kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Just a thought, but im pretty sure the Tri motor Variant has the upgraded wheels (ones from the unveiling) and the duel motor has the rims without the wheel covers. Always wondered what the difference was at the factory outbound lot and this seems to make sense to me. IMO.

Also now when you reserve a cybertruck you don't get a choice between models. My question is can I upgrade to the tri motor if I have the duel when configuration comes available?
RN1127!
Sponsored

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
I think the only confirmation we've had so far was the black and white interior. But. We. Dont. Know. On Nov 30th, hopefully we will.. I don't see why both interior color options wouldn't be available on both trucks, but for now this seems to be one way to tell.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Just a thought, but im pretty sure the Tri motor Variant has the upgraded wheels (ones from the unveiling) and the duel motor has the rims without the wheel covers.
for the base model CT, the base rim is standard (below on the Pirelli Street-oriented tire):

Tesla Cybertruck Dual motor vs Tri motor 298B389B-391B-4DD5-A82F-E676C2E24029

In the base model CT, the premium rim is an option (here on Goodyear offroad-oriented tire):

Tesla Cybertruck Dual motor vs Tri motor 73787FD1-1AF6-4B87-A969-8330E1FF6100

Regardless of rim choice, one can choose either the more street-oriented Pirelli, or the more offroad-oriented Goodyear.

for the performance model CT, comes with premium rim. Still an option for either tire set.

the aero-dynamic hubcaps, I assume come with either the base or the performance CT, regardless of rim set chosen

In a recent advance, what *seems* to be possible is that the Pirelli street tire and Goodyear offroad tire have differen ring aero hubcaps to match with the sidewall design
Tesla Cybertruck Dual motor vs Tri motor 14A1FC45-1058-4C28-A691-DE56C5DEDE09
Tesla Cybertruck Dual motor vs Tri motor 6B1E2580-A826-4903-8860-5E273AF996A9

That said, I’ve seen at least one aero hubcap installed mismatched to sidewall design. That could merely be someone at Tesla mismatching an install for whatever reason, rather than intended configuration at sale.

My question is can I upgrade to the tri motor if I have the duel when configuration comes available?
When you get chosen to configure a vehicle, you’ll be able to configure anything available

Not to say they’ll be equally available (if only in terms of wait times between order and delivery)

EDIT TO ADD PHOTIS

Last edited:

Cybertruck Tampa

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Just a thought, but im pretty sure the Tri motor Variant has the upgraded wheels (ones from the unveiling) and the duel motor has the rims without the wheel covers. Always wondered what the difference was at the factory outbound lot and this seems to make sense to me. IMO.

Also now when you reserve a cybertruck you don't get a choice between models. My question is can I upgrade to the tri motor if I have the duel when configuration comes available?
RN1127!
Nope you can’t upgrade you’re stuck with what you reserved. Thats why it shows your exact model you ordered in your Tesla app. (Sarcasm).

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I don't see why both interior color options wouldn't be available on both trucks,
it’s a just trim differentiator - similar in other cars to only offering certain ‘exclusive’ paint choices on premium trim lines

I haven’t followed Tesla cars close enough to know if there’s president for this sort of thing in Tesla. but maybe this is a CT-specific quirk, based on streamlining production and/or a more utilitarian approach to ‘options’ for this more utilitarian vehicle?

In any event, it’s the sort of thing that seems Tesla could walk back if there’s public push-back (like yours)

On the other hand, Tesla software limits range in models (leaving perfectly good battery resources essentially idol), so go figure

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
On the other hand, Tesla software limits range in models (leaving perfectly good battery resources essentially idol), so go figure
I think the software limit on the MS/X packs means less warranty claims for Tesla. It is a new move, on models they've said they want to phase out and make in smaller quantities for the nostalgia. It makes sense, reduce part count. And the 15kw [x~138$ per kw = 2k] cost Tesla a lot less than the $10k they are essentially charging extra to all the LR customers..

Basically its a scheme where the SR is well within the safe limit of the battery, and for 10k you get to squeeze another 15KW out of it, but possibly risking it's cycle life when past warranty. With drones, we have standard 4.2volt cells and HV batteries, that you can safely overcharge to 4.35-4.5 volts. Maybe its something like that, and the SR pack operates in a safer voltage range.

And I think the B/W trim thing is just for per-production. Not sure about the MS, but fairly sure M3 and MY had both colors available on both trims. It might be premium to the higher spec, but i think tesla would give their customer the choice. CT isn't exactly flashy.. wait

Last edited:

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
I haven’t followed Tesla cars close enough to know if there’s president for this sort of thing in Tesla. but maybe this is a CT-specific quirk, based on streamlining production and/or a more utilitarian approach to ‘options’ for this more utilitarian vehicle?
Ok, people, we are still begging...

A precedent is something that "sets a standard or example or rule to be followed." A president is someone who lives in expensive temporary public housing, gets saluted a lot, and tries to persuade a lightly armed mob that he should be allowed to stay in said public housing for another four years because he really likes the room service and he is the best president and there are in fact no precedents among presidents that are nearly as good and therefore they (the lightly armed mob) should be willing to go to prison so he can keep getting hamburgers at midnight and so release the McCracken.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Ok, people, we are still begging...

A precedent is something that "sets a standard or example or rule to be followed." A president is someone who…
Oh! Oh! I have one, can I try?!

A “desktop computer” is something with a physical keyboard and no interfering auto-completion type software, on which someone can type 100 words per minute

A “mobile phone” is something on which they can still “type” lots of words per minute, but by slapping their banana-thumbs on glass with ‘predictive’ typing software that auto-incorrects every 10th word

Tesla Cybertruck Dual motor vs Tri motor C694A5EE-DC3D-4C34-86E2-E58CFE33446E

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Do we suspect that we can at least have the option for non-white interior on the “Performance” variant? White and Off-Road/Children are not the best combo 🫣 . . .
Honestly, unlike the impossibility of an addition of a ‘midgate,’ the interior trim color optionality seems like something that is purely decision based, and so could change around each time Musk switches between sativa and indica

or at least, sometime before many of our orders are up

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
Oh! Oh! I have one, can I try?!

A “desktop computer” is something with a physical keyboard and no interfering auto-completion type software, on which someone can type 100 words per minute

A “mobile phone” is something on which they can still “type” lots of words per minute, but by slapping their banana-thumbs on glass with ‘predictive’ typing software that auto-incorrects every 10th word
Ahhh the old "auto correct" excuse.

JK. We've all been there and inadvertently typed had the phone introduce an autocorrect error like this one. Gives people a smile. All in good fun.

KScheidt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KirkScheidt.com
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Occupation
Risk Analyst
Country flag
Honestly, unlike the impossibility of an addition of a ‘midgate,’ the interior trim color optionality seems like something that is purely decision based, and so could change around each time Musk switches between sativa and indica

or at least, sometime before many of our orders are up
To the lurking engineers . . . Please think of the (parents of) children! 😬🙏🏼

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
To the lurking engineers . . . Please think of the (parents of) children! 😬🙏🏼
🤣they may be thinking “why does a parent of children need a sub-3 second 0-60?”

As a parent if 3 under 6, my Lightning’s dual-like sub-4 second results in enough bad parenting decisions
Sponsored