First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I finished watching the interview and I was a bit disappointed in the view that we should just leave the CyberLandr in the bed. .....
If you check out their website, they indicate they do plan to make a dolly that would allow removal and storage of the camper. They also suggest using 2 people to remove it, but say 1 could do it. At 1200+ pounds I think it could be somewhat of a hassle to remove from / install into the CT vault.

Advertisement

Ramojarocho

First Name
Omar
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 09 C300 4matic, 98 Chevy 1500
Occupation
Automotive Industry Muth Mirror Systems
Country flag
i'd need to see a factory, too.

Not that we don't have these down here in Silicon Valley. Tepui started up down the street from where I first lived in Soquel. So... It just takes a bit of elbow grease, so to speak.

-Crissa
Hopefully we get a company here in the US to make something similar but less expensive. it is a cool concept tho!

Tenksen

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The concept is cool but as others have said, WAY too many unknowns about the CT. Final dimensions have not even been released.

The other problem? they have priced it out of being useful. Theres a reason the CT has a lower price point than people expected-though cool its still a truck, designed for work and priced (still bit expensive for truck area) accordingly.

You can buy another Cybertruck for the price they are asking or better yet a vehicle actually designed for habitation instead of 50k for an accessory.

It may be that construction (doubtful) placed cost high but even if thats the case it stops it being a viable consumer product.

Luke42

Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Hybrid (2-Mode)
Country flag
There are quite a few trucks out here that always have their little surfer house on them.

So while that might not work for you, plenty of people use them like that.

-Crissa
Being field-removable is a standard feature for truck campers, even if not everyone uses it.

Being to load and unload the camper in the field is important feature for a lot of people.

The Cyberlandr is clearly not for people who will use this feature.

Advertisement

Advertisement