Cybertruck Can’t Tug-Of-War (software limited)?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Longtime members know I hate the 2019 F150 tug-of-war stunt, because it only impresses people who don’t understand towing/pulling - which comes down to the relative weight and traction of the other vehicle.

But, I’ve been surprised to not yet see recreations of that stunt, either from Tesla or influenzas.

We might have our first explanation for why we’ve not seen these stunt recreations:

The cyberbooligan guys have attempted it with a Silverado, only to find the Cybertruck is somehow software disabled from a pulling stunt. In an attempted tug, the CT cuts power and just rolls backwards.

They first thought it may be ABS, so they disabled/disconnected the ABS sensors, but same outcome - CT power cut and just gets rolled backwards.

Strangely, this doesn’t mean the CT can’t pull something that is stationary - if they put the Silverado in park, the CT would pull it some, though in a jerkingly odd way of power delivery.

Instead, when the CT was subjected to backwards force from the Silverado pulling at the CT, the CT would just roll backwards.

So, it appears that we haven’t seen a flood of tug-o-war recreations (from Tesla or otjerwise) in part because the CT is somehow software limited from participating when backwards force (as opposed to dead inertial load) is ‘sensed’ by the CT.

The good news is, I have clairvoyant information that the CT *would* have won this tug-of-war with the Silverado.

The CT would have “won” because only because it has better traction in virtue of its greater traction, due to its greater weight, tire contact patch, etc. (Throw some sand bags in the Silverado bed and air down the tires 5PSI, and then *it* would “win”.)
Sponsored