Convince me to get the Cyberbeast...

Hello4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ton
Country flag
Yeah - I just have to question whether or not this kind of differential translates to a truck the way it does to a model S. I think Tesla is missing something major here. Less range for a fast truck? Might work for the first 10k idiots...
Agree. I looked at a MS Plaid especially with the huge price drop, but honestly I’m looking at the safety components of the CT as it will be my daily driver where I’m with my family majority of the time. The Dual is probably the better value for most folks.

But like Ricky Bobby said “I wanna go fast” is leading me towards the beast. This type of speed in a truck excites me.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
But like Ricky Bobby said “I wanna go fast” is leading me towards the beast. This type of speed in a truck excites me.
I don’t fault anyone for YOLO’ing this

But two pieces of unsolicited advice from your mother:

(1) 4sec 0-60 in a truck is still stupid fast

(2)a 6,900lb truck with Tesla hydraulic brakes reminds me of the Ricky Bobby corollary: “…so long as I can get slow fast”

Here’s the other thing to consider: can the Cyberbeast do it’s purported 2.5 sec 0-60 on the Goodyears, or do you have to be running the Pirelli?

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
Convince me
The Tri-motor made some sense with a 500 mile range, but now the Tri-motor Beast, with a shorter range than the Dual-motor, looks senseless to me. I can't convince myself, so I surely can't convice you.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
The only three good reasons to buy the Beast:
1. To blow past the coal rollers when they try and get past you.
2. You need the feeling of some extra mass in your pants. Its just physics. Everything loose in your pants feels more massive when you are pulling over 1G of forward acceleration.
3. You want to feel like Elon pissing away money. Its not $44 Billion, but the feeling relative to your net worth could come close.

Cenakaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
You can go 0-60mph in a Cyber Beast quick than a hummer EV being dropped off a cliff

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
It's the same conversation I had with my Plus 4. Who after the live show plopped down $250. on the Beast. I told him the dual is a better value and no need for the 3 motor. But he thinks bigger is better. I'm sure the insurance rates will be much bigger too.

I was a dual motor from 4 years ago and If I were to buy today, It still would be a dual motor. Problem for me is the bed is too small for my needs as a contractor. Drop the 4 door and give me 2 doors with an 8' bed.

Plus 4, are you listening.

Rick

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
1. To blow past the coal rollers when they try and get past you.
This only thing I’d change here is this:
1. To blow past the coal rollers faster than you could in a Dual-Motor when they try and get past you.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Don't get Tax Credit, giving up my 3.1s 0-60 M3P, want top of the line, etc. so CyberBeast it is! Hopefully there's some differentiation besides the 0-60 and TQ Vectoring....Really want the range extender but given I tow and also put dirt bikes in the back so it would need to be user removable for it to make sense and guessing it's not! Any event, waited 4 years, getting the one I want!

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You can go 0-60mph in a Cyber Beast quick than a hummer EV being dropped off a cliff
Also quicker than this being dropped off a cliff
"

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Also quicker than this being dropped off a cliff
"
Not true. Top fuel dragsters hit like 4G's. Explaining how is a good engineering interview question.
Sponsored