Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red M3 white M3 grey MY
Occupation
MTM Assembly
Country flag
Let me guess...you have your truck already, right?
No, I even said in the message that my main complaint was, I've got a reservation number lower then most of the people that I've gotten their trucks already.
Sponsored

Zorro

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series
Occupation
Global Security
Country flag
This is the kind of things you can get away with when you have no true competition. If there was another product out there like the Cybertruck, a lot of us wouldā€™ve switched to the competition.

Till then, we have to suck it up and deal with it.

Cyber_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm in Tuscaloosa picking up in Franklin, Tennessee. The one in Birmingham I know about from the forum posts by owner. There is also one in Huntsville, wrapped in bright green. Are you picking up in Kennesaw Georgia? I purchased the EverBrite PermaClear kit for mine. You know, I really enjoy looking at other people's wraps, but, I'm broke now!! Haha!! I do plan to tint the driver's side windows to match the rear passenger OEM tint.
Cool! Yea. Kennesaw is my pickup location. Going legend matte black and tinting the whole thing. Hope it turns out nice! Appt is Monday for wrap but I may not have a truck.

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Stop paying in advance! You can bring a certified check to your delivery appointment or transfer the money via the app and you don't have to do it until you show up for your appointment and see your car!!
I'm really shocked an attorney would make this mistake. What firm do you work at so I can make sure to never hire you to legally represent me.

OP
OP
Pstryker

Pstryker

First Name
Pstryker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Ram 1500
Occupation
Video Production
Country flag
I just want to say as the OP on this thread- going through this journey has some big ups and downs but it's great to be able to come on here and vent about it with other people in the same situation. Deep down I think we are all just excited and looking forward to driving home in our new trucks. We may get silence from Tesla but at least we can blow off some steam here.

trth20

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model Y, Cybetruck reservation
Country flag
I was at the local dealership here in Southern California today trying to get some info on where my truck was. It did leave Texas but is now sitting in some temporary storage facility is San Diego during this delivery delay. I must have missed delivery by about 2 days i would guess.

The guy who helped me was very helpful and showed me all the info he could see. One bit of info he shared from what he had been told was the delivery delay is currently slated to run until April 23.

So at least now we have some idea of what timeline Tesla is talking about internally.

Fingers crossed this gets cleared up by then.
Iā€™ve got a delivery scheduled for April 21st in Arizona.

JesseDGreat

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y and 2022 Model S
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Curious why are people paying before delivery?

I had my lender mail check to me, provided tracking number (FedEx, UPS) from bank to Tesla team at delivery center. I took delivery of my Model Y Friday 9/1 at 4p and brought in the check Tuesday 9/5 after the holiday weekend.
I am curious about that. The Cybertruck will be my 4th Tesla and I never had to pay ahead. For my CT, my bank gave me a blank check so I can deliver it to the SC once I get the truck. I confirmed this process with my SC and several Tesla employee through the app and in Texts

Metr0nome

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
Country flag
Other than I'm not sure on the legality of taking someone's payment in full, registering car under them, and not delivering it for an extended period of time. Pretty sure the lemon law or something must kick in. Like anything else, they surely get a grace period to repair or deliver, but it isn't open-ended and certainly not more a month or so, I'd expect
Unfortunately, the lemon law wouldnā€™t kick in. This happened to me when I bought one of the early gen 3 Raptors. Paid for and insured in October. Took delivery in December. Was paying for my truck while I didnā€™t have my truck. Nothing you can do about it

djobleezy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
Iā€™ve got a delivery scheduled for April 21st in Arizona.
When did you schedule your delivery? Was it after the hold started last Friday?

Also, what VIN # range are you in?

trth20

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When did you schedule your delivery? Was it after the hold started last Friday?

Also, what VIN # range are you in?

1. Reservation Number: RN1127857xx
  2. Reservation Date: Morning of 11/22/2019
  3. Order email invitation: 12/26/2023
  4. Order execution date: 12/30/2023
  5. VIN assigned: 103 days later on 4/11/2024
  6. VIN number is in the 6 range, Iā€™ve heard theyā€™re in the 7s now
  7. Delivery was officially scheduled yesterday. They had originally said as early as the 20th.
  8. Delivery date: 4/21/24 UPDATE: I added a new post to the thread, but delivery was moved to 4/26/24

Last edited:

djobleezy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
  1. Reservation Number: RN1127857xx
  2. Reservation Date: Morning of 11/22/2019
  3. Order email invitation: 12/26/2023
  4. Order execution date: 12/30/2023
  5. VIN assigned: 103 days later on 4/11/2024
  6. VIN number is in the 6 range, Iā€™ve heard theyā€™re in the 7s now
  7. Delivery was officially scheduled yesterday. They had originally said as early as the 20th.
  8. Delivery date: 4/21/24
Thanks for the info!

This could either mean they are close to finding a general solution and will continue deliveries as intended.... or there is a certain VIN range (4800-5800 - just guessing?) which are affected and need a more comprehensive fix. The speculation continues!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Delivery Hold Until April 23 -- Tesla Dealership Associate 1713415402874-nc

trth20

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the info!

This could either mean they are close to finding a general solution and will continue deliveries as intended.... or there is a certain VIN range (3800-5800 - just guessing?) which are affected and need a more comprehensive fix. The speculation continues!

1713415402874-nc.png
Iā€™m in the 6800s, so its possible

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
After reading through all this drama, Iā€™m most curious about why Darryl2006 has a strike through his name and is listed as banned šŸ˜‚. I read through the buildup of a meltdown with Crissa, but missed the arc! Such a cliff hanger. We have another Netflix documentary storylineā€¦
No idea. The state doesn't care how much you pay for insurance, after all, just that it's provided. I don't know what happened while I was off cooking dinner.

Good story, some back and forth, believe what you want.

IMG_5933.jpeg
Friends don't let friends read the Daily Mail. Also, apple links don't forward on all devices.

-Crissa

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
Software mysterioulsy throws faults, reduces power and suggests you to stop driving, possibly as soon as you drive off the lotā€¦ Just Take it to Service All is Fine..

You are mashing the Pedal hard and consciously choosing to drive like a lunatic to the limit of being out of controlā€¦ Stop Sale

this just sounds backwards..

$0.02

šŸ¤Ŗ
Sponsored