ship Cynertrucks without structural battery packs to no revolt. The greatest sin producing CT’s with no dynamic air suspension would still sell like hot cakes.

The only pre-production reveal missing are the shortlist of Factory Options buyers can add onto their Cybertruck order. Solar has been acknowledged already, 3M wrap, V2G, dual charge Semi ports, Color(matte black), etc… All option can be revealed online.

Personal opinion? Elon has more than just versions and options for you to choose. Wait and see…we must.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
My R1T reservation is extremely tempting but I plan on holding out for my reserved Cybertruck. I just hope my upcoming R1T test drive doesn’t push me over to the other side! If I went through with my Rivian reservation I would be kicking myself once I see a CT driving around on public streets.

The 3mm thick SS wedge is simply too unique with amazing specs. It will be unlike any other pickup truck on the road. The best part? Buyers get the practicality of a pickup truck with the performance of a sports car. I find the styling is absolutely brilliant. Tesla placed function over form. It makes conventional pickup trucks look so old school.

Tesla Cybertruck Configurations and Pricing Removed From Cybertruck Website! 167BEF49-2806-4ACE-A9C0-AE6399F5B63A

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think it's time to move on and get the Rivian truck, a real truck that is being produced!! Cybertruck has been a publicity stunt!! I have 2 on order, will cancel both.
They’ve made fewer than 50 R1Ts.

I don’t think what they’re doing currently would be traditionally called “production”.

No terms were changed, so it's more likely just an eff up on account management or migration.
Most likely they just slapped a new front end on the same database. No data migration, just a different/ more limited way of viewing the same data.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
It says 'up to 500' because that's inclusive of all the other models. You can't say 'up to 500+' because that's meaningless. 'Up to 500' means one configuration gets at least 500.

-Crissa
Umm, what? Since when does "Up to x" mean at least x? A cheetah can run up to 60 mph...not at least 60mph. We can spend up to $x on a home purchase, despite popular and ignorant opinion does not mean we can spent at least $x. (Ignorant opinion not eluding to anyone here, just what I've seen happen for the last 20 years watching young people buy homes).

I'm not going to speculate what the changing website means, but there is a difference between stating "up to 500" vs "500+".

I don't really care anymore about any of this. I'm tired of no news being the news.
Waiting on final specs, to include EPA specs, warranty info, pricing, and insurance costs.

Looking forward to next summer when we'll actually know something and can stop making something of nothing.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm not going to speculate what th changing website means, but there is a difference between stating "up to 500" vs "500+".
I think you are splitting hairs awfully fine here.

They say “Up to 500” because they are describing multiple models, some which have less than 500 miles range.

They are still committing to at least one truck with a 500 mile range.

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
yep....remember when we ordered, they had not included the sideways drive for parking and off-road, solar panels, camping options.....big increase there.....it may cause some CT3 orders to drop to CT2.....not sure, but I think Tesla is gearing up to release new specs, options, and possible pricing......I have CT3 with FSD for $69k.....not sure I will stay there if all the extra items increases truck another 15-20k.......its been almost 2 yrs and we dont have any ideas on what we will get, except a stainless steel truck.....no door handles......they are still in engineering phase also, so wait ahead
My biggest hope actually is that they will offer the 250mile range truck with dual motors. That would be the one I would get. It leaves them making less batteries to, which we all know is the supply constraint. Probably could even make this truck with the LFP batteries, which I would love even more!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Probably could even make this truck with the LFP batteries, which I would love even more!
They are still committing to at least one truck with a 500 mile rang
Is Build-to-Order(BTO) wanted?

Select Range 250,400,500
Select Battery LFP,NMC,
Select 18650,2170,4680
Select AWD
Add Tri-motor

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightng Lariat ER, 2014 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hmmmmm!! I just checked my Cybertruck reservation page and they have removed the "FSD" from my configuration. It was there last week when I looked.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Hmmmmm!! I just checked my Cybertruck reservation page and they have removed the "FSD" from my configuration. It was there last week when I looked.
Mine is still there..
Tesla Cybertruck Configurations and Pricing Removed From Cybertruck Website! 1634561169551