Cybertruck and Vandalism, Keyed - How to protect & repair stainless steel?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Anyone want to know what the change in law is?

It's so that the level of felony is $900. That's it. Misdemeanors are still crimes.

$900<$2500.

And notice that Pete made zero citations to support his assertions.

I wonder why? Perhaps because he's not used to someone challenging his authority on various subjects?

-Crissa
Sponsored

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Anyone want to know what the change in law is?

It's so that the level of felony is $900. That's it. Misdemeanors are still crimes.

$900<$2500.

And notice that Pete made zero citations to support his assertions.

I wonder why? Perhaps because he's not used to someone challenging his authority on various subjects?

-Crissa
I'm sorry, are you so lazy that you can't find the penal code yourself. I let you know when the press release came out and by whom. I cited when the article came out. I'm so sorry if you have to look something up yourself. But you aren't being lazy, you are looking for a way to bag on me. And you're not "challenging" me. You're being a troll. And looking at your comments, I think you're deflecting. Perhaps you aren't used to being challenged. I related a discussion in a class I took. You weren't there, you have no idea what was and wasn't discussed. You have no idea about all of the data that was reviewed, or the discussions that ensued. You also have no idea about my contribution to the class or the positions I took. I'm not going into that entire discourse, this is a CT forum, not a law student discord page. I'm more than happy with how the average reader here will view my posts and responses.

I didn't say is wasn't illegal, I said it was a change. If you bothered to try and understand what I was saying, it was we looked the impact of the difference. And that with the reduction of the classification, DAs are hesitant to prosecute and LE is hesitant to investigate. But you know that, you are just trying to argue.

As I tell my kids, someone can only bother you if you have respect for their opinion. I no longer place any value in yours. I won't respond to you on this thread any more. It's a waste of time. You argue just for the sake of arguing. The last person I knew that was as stubborn and argumentative, I divorced her, and that was painful and expensive. I can ignore you for free.

Oh, and for accuracy, if you had bothered to read the PC, you'd know the change was from $400 to $950, not $900.

Peace

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Letsee... first I proved that crime is not soaring. But you moved the goalposts.

You still are flatly wrong about the state law. You can look it up. California and Texas have three-strikes laws. And crimes can be bundled into a single case to raise the penalties.

Now you're saying it was SF specifically. Nope.
https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/san-francisco-crime-rate-17065509.php

What else do you want to be wrong about?

Prosecutors can't prosecute what law enforcement doesn't bother to bring in. Are police suddenly shy of arresting people? Why? They get paid either way.

If you read the chart, prosecutors still are filing charges in the same proportion of arrests.
https://www.sfdistrictattorney.org/policy/data-dashboards/

Remember, this is from PilotPete 'trust me, bro' moment butting in to support people having their hands chopped off preventing vandalism.

You don't respect me? I don't care. You're wrong on the internet, and rude about it.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Indeed, Guns and Jesus are the first line of defense in states like Texas. 🤣
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck and Vandalism, Keyed - How to protect & repair stainless steel? 1697129822012

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck and Vandalism, Keyed - How to protect & repair stainless steel? 1697129834800

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck and Vandalism, Keyed - How to protect & repair stainless steel? 1697129885628

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck and Vandalism, Keyed - How to protect & repair stainless steel? 1697129909036

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck and Vandalism, Keyed - How to protect & repair stainless steel? 1697129942622

Interesting how some people declare to follow a middle-easterner with a gun. But they want to go to war against middle-easterners with guns.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Interesting how some people declare to follow a middle-easterner with a gun. But they want to go to war against middle-easterners with guns.
Maybe, just maybe, "some people" don't judge someone by where they are from, but judge them by the content of their character??? Hmmmmm???

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck and Vandalism, Keyed - How to protect & repair stainless steel? 1697130646325

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
We know for others not like us types, open to change and like radicalness, the Cybertruck might polarize to the point of keying the body. We can take scratches out of stainless steel, but the question is, can we repair deep key scratches? In stainless steel, how deep is the protection?
Stainless steel, if scratched, will instantly oxidize the chromium preventing future oxidation. however any iron residue from the key or tool will rust. Typically, when machining SS or during forming operations you can get surface iron and this can be removed. The passivation process uses nitric acid or citric acid to remove free iron from the surface. The chemical treatment leads to a protective oxide layer, or passivation film, that is less likely to chemically react with air and cause corrosion.
Sponsored