So that's what they meant by white decor

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Review mirror, nice
With no video display. Unimpressed by this bean counter measure when Hyundai‘s and Toyota’s have it for a hell of a lot less.

Some things such as rear facing view shouldn’t be packaged in with other information in the 18” display.

I digress, it’s a point of contention with me.

I should add, I’m not upset with just Tesla on this, Rivian also needs to include this especially in the R1S.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Such clean, unbroken lines. 'Tis a thing of beauty.

XCeilidhX

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model S, awaiting CT RN112786958
Country flag
Thanks for posting this, ModelAZ.

One thing I have not been able to tell from these videos since I have not yet seen a CT/CB interior in person is what material is the white part of the dash made of and what is it's texture? Is that white alcantara? A flat firm/hard surface you can suction cup mount on? etc... I honestly have not been able to get a sense of that at all from the videos I have seen. People tend to pan quickly in these videos and when they do the quality isn't so hot if you pause a frame so things like texture seem to get lost, at least to my eyes. If anyone knows, that would be helpful. I'm trying to figure out what I can and cannot attach to this dash.

I saw a post elsewhere that seemed to indicate that the only option for the CyberBeast was the white trim interior... which to me is sub-optimal and if this surface is firm then perhaps I will wrap it or something. White will reflect far too much off of heavily tinted windows and that's my plan. Along with all the things I want to be able to attach to the dash--for instance a tablet, as my experience going back and forth from my Model S to my wife's Model 3 is that having everything in one cluttered screen display annoys me to no end and perhaps moving the GPS mapping for routes to another location may help me use Waze and improve upon the directions over the Tesla version (which chronically calls lane changes and turns far too late for my taste, especially at the speeds I drive) while leaving the main screen less cluttered and easier to manage at a quick glance while paying attention to the road. With my ADHD, a cluttered screen is just not gonna cut it... which is why I need to know more about the surface material and if it can be used to mount anything. Otherwise I may have to use the back of the resident dash screen to mount other screens and this is going to get kind of comical.

Bottom line: if anyone knows what that material is and what it's characteristics are that would help people like me out.

Cheers.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

aadams1278

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
What’s the amber color alert icon on the left of the screen below the headlight icon?

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
White piping on the seats look great!

'Sueded Wheel' with white stitching and you're 'Johnny B. Goode' 2Go!!!!!

ps My 2013 VW Up! has very similar looking seats, including white piping!
Sponsored