Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Frankly, I love the James Bond-like concept. Totally cool. Nothing I need here in Mid-America, but love it. I also like the CyberLander. Both toys are beyond my budget after buying CT.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I’ve started sharing the Cybertruck catamaran (Cybercat) concept today and thought the group would be interested. I’ve begun taking email sign ups to hold reservation spots. I intend to use this list to convince Tesla to either make the necessary modifications required to the Cybertruck to enable a third-party product like this or take the concept fully in-house to develop. I’ve addressed all of Elon’s previous objections to making a boat. Check it out!

www.cybercatamaran.com

R4 - Cybercat Foiler foiling at speed.png
I want some of what you're smoking. Next thing I know you will be saying it's coming to market in 2024!

Deleted member 3316

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that I’ve started sharing the Cybertruck catamaran (Cybercat) concept today and thought the group would be interested. I’ve begun taking email sign ups to hold reservation spots. I intend to use this list to convince Tesla to either make the necessary modifications required to the Cybertruck to enable a third-party product like this or take the concept fully in-house to develop. I’ve addressed all of Elon’s previous objections to making a boat. Check it out!

www.cybercatamaran.com

R4 - Cybercat Foiler foiling at speed.png
Is this your own design?
How far down the engineering rabbit hole have you got?
What sort of IP have you secured?
I am very much interested in the basic concept, I think the implementation would likely be very different than these renders.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Cool, however, hydrofoiling it seems to be a stretch.
Tere's nothing wrong with the engineering concept, hydrofoiling the Cybertruck with electric motors using the Cybertruck battery is totally doable.

The problem is retailing such a structure for the prices listed and bringing it to market in a timeframe of less than 6 years. Also, the design as shown won't work adequately. It is very inelegant and would require excessive weight to be adequately strong. Also, there is too much drag with the square frame. Even if the frame becomes more hydrodynamic under the waterline it is a huge problem when encountering waves. This needs to be completely re-engineered.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Tere's nothing wrong with the engineering concept, hydrofoiling the Cybertruck with electric motors using the Cybertruck battery is totally doable.

The problem is retailing such a structure for the prices listed and bringing it to market in a timeframe of less than 6 years. Also, the design as shown won't work adequately. It is very inelegant and would require excessive weight to be adequately strong. Also, there is too much drag with the square frame. Even if the frame becomes more hydrodynamic under the waterline it is a huge problem when encountering waves. This needs to be completely re-engineered.
That's why a Cybertruck going into a traditional cruise-boat configuration makes more sense to me. If it's envisioned to be venturing further out, it should be self sustaining with solar power and a traditional boat would allow for a more roof space to have solar cells.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Cybertruck to houseboat is the weekend get-away I can approve.

Huh, I wonder if it would be a decent rental to leave on big recreational lakes? I could leave it up at Shasta Lake and time-share it a few weekends a year...

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Cybertruck to houseboat is the weekend get-away I can approve.

Huh, I wonder if it would be a decent rental to leave on big recreational lakes? I could leave it up at Shasta Lake and time-share it a few weekends a year...

-Crissa
It would be great for Lake Shasta. Since the shoreline keeps receding you won’t know from one trip to the next how much off-roading you’ll need to do to get to the actual lakebed.

Does this work as a riverboat?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I had a long-ish post about how silly it would be because you couldn’t launch it at a boat ramp…

Then I actually went to the site and they had a very reasonable way to launch it from a boat launch.

This thing seems better thought out then it seems at first glance. Still think it’s a bit crazy, but who knows.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
I keep seeing this at the top of the threads. I got to four pages and not a single Top Gear reference.

"That won't work".

Seriously though, I do hope it does work out. Whether it's for the laughs or the sheer desire or the money or whatever, it pushes the envelope. Good stuff.

Also, very good camera shake, faking speed through the blocking and panning, and general computer graphics. Jet Powered rooster tails are tall, textured, and 3 dimensional, too much for the video you did. You can add multiple layers of varying transparency of noise textures for a bit of chop off each fin to sell the movement even more.

Elon said the Cyber truck could race in the Baja 1000. Maybe he meant the Newport to Ensanada International Yacht Race.

You think the CyberCat could compete? ;)

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck + catamaran = Cybercat™ 1644530126786

The skipper was 92 and the crew averaged age 67. They won in 2019.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I keep seeing this at the top of the threads. I got to four pages and not a single Top Gear reference.

"That won't work".

Seriously though, I do hope it does work out. Whether it's for the laughs or the sheer desire or the money or whatever, it pushes the envelope. Good stuff.

Also, very good camera shake, faking speed through the blocking and panning, and general computer graphics. Jet Powered rooster tails are tall, textured, and 3 dimensional, too much for the video you did. You can add multiple layers of varying transparency of noise textures for a bit of chop off each fin to sell the movement even more.

Elon said the Cyber truck could race in the Baja 1000. Maybe he meant the Newport to Ensanada International Yacht Race.

You think the CyberCat could compete? ;)

1644530126786.png

The skipper was 92 and the crew averaged age 67. They won in 2019.
They’d need a cast & sail, the range on this sucker is only 100 miles in the water.
Sponsored