Curious whether FSD cost for reservation holders was locked in at the time of reservation?

m_jorge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-ordered Cybertruck 3-motor
Occupation
Research
Country flag
I'm just curious whether those who have already received their trucks paid full price ($12K) for full self driving, or whether they paid the price they were quoted when they made their reservation. For myself, the main reason I made a reservation when I did was to lock in the price for FSD at $7K before it rose any higher.

I'm not planning to pay $12K for FSD, but might pay for it for a month if I'm planning a long road trip.
Sponsored

Amuma

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
These are all foundation series trucks that come with fsd standard. There is a 20k charge for foundation series trucks but it comes with more than just fsd. With v12 being so amazing and promising that I can see Tesla upping the charge for fsd since they were charging 12k for v11 and v12 is exponentially better than v11. Best to lock in that lifetime price now if you plan on keeping the truck.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I'm just curious whether those who have already received their trucks paid full price ($12K) for full self driving, or whether they paid the price they were quoted when they made their reservation. For myself, the main reason I made a reservation when I did was to lock in the price for FSD at $7K before it rose any higher.

I'm not planning to pay $12K for FSD, but might pay for it for a month if I'm planning a long road trip.
The FSD was "baked into the cake" on the Foundation Series
AKA if you had a reservation at $7k and went foundation you got it free or charged depending how you look at the $20k markup
Also FSD is not available in the CT yet, but that is a whole other thing.
Sponsored