Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I'm sorry, rr, I can't follow what you're saying.

-Crissa
Chevy uses threaded rivets that crush against sheet metal rather than screwing-in fasteners. see below
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck C0135A35-2C65-4DAA-9ED7-09FD1AF35781

They fail when loose, stripped-in-place or the bolt strips or beaks off. It is better than screwing diectly into sheet metal.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 8884EA4A-A3B8-4D10-9B8E-17241B8FEB44

Typical failure seen on stainless steel to stainless steel connections that solely rely on s.s. fasteners. Not fun and the damage usually extends beyond the fastener failure. So it’s a high maintenance solution s.s. fasteners are.
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 5488CB43-94A5-4EA8-A84B-B5C982EA5CE0

Not perfect, nor exactly a solution better than screwing. It points toward flush mounted engagement that accepts multiple function attachments. An internal pawl engagent, as employed by climbing ball nuts enables tension fasteners to achieve secure engagement.
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 422D8C96-1031-4778-A7B8-1AFA55F41622

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I want to submit this design... I don't know if you've seen it. Look past the horrible solid rendering and imagine it as a tent with hoop airbeams. And it isn't scaled right.

conestoga camp.JPG
i would be afraid of being attacked by Indians thinking a was part of a wagon train..?

go99s

First Name
Go99s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Seems like a pop up camper attachment stored inside the vault makes the most sense. Then, aerodynamics would not be altered during drive, as well as more space in the actual camping attachment for the camping experience.
I have designed exactly what you have described but it seems that CTOC forums have grown so large that there are now too many places to post content. I had tried humor to differentiate my submissions but, my thread in Camping & Overlanding / Teslabots on Vacation
(https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/teslabots-on-vacation.4401/)
sadly drew very little attention. This has been fully modeled so other views can easily be generated.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck Reckon_they're_friendly.JPG

go99s

First Name
Go99s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Last edited:

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I bet Lancer will be on it as soon as they get the dimensions for production model Cybertruck.

I fact I'm willing to provide them mine, assuming I am ahead of the queue.

I am even willing to be their marketing ambassador using my Cybertruck-Lance Trump Camper combo -- for a fee and deep discount on the camper.:rolleyes:

Garthhog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I haven't read this whole thread, but I too am interested in a Cybertuck overlander rig. My idea would be a hydraulic/pneumatic bedrack on which you could install an existing overland tent such as those from Overland Vehicle Systems (I like the Nomad 4). When traveling you could lower the tent via the pneumatic bed rack to maintain at least most of the existing aerodynamic profile (I wouldn't want to lower it all the way into the bed so as to maintain some storage options under the tent). I envision the bed rack pneumatic system being independent on all 4 corners so that you could level it via a 3 axis accelerometer leveling sensor, though this could be accomplished with the truck suspension if it has an air ride system.

Morristhecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Been tinkering around with this rough sketch concept. High back so that the truck can back all the way into a supercharger spot unimpeded, or can have a bike &/or spare tire mounted to the hitch. Should be pretty roomy inside. I'm imagining a kitchen in the back overhang area, access through passenger back side, sleeping double or queen above cab, room for bathroom and seating in the middle. It's a work in progress...
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 1651885711031

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 1651885755410

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Been tinkering around with this rough sketch concept. High back so that the truck can back all the way into a supercharger spot unimpeded, or can have a bike &/or spare tire mounted to the hitch. Should be pretty roomy inside. I'm imagining a kitchen in the back overhang area, access through passenger back side, sleeping double or queen above cab, room for bathroom and seating in the middle. It's a work in progress...
1651885711031.png

1651885755410.png
You're going to have a huge loss of range with that weird flat nose.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Morristhecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
You're going to have a huge loss of range with that weird flat nose.

-Crissa
Of course, that's why i'm 3d modelling it now. Trying to come up with something aerodynamic. Currently runnin this through a virtual wind tunnel software, will take those results and tweek until loss of range vs interior space is balanced out. I'm thinking if I buy a 500 km range truck, and I can get it 300 to 350 km with the camper, that'll do.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Why not a typical Lance truck camper simply redesigned to accept the sloping bed of the Cybertruck?

Lance is coming up with a 650 to be able to be carried by F150 Lightning.

Morristhecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Why not a typical Lance truck camper simply redesigned to accept the sloping bed of the Cybertruck?

Lance is coming up with a 650 to be able to be carried by F150 Lightning.
The Lightening payload capacity is 2000lbs vs 3500 for the cybertruck, so I suspect a more appointed cybertruck specific model will eventually become available. So yeah, somebody will probably make one, but until they they do, and pricing is released, this is a fun exersise that may turn out to be worth it.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
The Lightening payload capacity is 2000lbs vs 3500 for the cybertruck, so I suspect a more appointed cybertruck specific model will eventually become available. So yeah, somebody will probably make one, but until they they do, and pricing is released, this is a fun exersise that may turn out to be worth it.
Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying these exercises..