John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
This is a simple front hinged curved lid with a manual Westphalia lift mechanism at the rear. It is under 7' tall.
Most importantly it has a minimal impact on aerodynamic drag, decreasing range by only 5-10%.
When opened it has a stand up height walkway that is ten feet long. It could even be made without a fully enclosed tent, using only velcro curtains. I envision the door on the right side of the taibox.
In extreme weather it is still usable while closed, with a sleeping space in the vault
Tesla Cybertruck Sensible alternative to CyberLandr and FORM CT +48%22 WedgeTentBlue curved Shell
over 48" tall and room for a port-potty in the tailbox.
Cyberlandr and FORM are $50k+. This should be under $10k.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is a simple front hinged curved lid with a manual Westphalia lift mechanism at the rear. It is under 7' tall.
Most importantly it has a minimal impact on aerodynamic drag, decreasing range by only 5-10%.
When opened it has a stand up height walkway that is ten feet long. It could even be made without a fully enclosed tent, using only velcro curtains. I envision the door on the right side of the taibox.
In extreme weather it is still usable while closed, with a sleeping space in the vault
CT +48%22 WedgeTentBlue curved Shell.jpeg
over 48" tall and room for a port-potty in the tailbox.
Cyberlandr and FORM are $50k+. This should be under $10k.
Like the modifications. Still not a fan of the overhang, but the vault only dome pop up I’m all over.

OP
OP

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
Like the modifications. Still not a fan of the overhang, but the vault only dome pop up I’m all over.
Walkway is now 100% bed and there is no place to pee during a hard rain.
Tesla Cybertruck Sensible alternative to CyberLandr and FORM CT short curve 6'11%22 Midgate & Whaletail Lifted

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
I would prefer something like many rooftop tents that are on small trailers, they have an "add-a-room" attached tent with deployable awning or vestibule. This keeps it in the footprint of the truck for driving, but much larger and more practical weather-protected space when camping. It does require some setup though.

OP
OP

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
I would prefer something like many rooftop tents that are on small trailers, they have an "add-a-room" attached tent with deployable awning or vestibule. This keeps it in the footprint of the truck for driving, but much larger and more practical weather-protected space when camping. It does require some setup though.
The real benefit of a pop top is internal access to the vehicle. I have never seen a rooftop tent (The best one is Bundutec Giant) that housed a porta potty. That's a real advantage in rain, snow or a public parking lot.
Tesla Cybertruck Sensible alternative to CyberLandr and FORM PMCCV Top Up copy 2

OP
OP

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
Firetruck 41, You know the CT comes with a built in air compressor. If you are not worried about your ground footprint you could go big!
Tesla Cybertruck Sensible alternative to CyberLandr and FORM Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 8.19.26 AM

OP
OP

John Forde

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Promaster van
Country flag
OK. Bed. Porta Potty and Ogre, no overhang.
Tesla Cybertruck Sensible alternative to CyberLandr and FORM CT SideLowLeft Nov 11

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Firetruck 41, You know the CT comes with a built in air compressor. If you are not worried about your ground footprint you could go big!
Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 8.19.26 AM.png
Blowers are not the same as air compressors.

Also, some of those require the blower run continuous which would make for a very short camping trip.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Blowers are not the same as air compressors.

Also, some of those require the blower run continuous which would make for a very short camping trip.
Flexible solar on the top of the inflatable paint booth?
Sponsored