retired
Country flag

Cyber-Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Silverado
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2021/12/09/high...ing-money-astronomical-400-million-valuation/

Just 2 days ago, talk about raising $400 million.

If this new video truly depicts the latest Cybertruck, their design is down the gurgler.
Yes, with the bed overhang spotted on the test mule this bed camper will need a redesign. Since it looks like a cab to bed pass through now exists I would be more than happy throwing a $500 IKEA foam mattress in the vault and sleeping like a baby for hunting trips out of state.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Great idea in making a quick buck with those reservation money and possibly not having anything in return. I'm sure it says in there that it might not go into production. Maybe I should have thought of this for 50 million!

Love the video in that unfinished garage lol

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
That's why you don't invest in a concept of a product that is fully dependent upon a product that doesn't even have a confirmed production design/specs. Talk about uncontrollable risks. They are at the whim of Tesla as a business.

Doesn't matter how much they have invested if they can't achieve what they claim to, all that money goes poof.

Besides that irrationality, never understood why so many are obsessed with the cyberlandr (and for that matter, wraps as well) to begin with.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I don't know where the certainty comes from theres a passthru. I hope there will be one, but its not at all as easy to do as it seems. Firstly the rear seat has to be fairly thin so it can collapse on the floor before the "midgate" can fold forwards. Then because of the "z" shape of the midgate the passthru will not be level and flat with the bed but will have a step. Plus there's the whole vault cover pathway issue. Also the rear glass can't slide into the midgate either because of the z shape.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2021/12/09/high...ing-money-astronomical-400-million-valuation/

Just 2 days ago, talk about raising $400 million.

If this new video truly depicts the latest Cybertruck, their design is down the gurgler.
I feel for those guys. I am sure that it was on their list of concerns. Maybe they can design around it.

As many of you know I have been playing around with the ROCC concept. (Roll over cab camper) These design changes don't really affect my design too much, uless the overall length changes drastically. I was expecting room for 4 with (2 being kids) or 3 with 1 adult playing footsies with the other 2, but taking 8" out might make all the difference. I just wish Tesla would release the dimensions and interface points to 3rd party so they could design away. I don't think Tesla should be in the accessories business.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A towed unit doesn't have the same legal or useful features as a stowed unit. Trailers are rarely used for surfing shacks because there isn't trailer parking at most pull-outs. Trailers hit alot of limits, not the least of which is the hit on maneuverability... there's hits to range as well.

The over-hang was always know about, but they'll come up with a concept. Their plan is a pop-up shack, which it its own use case.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla will not have different bed length options for at least four years. And, considering they will be able to sell as many as they can produce for years to come, why would they? If you know anything about manufacturing and keeping quality high and prices low it's a game of volume. How many units can you make of the same thing. The only reason legacy auto offers so many models and variations is because they want/need more demand.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Tesla will not have different bed length options for at least four years. And, considering they will be able to sell as many as they can produce for years to come, why would they? If you know anything about manufacturing and keeping quality high and prices low it's a game of volume. How many units can you make of the same thing. The only reason legacy auto offers so many models and variations is because they want/need more demand.
I don't think they ever will make a larger bed with a 4 door. There is also the cybervan which will satisfy a lot of people and then the wolverine if the reduced size and 4ws hasn't reduced the requirement to make that.

I would like to see the stats, but the 5.5 and 6.5 beds are way more popular than a full size bed. Maybe tesla could do a 2 door extended cab with a full size bed on the same wheelbase.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
This has not been pictured recently.

We don't know the dimensions of the truck from those photos close enough to measure inches.

-Crissa
Edit:

I downloaded an app and assumed it that the truck has TRD tires on it, which are 30 inch diameter. The bed measures 60 inches, give or take using this app.

If the tire is bigger it would mean the bed is bigger, it is also at a slight angle. I also don't know if the shrouding is cutting off any of the bed.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberlandr, back to the drawing board ? Screenshot_20211212-130717_Ruler

Last edited: