Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
I sure hope the Cyberlandr goes into production. Although I didn't pre-order one, I intend to purchase one if it's anything remotely like the proposed design. It will meet most of my road trip needs because it would be far better than staying at a cheap motel or sleeping in a reclined seat at rest stops. I figure for extended road trips or longer distance vacations, I'd purchase something like the Pebble Flow trailer. Since the Cyberlandr is compact and most likely can be stored in the garage when not in the truck bed, why not have both RV options?
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
A dedicated toilet and shower would be nice but not essential, but I do want large dimmable windows, security cameras, and Starlink internet.
Your chances of getting a Cyberlandr go up a bit if it doesn't have a dedicated shower/toilet room. That's where they really lost me on what's possible/practical.

I think a more practical conceptual design for an expandable hard-shell would be one that opens up like a nested accordian, with a pivot just aft of where the roll-top tonneau goes into the roof. This would leave standing room only in the very rear of the shell but would be easier to make structurally sound. When deployed, the sidewall panels would be triangles with triangular windows and the roof of the shell would slope steeply towards the glass roof.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The small size of the Cyberlandr doesn't appear to make much sense.
It sounds great! A tiny office, a changing room to get into surfing/diving gear, a little bedroom, whatever you need without dropping your range. There are so many trucks around here with wooden hutches designed to do just what the Cyberlandr is designed to do.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Your chances of getting a Cyberlandr go up a bit if it doesn't have a dedicated shower/toilet room. That's where they really lost me on what's possible/practical.
I agree, but with one caveat: I have built such a thing before. Three 10' poles, some lines, cloth walls, and a specially design 5 gallon drum it collapsed down onto (except the poles). I used expanding hose and a solar powered fan create negative airflow inside the tank and condense the liquid.

It was great! Except the risk of black water dumping, which was a pain.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
It sounds great! A tiny office, a changing room to get into surfing/diving gear, a little bedroom, whatever you need without dropping your range. There are so many trucks around here with wooden hutches designed to do just what the Cyberlandr is designed to do.

-Crissa
OK, we will see. Although I bet it never makes it to market in any meaningful way. I hope they prove me wrong.
Sponsored