Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Who's sleeping on sloped rails?

-Crissa
Guess they are thinking it will be like the rack mounted tents common on many Jeeps and trucks, where the 'floor' of the tent is the rack.

The floor of this will be the bed of the CyberTruck... though, if tall enough, I could see even having a bed storage system, like Decked (sp?) and sleep on that, to give even more storage, assuming it does not block access to the power, air, and other features...

Maybe even some cool 'hidden' or 'smuggler's' compartment that when you pull out the drawers, you can still get to the underbed storage? Right, probably not.
Sponsored

Morristhecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Any1 happen to have a precise cad model of the CT?
@Newton , Did you happen to find a good CAD file? I'm still looking for a good one to start drafting up my camper design on top of. All the ones I have downloaded from grabcad.com have a tapered bed for the tonneau cover, which is totally wrong since it the tonneau is on rails that obviously must be parallel. Even Tesla's truck website shows parallel rails.... Just need a good base....
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 1609626266499

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 1609626376474

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
hey Morris... no luck.

I think nobody has a real one, as the measurements are mostly all guesstimated

Morristhecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Thanks @Newton,

Well, we do know the bed is 6.5ft (1981.2mm) long and 57inches (1447.8mm) wide, and the rail angle can be fairly accurately estimated from the side profile. It is just the bed height that is unknown (at least to me). I'll start with a ratio of width to height of the tailgate and go from there.... Maybe in a week or so I'll have some sort of rough outline drafted up fairly accurately....

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks @Newton,

Well, we do know the bed is 6.5ft (1981.2mm) long and 57inches (1447.8mm) wide, and the rail angle can be fairly accurately estimated from the side profile. It is just the bed height that is unknown (at least to me). I'll start with a ratio of width to height of the tailgate and go from there.... Maybe in a week or so I'll have some sort of rough outline drafted up fairly accurately....
yea we know some stuff, overall length/width and height i think, angles too. the doorless body on the main CT tesla site can get some good info i think....this 1. good luck and please share if you make it! although they did say they wil be decreasing the angle thats down the center. i wonder what this will change
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck 1609628896113

Twinmaples

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3; Cyber Truck Tri Motor
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Totally agree, this has got to add zero drag. That’s why I like the idea of a custom inflatable tent so much. Slide it into the vault (probably only taking up half the storage), throw in your luggage, close the lid and you’re good to go. Arrive at your overnight stop, open the lid, take out your luggage, flick the compressor and in a couple of minutes, you’ve got a nice big camper van!
I want to use my CT as a truck to haul stuff but be nimble enough to quickly go camping for a night or two. A hard top would be expensive and a big inconvenience to put on and remove. It will have a compressor so I really like the idea of an inflatable tent. This was the main reason for getting a CT --> truck plus camping mode.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I want to use my CT as a truck to haul stuff but be nimble enough to quickly go camping for a night or two. A hard top would be expensive and a big inconvenience to put on and remove. It will have a compressor so I really like the idea of an inflatable tent. This was the main reason for getting a CT --> truck plus camping mode.
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck conestoga camp.JPG

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oregon trail, modern day wagon

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I'm liking something a bit larger, like this insert camper that you can add to the vault of the Cybertruck. These renders need work, but I want something in the vault so no need to tow and can travel almost anywhere all the time. So hope that there will be a camper style like this by Tesla or 3rd party companies that would be amazing.

Cybertruck Camper Cybercamper Concept.jpg
looks nice but the sharp angle facing the windscreen sure looks like a wind break creating quite a bit of drag

jayrhacker

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Little hard to describe but I want a rack I can mount any standard Roof-Top Tent to, which I can tuck down for transport. It'll add some drag, and probably block the rearview camera (but welcome to having a camper)

A Pop Up Tent, Pop Up Rack:
Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck Cyber Truck Pop Up Tent Pop Up Rack

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I get the attraction of a pop up but I'd like a hard wall option. I'm not interested in finding out in the middle of the night that the bears have moved their range.

For someone that might spend extended time living in one I'm torn over the idea that a problem with a vehicle that requires more than one day could leave you with no where to stay.
One the other hand there's a lot to be said for something that fits the bed and eliminates the need for a separate trailer to tow.

Either way I want something that a claw or knife can't open up in seconds.

EDIT: With more panels to run the camper functions or integrated with the truck's storage?
The latest rage in tents are inflatable tents, like the Heimplanet https://www.heimplanet.com/shop/shelters/tents/mavericks

Seeing all the inflatable castles for kids there seems to be no limit to size and how many nooks and rooms they can have.

The compressor could inflate a cyber castle in no time.

But for the security you’re after it would be necessary to latch it outside of the tonneau cover when inflated so the cover could be closed at night while sleeping in the castle.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
This is the best option I have seen someone make for the Cybertruck camper. It could be attached easily to the roof mounts for roof rack systems. The tunnel cover can still be there and aerodynamics will still be good, and with not much extra weight either.
1603200741865.jpeg
With this design, either the top is solid and a pain to store or soft and flap all over the place when you are driving. It blocks the rear passenger glass roof which is not part of the bed. I would prefer something that rest inside the bed with vault closed when moving and once popped up has relatively consistent headroom, enough to allow standing starting from back of the bed (not highest point of the truck) to at least end of an open tailgate. I thing we are yet to see the best design.
Sponsored