Banned
First Name
Barri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Unless you can convince me that is not 5/8" sheetrock, he was way, way over the rear axle load limit. And I'm surprised he didn't damage the tailgate, unless perhaps the roads were as smooth as a peice of sheetrock and he drove like grandma. Dynamic loading is why you will see so many photos of bent and mangled pickups if you Google "bent pickup frame".

If that Cybertruck's tailgate survived that trip, that's one tough tailgate!

People who don't have experience breaking things by towing and hauling need to respect the load limits. Sheetrock is one of the most dense loads, of all common loads, and that is quite a stack. Don't get me wrong, I've overloaded trucks my entire life, and mostly got away with it, but you have to know what you're doing and respect the forces involved.

My F150 platinum has a 900lb payload which is pathetic. I often have 2200-2500lb pallets of tile of flooring in it. Yeah i know it's back there but it squats a lot less than you would think. There's a ton of headroom in the chassis and axles and your weak spot it normally you're tires. They will blow out before anything related to the drive train or chassis has problems unless you got new tires and a rusted out frame.. Your limitation is normally your class rating not the hardware. I have seen 8ft bed f150's with double the pallets i have in my 6ft bed f150. one time i even had a whole pallet of 80lb bags of quikcrete in there. that was much heavier than the flooring and tile pallets. That CT will have no issue carrying that drywall.
Sponsored

Bsimmer3000

Banned
Banned
First Name
Barri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Then its way over.
Way over what they recommend but it will have no problem handling it. Almost every single super crew/extended cab truck you see on the road hauling payload or towing a trailer is over it's specs a long way. I go over over mine by 5-6x it's rated loads. never had a problem in 15 years, My f150 has a "official" 900lb payload. it's stupid

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
Accident with airbags deployed? What are we looking at?
You might have missed it, a Cybertruck got into its "famous first accident" a couple weeks ago. Demolished a Toyota and the world deemed it the slayer of the road.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
You might have missed it, a Cybertruck got into its "famous first accident" a couple weeks ago. Demolished a Toyota and the world deemed it the slayer of the road.
And you photoshopped the picture?

I'm guessing that you meant for it to be funny, it went over my head.

I don't have time to go and compare it to the accident. AFAIK, it was the same guy, since we never saw his face.

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
And you photoshopped the picture?

I'm guessing that you meant for it to be funny, it went over my head.

I don't have time to go and compare it to the accident. AFAIK, it was the same guy, since we never saw his face.
Ha, Yeah just photoshopped the drywall into the photo.

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Those are 8' long.
The bed is 6' at the bottom 6", but its shorter up higher at the bottom of the window. And the tailgate is about 20".
They also had a drop cloth or carpet on the floor of the bed, and it looks like it slides all the way forward when the drywall was loaded into the bed by the forklift...Probably all bunched up between the drywall and the cab-side wall of the bed taking up about a foot or so of space:rolleyes:.
They really should have put the drywall on a pallet on the ground, then hand loaded it into the bed. It probably would have taken less time to load than fucking around with the forklift and orange dolly, and would have been better for the drywall, especially the sheet on the bottom with the spacer underneath it, so all of the weight of all of the other drywall sheets are bearing down on it, bending and possibly breaking it....What a clusterfuck.
Nice work Home Depot! :sick::ROFLMAO:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
They also had a drop cloth or carpet on the floor of the bed, and it looks like it slides all the way forward when the drywall was loaded into the bed by the forklift...Probably all bunched up between the drywall and the cab-side wall of the bed taking up about a foot or so of space:rolleyes:.
They really should have put the drywall on a pallet on the ground, then hand loaded it into the bed. It probably would have taken less time to load than fucking around with the forklift and orange dolly, and would have been better for the drywall, especially the sheet on the bottom with the spacer underneath it, so all of the weight of all of the other drywall sheets are bearing down on it, bending and possibly breaking it....What a clusterfuck.
Nice work Home Depot! :sick::ROFLMAO:
There is a slant at the front of the bed that limit the number of sheets that you can load before they start sticking out further.
Tesla showed 12 pieces of plywood fit, and that's probably due to the slant.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Don’t know why he didn’t buy a couple of 2x4 runners to lay down first or at least hand load a double sheet first to protect the bed, especially to prevent them from pushing the load in onto the bed and tailgate. Not very smart of the owner or HD.

Rick

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Don’t know why he didn’t buy a couple of 2x4 runners to lay down first or at least hand load a double sheet first to protect the bed, especially to prevent them from pushing the load in onto the bed and tailgate. Not very smart of the owner or HD.

Rick
The bed may not need protecting. Lots of reports on how tough it is.
Sponsored