Cybertruck Dual Motor Acceleration boost

Will DM CT have acceleration boost option?

• Total voters

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Anyone that is buying the beast is buying it for acceleration and, whether 3.9 or 4.1, 2.6 beats the daylights out of it. You may be right about Tesla perhaps delaying power boost for a while but I do not think that it will take sales away from people that want the fastest acceleration.
Agreed.
CyberBeast is making sure you donā€™t get beat by Rivian unlike CT AWD
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Agreed.
CyberBeast is making sure you donā€™t get beat by Rivian unlike CT AWD
I donā€™t race other cars and certainly donā€™t intend to race my truck. I have uses for the power but they are entirely utilitarian. I have driven an older Model X and floored it on an empty road. I cannot imagine having that kind of acceleration in a Cybertruck but the AWD will. People pushing the Beast better be careful.

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I donā€™t race other cars and certainly donā€™t intend to race my truck. I have uses for the power but they are entirely utilitarian. I have driven an older Model X and floored it on an empty road. I cannot imagine having that kind of acceleration in a Cybertruck but the AWD will. People pushing the Beast better be careful.
I wasnā€™t implying real world fast and furious racing. Itā€™s more bragging rights and the thrill of flooring it on a long highway, on-ramp, remote road etc.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Ya quote should be ā€œfaster than Porsche but doesnā€™t handle like oneā€. CT is probably basically a brick with a rocket tied to it. Well a little better than that.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Ya quote should be ā€œfaster than Porsche but doesnā€™t handle like oneā€. CT is probably basically a brick with a rocket tied to it. Well a little better than that.
I'd be curious if that statement holds up when considering the bigger porsches like a cayenne or something.

With the suspension adjustment ability, 4WS and body stiffness on the CT, it might be close.ive never driven either though.

probably still does lol

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'd be curious if that statement holds up when considering the bigger porsches like a cayenne or something.

With the suspension adjustment ability, 4WS and body stiffness on the CT, it might be close.ive never driven either though.

probably still does lol
I can pretty much guarantee you it won't be as agile as a Porsche, you can already feel the extra weight in the M3P/MYP. Straight line is fine, but corners are a struggle even in comparison to some older 911s we chased through the redwoods in Cal a few moths ago. You have to two pedal it and then it starts whinging at you, that it effects range and might cause your brakes to heat up...well yeah really, you don't say! šŸ˜

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Oh I did find it called dual motor in the website source.

In like 3 places

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...e-extender-timeline-confirmed-and-more.10277/
Ah ok, Im not as tech savvy as some. Thanks for Clarifying!

I know there had been a ton of Dual motor and Tri motor evidence.. but on the site at launch.. I kinda got the impression the Cyberbeast was just the AWD CT with more power unlocked. Kinda how they did with the model three where its all basically the same.. but they hand select the M3P motors.

(This left me hoping they would eventually Axe the RWD and do a cheaper AWD at the same cost in the future)
Sponsored