dorylee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD, LR Defender 90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I love my Teslas and I can't wait for my CT but something I have learned about Tesla is that once they have your money, the friendliness ends. They got what they wanted. Terrible customer service even though you are buying premium prices cars.
I'm glad I'm not the only feeling the same way. The service guy I spoke with yesterday fully did not care. I was in a situation where I almost got stranded in my new car because of a quality issue so at least act like you about the situation. No other car companies or dealers can't get away with this type of service attitude. Period.
Sponsored

CyberRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 FS CT AWD, 2019 M3, 2018 M3, 2015 MS 70D
Country flag
I have had to flip the breaker on the my home charger once to get the truck to charge. Would not charge my M3 either. It's possible the truck left the charger in an inconsistent state after unplugging from the previous charge. I've never had to do this before in the past 5 years. Feels like a software issue.

OP
OP
dorylee

dorylee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have had to flip the breaker on the my home charger once to get the truck to charge. Would not charge my M3 either. It's possible the truck left the charger in an inconsistent state after unplugging from the previous charge. I've never had to do this before in the past 5 years. Feels like a software issue.
that's what I thought initially, but I tried 4 different level 2 chargers at different locations (work and home), all gave me the same error. I also tried a soft reboot. No luck. Service had no clue either.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
that's what I thought initially, but I tried 4 different level 2 chargers at different locations (work and home), all gave me the same error. I also tried a soft reboot. No luck. Service had no clue either.
Was going to suggest the "try a different outlet" just to remove variables but if you are using different chargers and locations that covers that.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
My 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro hybrid reservation is looking very tempting at this point. They should be hitting dealer lots in the next few months.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Just a thought for troubleshooting... do the bed outlets work at all? The AC charge system is bidirectional in CT, and I think the input and output are linked through the same components. If the whole AC system is not working, the bed outlets also may not work. If it's a smaller problem, the bed outlets will probably still work.

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'm glad I'm not the only feeling the same way. The service guy I spoke with yesterday fully did not care. I was in a situation where I almost got stranded in my new car because of a quality issue so at least act like you about the situation. No other car companies or dealers can't get away with this type of service attitude. Period.
Yep! And now brace yourself to get ripped by all the fanboys who think Tesla can do no wrong.

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
Fortunately every Tesla Service Center I’ve had to visit acted like they cared.. but I’m starting to hear more and more of the opposite.

OP
OP
dorylee

dorylee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just a thought for troubleshooting... do the bed outlets work at all? The AC charge system is bidirectional in CT, and I think the input and output are linked through the same components. If the whole AC system is not working, the bed outlets also may not work. If it's a smaller problem, the bed outlets will probably still work.
Actually, I just tried - all AC ports don’t work anymore (funny because I’ve never tried them until now). They won’t be activated and displayed an error on screen. Something seriously wrong with the AC system of the car.

OP
OP
dorylee

dorylee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes, we'll get to hear about more dead trucks because their owners are more motivated to post.

And I'm surprised service center said anything; there's lots of things to go wrong in the AC system, it's basically a very large breadbox that AC goes in or out one end, and DC comes in or out the other.

Does your onboard power work?

-Crissa
Hey Crissa,

no, they threw a fault. I had to use portable battery when camping this weekend and got laughed at hard by friends since the AC works perfectly on their gas powered truck lol

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Actually, I just tried - all AC ports don’t work anymore (funny because I’ve never tried them until now). They won’t be activated and displayed an error on screen. Something seriously wrong with the AC system of the car.
That was a good troubleshooting step then. You should ping your service center and let them know that you tried that.

I'm sure they will sort you out by swapping out the AC module. Sucks that you have to deal with it but they'll fix it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Hey Crissa,

no, they threw a fault. I had to use portable battery when camping this weekend and got laughed at hard by friends since the AC works perfectly on their gas powered truck lol
Well, that's literally the same system. Which is why I suggested you test it... Wednesday.

-Crissa

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Hey Crissa,

The stumbles with the release of the Cybertruck are not helping the EV community or movement. Trucks breaking down on the side of the road or being unable to charge is making Tesla even more of a meme. All new vehicles have issues but the number of Chevys and Toyotas that are breaking right out of the factory is so much smaller that it makes the CT look bad, hopefully Tesla can get their hands around these major issues, no one cares about panel gaps

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The stumbles with the release of the Cybertruck are not helping the EV community or movement. Trucks breaking down on the side of the road or being unable to charge is making Tesla even more of a meme. All new vehicles have issues but the number of Chevys and Toyotas that are breaking right out of the factory is so much smaller that it makes the CT look bad, hopefully Tesla can get their hands around these major issues, no one cares about panel gaps
*Citation not included.

-Crissa
Sponsored