CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I wish this existed. I would definitely buy it if Tesla made one like this, although they would probably adjust the front to tilt up and put a small screen for maps and speed. Elon has said that they won't make a motorcycle because he was in a motorcycle crash in the past. I personally think they are pretty safe and would love to have that in the back of the Cybertruck.

Tesla Cybertruck cyber scooter hyper-cyber-motorcycle-concept-behance-640x533

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
A quick Google search will say otherwise. I had one when I was much younger and I know “the feeling.“ Just recently had a conversation with someone who works at a Harley shop and he was even saying that he was in the process of selling his own bike because the numbers were just not looking good. The shop lost 15 people last year because of accidents and this isn’t even a large dealership. Anyway, just an opinion.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The accident numbers of motorcycles come way down if you eliminate intoxicated or reckless riding habits and wear proper gear.

Sure, they're 30x for all causes. But full-face helmet is half the mortality. Intoxicated is another half. Boots another quarter, speeding more than half, jackets another eighth... Being a woman is another half I take off, too, women riders are significantly less likely to be involved in accidents than as pillion. Just... wear your gear, ride your ride, and be safe ^-^

-Crissa

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I have owned street bikes in the past but no longer ride thanks to distracted motorists. Occupant safety in one of the reasons I’m buying a full size CT. It will be the safest pickup truck on the road.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Riding a scooter...?
Tesla Cybertruck cyber scooter source

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Riding a scooter...?
source.gif
I'm glad i'm not the only one that felt that way ?

I was in vietnam before and a friend got us two scooters for the weeks we were there. I immediately returned mine, didn't get a refund, didn't even care. Bought a crappy chinese made motorcycle for 500USD and it was still a better ride and faster that his scooter. Sold it to another traveller for the 500 i paid as well, so free rental basically.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I work for a motorcycle training company.
Of course, I HIGHLY suggest doing a basic or advanced riding course whether you have been riding for years or are new. You will learn something that will make you safer almost guaranteed.

The military makes service members who ride on base and off base, take a riding course every2 years. Why? Because too many people were dying. After they implemented this, over 60% decrease in deaths.

Oh and scooters are becoming cool again. The harley, or big badass bike thing is an antiquated, dare in say, boomer mind set.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Scooters are becoming cool again. The harley, or big badass bike thing is an antiquated, dare in say, boomer mind set.
I'm 32, but nice try. I'll stick with my Stryker when I'm not in my CT.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The vast majority of accidents on a motorcycle are single-vehicle, and the majority of multiple-vehicle accidents are caused or contributed by the rider's actions.

Pedestrians and bicyclists, tho, they're mostly getting ploughed by distracted drivers.

There are those distracted pedestrians, too, like the girl who died (and a motorcyclist was put in critical) not far from my house because both were on the white shoulder line and neither avoided the other (there were witnesses).

-Crissa

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I had read about a group of retired police officers at the rally that were killed when another motorcyclists crossed the line coming towards them and if I recall 2 or 3 of them passed sadly.

https://www.newscenter1.tv/sdhp-fat...doubled-during-2020-sturgis-motorcycle-rally/

There are some ugly statistics. Back in the day I went through one of those military courses in AZ where it was legal for civilians to ride without a helmet and they had just changed the law to require it along with reflective vest at all times if you were military. Then there were guys that didn’t follow the rules and would get into an accident and then they would also get in trouble with their units usually when they got released from the hospital.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_fatality_rate_in_U.S._by_year

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Wikipedia article should have some big asterisks as it doesn't show deaths per capita, nor does it point out that registered cars out number private cars massively (because fleet vehicles), nor the discussion that the estimation of VMT may heavily undercount motorcycles because the majority of their travel (and deaths) are not on highways, and highway counts are the majority of VMT estimates or that highway counters often miss small, light vehicles like motorcycles.

Hmm. Maybe I should edit the article, it's missing a reference to the best studies on the types of accidents, which repeatedly show it to be most single-vehicle.

-Crissa

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Harley Davidson is in a pickle right now. The traditional Baby Boomer buyers are getting older. HD has a 5-year strategy named “Rewire“ that is looking to fix a ship that is taking on water.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
It's a shame that Elon feels the motorcycles are dangerous and in the hands of a inexperienced rider there certainly is a higher risk of a accident. Also many riders with over 200k miles and more having safely transversed the nation.
There are other companies filling in the void for electric powered motorcycles, I was hoping to see Elons vision for a E-bike with safeties he has incorporated in his vehicles.
I know programming can't fix stupid but for the rest of us it would be a great to have his ideas built into a E-bike.
I have been riding for 47 years and that's not my age, add in dirt riding and it's 10 more years. I am glad to hear don't ride if your concerned and ride if you desire...no wrong, no right just a choice.
I am curious what a Cyberbike would of looked like.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I rode a bike for decades, but the distracted drivers these days have gotten so bad, I don't even have a bike any more. Too many close calls.
Sponsored